England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Didn't catch the full Man Utd/Liverpool match, but from what I did see, Shaw was looking good again. Probably playing better than Chilwell at the moment.

roverman repped this.
  2. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    Worrying situation at Chelsea. I can see the academy players getting dropped. Havertz coming in for mount seems likely for instance

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Chelsea are a bit of a joke when it comes to sackings but don’t think we should worry about playing time for Mount, James, Chillwell and Abraham. I think Tuchel will play them on merit so can’t see them being bombed out of the team or Squad anytime soon. From what I’ve heard he’s also not averse to bringing in Youth players also if he thinks there good enough.

4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Lampard and Morris have more of a connection with the club’s proper fans than most of the people currently in charge.

Lampard did wonders for the academy players and making Mount captain in his last game was a classy gesture.

Think England will have quite a lot to thank Lampard for.

W.A.S.P., Port Vale Fan and roverman repped this.
  5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I think lampard made a rod for his own back by spending heavily in the summer. Last season he invested a lot in youth which I'm sure abramovich would have been happy with but spending around 200 million and not working out has cost him the job

6. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    #14706 Gaz811, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Lampards also made rod for his own back by randomly dropping players and changing systems, there for not knowing his best side. Also does anyone know why he ghosted Tomori.

roverman repped this.
  7. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I think James and Chilwell will be OK, especially the latter. Tuchel’s teams press high and Mount is one of the best in the Premier League at but it’s hard to see him getting as many minutes as he did under Frank. Tammy will likely be used in rotation as he was by Frank anyway.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Personally I think tomoris lnexperience. Lampard bottled it and went for more experienced defenders

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I see no reason to worry about the young academy products at Chelsea. They didn't win their game time in a raffle, they got it because they're performing at a higher level than those behind them. If anything, people like Werner and Havertz are getting more game time than they deserve because Chelsea paid good money for them.

Gaz811 and roverman repped this.
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Saka exceptional again. With him and foden playing the way they are, the future is very bright

MrBoombastic repped this.
  11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We have so many wide players but saka offers more positions to his game

rw, lw, cm, lwb

W.A.S.P., roverman and TopBanana10 repped this.
  12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Grealish motm again. He should think about moving on in the summer

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Pickford just made a howler in front of the watching Southgate. To be fair, feels like this is the first one for a while though if that’s any consolation.

14. MrBoombastic

MrBoombastic Member

England
    Nov 10, 2020
    Despite conceding twice, Pope was once again very good. Probably now got to be no 1 for England but could do with moving from Burnley to a better team and bigger club.

Grealish's run in the 2nd half was unbelievable, shame he didn't finish it at the end, would have been goal of the season.

roverman repped this.
  15. MrBoombastic

MrBoombastic Member

England
    Nov 10, 2020
    With Foden, Saka, Grealish and Maddison all playing so well, you wonder whether Southgate will make room for at least 2 of them in his first team and take out a couple of his favourites.

roverman repped this.
  16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Saw the grealish run. He has Amazing ability

17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I would take all of them. Saka can cover leftback. Maddison can cover attacking midfield. Grealish and foden can also play on the left but I suppose sterling and sancho play there as well. Attacking wise for me only France have more attacking quality. So we might as well play to our strengths

MrBoombastic repped this.
  18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001

Grealish run from 2:00 mark

Marcho Gamgee and MrBoombastic repped this.
  19. MrBoombastic

MrBoombastic Member

England
    Nov 10, 2020
    I would think Saka, Foden and Grealish would almost certainly be in the squad, Maddison too I hope but probably 50/50. Maddison has had a better season than Mount but I'd still think Southgate will favour Mount and probably start him.

Hopefully he gets rid of the 5 at the back by the time the next friendlies come around and starts trying out a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Then we might have the option to play Foden and Grealish together rather than just one of them at best.

RobTheFool repped this.
  20. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Who are you leaving out?

TopBanana10 repped this.
  21. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Probably rice or Henderson

22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Or possibly mount

23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Kane off Injured at halftime! Got to hope it’s nothing to serious but when it’s Kane, you always have this nervous feeling it could be long term. Hopefully not though!

24. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm not too worried about kane first off we dont know if its weeks or Months yet. Second its better it happens now rather than a Month before the tournament. He'll likely miss the qualifiers which gives the likes of dcl Abraham ings some opportunities against weak opposition. We also have far more strength going forward than a year ago and alot more match winning players. Even if he missed the group stage we should qualify which leaves us with the prospect of France Germany and Portugal which we are 50/50 at best. We always seem to get big injuries which no other country gets because we play to many flamin games

TopBanana10 repped this.
  25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    roverman repped this.