England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Henderson is heavily involved ...looks super fit

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Mbappe certainly world class and I love watching Pogba WHEN he’s on his game ..

I see people passing Mbappe off as overrated yet he’s still a kid !!

See I’d pay good money to watch Everton’s James play but not Kane or Sterling ..

We’re all different ...

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The problem with Kane is injuries

on his top level he’s world class. But I feel like he might burn out early the amount of games he’s played

would suit him to play at a better side where he has an opportunity to rest every so often

roverman repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Mbappe is far from world class right now

5. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Starting to wonder if you're a very committed troll at this point.

6. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Probably a planted story by his agent.

7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hes not. Hes all pace right now. Doesn't turn up in big games. Hes still got plenty of time but he's nowhere near the Brazilian ronaldo, now he was world class. His international return of 14 goals in 47 games for France isn't anything to shout about. Compare that to Harry kane for example 32 goals

8. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Harvey Barnes is definitely one who should not be far from a call-up.

9. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    #10709 MrSnrub, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Mbappe was very effective for France in the world cup. He absolutely destroyed Argentina in the last 16 game and Croatia couldn't handle him in the final either. His goalscoring record is fine for his age, he only scored 1 in his first 10 for France so its dragged down by that. Likely he will break all goalscoring records for them by the time he's done.

I'm a fan of Barnes but between Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Greenwood, Saka, Hudson-Odoi.... difficult to see where his opportunities will present themself. Maybe ahead of the last two right now, but for how long?

His league average minutes to goals + assists last season of 150 is competive mind you (Hudson-Odoi also a surprise) in that list:

Sancho - 70
    Rashford - 110
    Greenwood - 119
    Sterling - 126
    HudsonOdoi - 142
    Barnes - 150
    Grealish - 230
    Saka - 293

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  10. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    White, Saka, Barnes and DCL are knocking on the door. One or two injuries and they should be in.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Saka white lamptey grealish maddison should all be in contention if they keep this up. Maybe reece james as well. To accommodate our new breed of rightbacks I would have to be tempted to cast trippier and walker aside

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  12. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    James Maddison hasn't started a game since 23rd June, no chance he's making the squad.

Given there's only going to have been 3 league games since the last squad I doubt anyone is going to have played themselves into the squad since the last round. It'll just be returning faces who missed out through injury. Possible exception of Calvert-Lewin who was probably unlucky to miss out to Abraham last time.

13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I’d make an exception for White. Maybe Maddison too if he starts next weekend.

roverman repped this.
  14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    .. Harry Kane was a travelling LOAN player up to being 21 .. Mbappe’s age NOW !!

Adjustments.jpg

15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    What does that prove. Kane was given a chance by pocetinho 6 years ago and he's never looked back. Mbappe was given a chance by Monaco at 18. Its all relative

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    You said mbappe is certainly world class. Are u basing that on his goal scoring record or something else. Yet kane has just as good a goal scoring record if not better, he also creates goals. Yet u claim hes not world class. Kane has scored goals at the world Cup plus in the champions league. So are u basing mbappes world clasd tag on his pace then? Because I don't see the difference in kane or mbappe in their goals to game ratio even though kane is ahead on that right now

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Mbappe has been unplayable when I’ve watched him play .. he’s only struggled when the team has struggled.. - he does need some supply ..

18. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    I've said it before Mbappe is Frances version of Michael Owen.

19. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    Barnes looks like he will become a really good player. Only 21 and he’s one of Leicester’s best players

hussar repped this.
  20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mbappe is miles better than Kane

Kane is a striker that has great technical ability but no pace

mbappe can play across the front three and is better at more aspects of the game than Kane

21. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I've gotta say, Ben White looked so solid and comfortable on the ball today. He was made for the highest level. He will be in the England squad in no time

hussar, W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  22. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Miles better no chance. Kane has scored in a far harder league. Got a better champions league record. Scored more goals at the world cup. Plays for lesser teams at international level and club level. I doubt Mbappe could have delivered those incredible assists that kane provided today. Mbappe is certainly quicker

23. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Please God no with the back three.

TopBanana10 and roverman repped this.
  24. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Going back to my previous discussion (I'm not a broken record) southgate is no idiot regarding duel players, if there was an inkling that we could lose saka or lamptey for example, I'm pretty sure southgate will be on the phone to them or even bring them into the squad even for experience. Im sure that's the reason why he included odoi and tomori. Not sure about philips. We can't afford to lose talented duel players as we don't have a huge roster of young lads playing regularly. I would much rather lose reece james to Jamaica than this lad to Ghana. Looking at ghanas squad they're not exactly flush with any real talent, hopefully that's in lampteys thinking. Call me a broken record if u want

25. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England are too good for a 3-5-2 when we have enough options available.

roverman repped this.