England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    He had the most touches and passes of the front 3. 94% pass completion too. Thought he looked much better tactically for them tonight. Looks like he’s learning the system.

roverman repped this.
  2. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    well good then.

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I touched on that earlier .. the majority of his passes ( all simple 5 or 6 yard passes ) were backwards back into midfield ..

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    The guys raving over Foden’s game tonight must have been creaming themselves over Everton’s James and his two performances ...

5. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    I like his goal, especially the touch that starts the move, that's what he should do more, he has a rare ability to turn very quickly and face the game

6. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    if a ‘bit of an influence’ is a goal and assist every game I’ll take that.

roverman and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  7. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    that’s how we play though. We keep possession. I don’t really get what you want him to do?

he showed creativity, got a goal.. it wasn’t his best game I agree, but he’s just turned 20 and is playing an integral role for one of the top teams. From an England perspective it’s great.

another side to his game that gets ignored is his work rate. He works his socks off when not on the ball, often running more then any player

roverman repped this.
  8. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    He has the talent to dominate games, that's why the expectations are high

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #10809 Marcho Gamgee, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    James is what 29 and has a wealth of experience compared to Foden who is only just turned 20 and I don’t really care about James on an England forum, we are talking about our England players right? You’re just nit picking as usual, he also did some lovely half-turns to get away from the Wolves defenders but obviously if that’s not to your liking then fair enough! Fwiw, I wasn’t saying he was great or magnificent but he was better than just ok, imo.

Just out of interest, does the last James performance count because it was against a poor WBA team who are worse than Southampton. Just so I’m clear on this issue.

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  10. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    50% of his passes were forward passes. He’s not there to be playing long passes either. He was the only one of the front 3 to play a successful long pass.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    So tito tata kane is substandard foden is substandard any English players u like?

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Worse than Southampton .. hardly ..

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We’ve been here before ... check back through the thread a day or so ..

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Not including grealish

15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Wba are certainly worse than Southampton

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hadn't realised diangana was as good as this. What are the chances of him breaking into the England squad in the future

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Guess you didn’t see Southampton against Spurs ...

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Southampton are an established epl side who finished midtable last season. They've just made a bad start. They've still got quality. West Brom don't have a player like ings for example or anyone that could get near Southamptons team

19. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    What Tito Tata means is that he is running down anyone who he feels is competing with Grealish.

roverman repped this.
  20. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Probably opt for the DR of Congo.

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    WBA still weren’t good, let in 5 goals and were down to 10 men for the second half so does the James performance count? I had a feeling you would try and swerve this one :p

22. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    James is a class player but Foden isn't the same kind of player at all. James is a 10 in the traditional sense. I still think Foden is a wide forward (some will disagree) and more of a goal scorer than creator. James Maddison is more comparable to James position and attribute wise.

23. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Disagree. I think Foden is better in midfield, the way he was used at the Euro 21 and made Aouar look like a championship player. He can do a job wide and was good there as a young player. But not quick enough and cannot used his clinical long range passing

IGSpur and roverman repped this.
  24. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Wonder if southgate reads football forums. Love to know if he read this one. If ur listening gareth CALL UP LAMPTEY AND SAKA. ;)

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Just to clarify, I wasn’t comparing James and Foden, in fact it wasn’t a reference about their ability. I was responding to a poster who was belittling Kane for his performance against Southampton because they were terrible, whilst suggesting we should be creaming ourselves about James’s performance against the might of WBA and an awful Spurs performance in the first game.

IGSpur and roverman repped this.