England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Lingard livermoore etc should be thrown in the bin regarding England. Hell why not call up tom cleverley

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Will be very surprised if Shaw is yet again ignored by Southgate, best left back we have imo and playing better than Chillwell

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Grealish now has 9 assists. Only kane and de bruyne have more.

4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Baring in mind we have 3 qualifiers in 6 days, I would be tempted to have a 40 man squad which could include musiala maddison etc. I don't think club managers want their players playing 3 games in such a short space of time

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Toosaul, Gaz811 and TopBanana10 repped this.
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I wouldn’t have an issue with Lingard being around the squad if he earns it at West Ham. Obviously not an elite option but has useful qualities to be in a squad.

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Southgate probably there to look mainly at Luke Shaw.

hussar repped this.
  9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Worrying that reece james has lost his place in the Chelsea team. 2 games for tuchel and he's been on the bench for both. Surely he's a much better fullback than azpalecueta?

10. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I'm not that worried. Tuchel will soon realise how useless azpi and alonso are as fullbacks and drop them soon. They've never done anything of note and have been some of the reasons why Chelsea have dropped over the last few years.

roverman repped this.
  11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Odoi is worth another look. Hes been excellent these last few games

12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I think they heard you

13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Barnes is another player on fire. Southgate has got some tough choices to make in the next squad. Maddison grealish foden barnes odoi sancho sterling.

14. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I think they probably did. Never been so wrong about a football decision in my life

roverman repped this.
  15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He's playing with a back three. Azpilicueta is playing as a CB. Hudson-Odoi at wing back.

roverman repped this.
  16. Toosaul

Toosaul Member

Aug 28, 2011
    That was a great interview. That's funny Saka could here Wright cheering England on when playing guess that makes up for not having fans inside the stadium.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  17. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    I'm not sure what to think of Hudson-Odoi as a wing back. Its never crossed my mind that could play in that position.

roverman repped this.
  18. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Just watched the highlights on MOTD. He wasn't really playing as a normal wingback, he was playing on the right side of a front FIVE. Can't see them playing that system vs one of the big teams.Mind you its an option if southgate keeps playing 3 at the back.

roverman repped this.
  19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Be good options to have saka and odoi as wingbacks . Southgate has so many possible formations to work with, with versatile players. If only he had the acumen to work out a system

20. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Will be very interesting how Ben Davies will perform for Liverpool. He is a left-footed CB, so if he is doing fine, could have an outside chance for England, as there is not many left-footed English CB.

21. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    #14746 MrSnrub, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    I really can't imagine he'll play much at all, just a cheap stop gap signing to take the few minutes that Rhys Williams (who looks way off the standard of a premier league centre back currently) and Nat Phillips get.

Seems like they want another more expensive option today.

22. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Back up striker options are interesting. Not much to choose between Bamford, DCL, Abraham, Ings and Wilson. What do you reckon?

23. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yeah, I did not know about Kabak then, now it looks like he will get only a few games here and there.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Is he that good though? Seems to be in struggling teams and if he’s that good, why did no other Bundesliga teams come in for him.

25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Turkey have some really good players coming through. Could be a dark horse for the euros