England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    oof, feel bad for him, still recall when he was close to joining Bayern.

2. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Good to hear. People who can't remember last year are a high-risk group right now.

3. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    China has a lot to answer for.

Not sure if the lack of criticism in the media is caused by fear or laziness?

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    China is a joke country

racist and authoritarian and now causing a pandemic with their eat every animal traditions

roverman repped this.
  5. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Sure most people already know but English football officially suspended now and the domino effect will surely be the final nail in the coffin for not just Euro 2020 but potentially any international football until at least the Autumn.

6. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    I think it'll be interesting to see how collaborative and cooperative FIFA choose to be over this. When football eventually restarts, it would surely make sense to abolish the June international break and potentially the September one if required to finish this season as quickly as possible in the event of no full cancellation. Obviously it will also be interesting to see how they act with regards to a rescheduling of the Euro's given there was going to be an expanded club world cup next summer. Despite the fact FIFA are the most powerful governing body in football, their hands are tied to an extent by what the players and Europe in general wants given it's the global centre of football. Surely if all the big European star players were to prefer the Euro's then that would essentially back FIFA into a corner. However, I'm not fully aware of how it works so if anyone knows more feel free to discuss.

7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    The 2 friendlies now called off. Cant see the euros going ahead now but there should be NO football in the summer

8. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Football isn't happening anywhere until at least July-August, probably later.

Euro 2020 becomes Euro 2021. Premier League, Football League, in fact at every level Europe-wide; season 2019-20 becomes season 2019-21.

Don't abandon the season that's 3/4 finished and do Liverpool etc out of their rightful prizes, play it to a proper conclusion at a time that isn't a reckless endangerment to millions of lives. Abandon the season that hasn't even started, fill in any blanks between now and Euro21 with more internationals, informal club tournaments and tours, celebrate AFCON 21 instead of European clubs and fans seeing it as a nuisance with some of their better players 'disappearing' mid season.

9. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Seems to me it makes sense to delay the next nations league to the next cycle and then next seasons internationals can just be used for world cup qualifying.

As someone mentioned.....from an England perspective the postponement isn't actually that terrible. Gives Kane and Rashford a chance to get back (naturally there will be other injury concerns). More crucially the midfielders should hopefully sort themselves out better - RLC back, Foden should establish himself, Grealish should get a move to a much better club.

W.A.S.P. and RobTheFool repped this.
  10. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Pointless speculating because we’ve no idea how this virus will play out.

I have no confidence in governments taking the right steps because we learned nothing from the SARS outbreak.

11. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I guess things are going to be very quiet on these forums for quite some time so hope everyone stays safe, keep your families safe and comes back when we get over this damn virus pandemic!

12. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    #8387 TopBanana10, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    I know there are more important things than football but all this was caused by a Chinese lust for bat soup and/or pangolin scales. ********in savages.

I know the majority of them probably don’t even eat ‘wet meat’ but they’re pretty good at turning a blind eye.

We got lucky with SARS. Now, Chinese playing fast and loose with wild animals again has ********ed us all.

This comment will probably get deleted because it’s more politically correct to pretend this virus appeared out of thin air.

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I totally agree. They should be held accountable. How about their billionaires paying some compo to world governments for huge loss of earnings in businesses world wide. They're backwards neanderthals

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    UEFA are considering moving euros to December. For me that wouldn't work as I have to work lates that time of year, plus weekends. Just leave it till this summer and cancel all club football

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeah let’s base it round when your free to watch right?

Oxford Tom and roverman repped this.
  16. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Meow!

roverman repped this.
  17. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Euro's postponed till 2021

18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Well they can ******** off. I wont watch a single champions league game or epl game in the summer. The greed of the big clubs wins again

19. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    There won't be any football this summer, what on earth are you on about?

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    There will. That's why they moved the euros

21. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    In all honesty, I am completely numb to anything going on in football right now. I will fully admit that I was one of the people who never believed the virus would become as significant or serious as this. However, seeing the impact it's going to have on people losing family members, businesses being shut down, people losing their jobs, potential food shortages and the whole world and western way of life generally nosediving in such quick fashion, makes it almost feel crass to care about football and the Euro's. The most frightening and depressing aspect of all this is it looks like everything will get a lot worse before it gets better, and it might not get better for a long time. The issue as well is that it's going to be a two stage process, the first is actually controlling and beating the virus which looks a long way off at the moment given the current state of affairs everywhere. Secondly, even when we finally do that, the world is going to wake up to an economic and societal ground zero. How many cafe's, restaurant's, pubs, bars etc will be left? I fear it will take years in the aftermath of this for the damage to be repaired, that's if it ever is.

I just feel that in this new reality, football's place in the world almost pales into significance sadly.

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the football world is in a state of denial and self-delusion to be honest. There will be no football this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if next season didn't start on time either. I don't think people realise how bad it's going to get. The current modelling suggests that the absolute best case scenario is tens of thousands of deaths in the UK, but more likely it'll go into the hundreds of thousands. This is very likely going to be the defining catastrophe of this century, much more so than climate change.

roverman repped this.
  23. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    In this scenario Club football should come first as Clubs up and down the Country could go out of business and I think it’s certain some will go bankrupt if the suspension lasts as long as I think it will, players will very likely lose their jobs, maybe not in the Premier League but under them it’s a huge possibility, so Club football will rightly take priority to try and recover from this disaster.

24. Players who benefit from EC2020 delay:
    [​IMG]

25. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Players who wont benefit...christiano Ronaldo