England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Don’t think I’ll ever complain about an English ref again! This ref is pathetic, for him it’s about how good you can scream and role around on the floor that determines the foul!

W.A.S.P. and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    This is the ref who did that mad Rio Ave v AC Milan game the other week.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Why have them warming up for nearly ten minutes??

Just 18 minutes to save the game ..

4. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    One nil down.

Persists with the two defensive midfielders.

Waste of time

Henderson as well? Oh fcuk off Gareth

RobTheFool and roverman repped this.
  5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Henderson on now. Bad luck grealish. Southgate is a ********

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would probably have done us a favour! Seriously though I can't remember a team ever coming back with 10 men, certainly not when playing for over a half with 10, can you think if any?

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They’ve messed up some real decent chances tonight ..

8. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seriously? We are getting bullied and played around by Denmark. Sure the man down doesn’t help but you still don’t think Southgate is to blame? He has only just made a change at 73 minutes in and has run Kane into the ground, not changed anything to improve us. It has been an utter bo***cks performance and all down to him

W.A.S.P. and sharpovic repped this.
  9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Then don't watch and don't both contributing then.

TitoTata repped this.
  10. Wendigo7

Wendigo7 Member+

Bournemouth
    England
    Mar 31, 2015
    Poole
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Disgusting performance.

11. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Southgate clearly has an issue with Grealish. I’m coming into that idea now. I think 99% of this country believe he should be on the pitch now

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure that's true. In the past he's been relatively comfortable on the ball... well, for an England CB anyway.

His form has just disappeared through the floor.

Of course, all that does is raise the question as to why he's playing in the first place.
    It's obviously true to say that, if you're playing 3 at the back, they ALL need to be extremely comfortable in possession and in good form. If not then the choice of playing them has to be on the manager but, nevertheless, the blunt truth is that it was an individual error.

The point being that, even WITH this system, if the players can play it, (and they were doing OK at first), it means we have more people in midfield, (where we usually struggle against better sides), and up front.
    I'm not saying anything anyone on here but, tbh, I think a lot of this stems from the meeja wanting 'a story'. At one point Southgate was our saviour and that was the 'story'. Now he's a clueless idiot and THAT'S 'the story'.

From what I remember the performance in Spain wasn't that great. We just happened to grab a couple of goals through some exceptional play. If the players tonight had done the same thing, (and some of them are the same players after all), the story would have been the same as before.

As it is a couple of individual blunders and they have another 'story'.

Personally I think we can play in this system AND a back four but If the players make blunders it doesn't matter WHAT system you have... you'll lose.

13. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kane is still on the pitch, Calvert Lewin is playing on the left ffs, players out of position everywhere

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    That ref is an absolute CLOWN

15. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    You know what.

If these Danish players want to squeal like this at any contact, just do one of them

roverman repped this.
  16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    You just know that Southgate will say that he was generally pleased with most of our play and we were just unlucky with the goal ..

RobTheFool repped this.
  17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I actually have a feeling we will score ..
    Coady ??

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Denmark are a disgrace. Most diving cheating bag of shite going

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So, again, we've had a number of players booked for arguing. They've had almost NOBODY booked for repeated fouls on multiple players ad they've been doing it almost ALL game.

roverman repped this.
  20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Sorry but I’m gonna be looking out for any ‘get Southgate out ‘ petitions ..

21. MUFC20

MUFC20 Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Southgate needs to get rid of this formation. It’s too negative

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He very nearly did as well with that late header :)

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    What a disappointing evening .. to highlight our situation

Scotland managed to beat the Czech Republic and Wales won against Bulgaria AWAY !

24. Wendigo7

Wendigo7 Member+

Bournemouth
    England
    Mar 31, 2015
    Poole
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yurash is the best shithouse in the game by a mile.

I have never ever seen him be carded for his antics in any game.

He got 4 of our players carded tonight. Tremendous shithousing but we're desperately susceptible to someone who simply doesn't care whether you like the antics or not. Got the effect he wanted.

roverman repped this.
  25. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Damp squib of a second half but to be fair to them, going a man and a goal down half hour in its always going to be up against it.

Southgate really needs to learn and learn fast though. It's all well and good wanting to improve defensively but does anyone on this planet think we look a remotely threatening side playing like we have been? He's correct to identify you need to do well defensively to win tournaments. But you also need to be able to score goals. And at any rate I would struggle to see how anyone can seriously claim we improve defensively playing like this. I expect this will be put on as an individual error, and of course Maguire was absolutely atrocious. But its doesn't excuse the glacial pace of our attacks in this system, and that individual errors are piling up.

I said before my skepticism in international football trying complex tactical systems. You just don't get the time. You should be trying to get your best players on the pitch in a system that gets the best out of them. Our best are our attackers, some of whom are missing out due to the need for more defensive players. Our system has one of the best attacks in the world looking completely impotent in open play.

We will not get past the second round of the Euro's if we carry on with this system. Getting out the group will be a huge challenge.

Marcho Gamgee, Toosaul and roverman repped this.