England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khadrim

Khadrim Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    It's weird, I don't think he played well. Kept making the wrong decision. For example the penalty was because he ran into the Newcastle defence when the space was out wide. He'd lost control of the ball so should never have been a penalty. The end of the game puts a gloss over a poor performance for me.

2. Khadrim

Khadrim Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    He's not express as it is. If he gets too slow to play up front, he is too slow to play in the middle. Let's just play players in the natural position. Else Southgate will convert Kane into a Right Back.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You don’t need speed or be able to cover ground ... check out the stats of James Rodríguez ..

Kane has the vision to see the pass and he’s also able to make the pass as well

roverman repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He is in my opinion a better all round forward than lewondovski.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let’s not go overboard

you can’t judge players in a handful of games

will he stay fit? How will he if done by the end of the season?

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Maddison still on the bench for Leicester, either he’s still not fit enough or he’s struggling to get back into their side which it’s good for him.

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    No Vardy or Söyüncü either .. pity it’s away from home but I still kinda think Villa can win this with Leicester missing arguably their best three players

Their confidence will be high .. they’ve had more time to practice with Barkley .

I’m hoping for another great game from Grealish although it’s unlikely to make any difference to Southgate. I bet with all the grief he’s been getting of late for not picking Jack he’s probably hoping he fails ..

roverman repped this.
  8. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Grealish running the show again

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Gareth will be at home sticking pins into a Grealish voodoo doll ...

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I really don’t get this criticism that Grealish spends to much time on the floor! Isn’t it quite obvious that he just gets fouled like a hell of a lot because he’s so good on the ball and his close control when moving with it makes it hard for the opposition to simply get near him so players just dive in constantly, plus he’s sees them coming and takes a touch before they arrive. Just think it’s one of these really unfair criticism that gets branded around about him.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    That’s my take on things as well .. I think a lot of people just don’t like Grealish for whatever reasons

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  12. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    How are you guys watching the game? It’s not on TV here.

13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    We have it on in Sweden, not ppv just part of the overseas deal the Premier League sold to Viasat I would presume.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  14. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I would say Barkley is staking a claim to be in the next squad however if Southgate is going to persist with the same tactics, can’t see where Barkley would play unless he has second thoughts on two defensive minded midfielders.

15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’s one of his ‘favourites’ .. he’ll probably try him in goal for the upcoming friendly :)

17. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    If Barkley is the answer, then what’s the question?

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    How many players can I pick before I choose grealish

19. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Barkley playing well is good, southgate the moron can’t be stupid enough to play him on the wing, at least he would replace one of the two DMs in this insane system he has mustered up.

roverman repped this.
  20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    He’s in form, best I’ve seen him play since his Everton days imo plus he plays centre mid and attacking. I haven’t been his biggest fan over the years but if he carries on this form him playing centre mid has to be better than a Rice/Henderson pivot just as an option. Obviously Foden would be my first choice.

21. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Harry_Kane is 2 goals short of 200 in 296 appearances. Quite remarkable yet people still doubt him

22. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Barkley is alright I suppose but honestly, I’d rather see Foden, Grealish or Mount played as our central attacking midfielder.

23. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Foden or Grealish I agree, but Barkley over Mount as a CAM for me. Barkley almost always perform in an England shirt

Khadrim and Gaz811 repped this.
  24. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hopefully maddison comes back strong

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It's funny, for years we bemoaned our lack of #10s and now we have loads of them we don't want to play with one.