England Senior National Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Dec 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Colwill is weak in aerial duels from crosses. Noticed it a few times in the City game but gave him a pass because it was against Haaland but it's becoming clear it's an issue in his game.

2. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Mengi, Burke, Barkley, Clark, Doughty, Morris and Townsend start for Luton. Berry, Nelson, Shea, Woodrow and Piesold are on the bench.

Konsa, Ramsey and Watkins start for Aston Villa. Iroegbunam, Rogers, Chambers and Kesler - Hayden are on the bench.

3. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    Thank god Southgate was in attendance, otherwise he might not have know Ward Prowse can take decent corners!

Does he have any open play assists this season?

4. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Gomez has moved from Midfield to Left Back and now to Right Back. Shows his versatility and why they must be a good chance he is recalled particularly with Shaw, Guehi and Trent out and Trippier now a doubt.

5. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I don’t think so. To be fair I don’t think he fully deserves to be be called up but he is currently better than Phillips and maybe Henderson who likely will be called up

6. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Assist for Bowen.

7. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  8. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Jacob Ramsey off injured again. What an unlucky season he has had this with injury.

horrisengleton repped this.
  9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    We have the second top scorer in England. Top scorer in Germany and top scorer in Spain. We should have no problems getting goals.

MrBoombastic repped this.
  10. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Watkins has improved immensely over the season. I was harsh on him before but he looks the complete package

MrBoombastic repped this.
  11. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    Did it look bad?

12. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I’m listening to it on the radio but it was a walk off after struggling for a bit rather than being stretchered off.

horrisengleton repped this.
  13. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    He pulled his calf I think

14. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
  15. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

16. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Crazy that a ref would blow up after the corner already taken. Bellingham had every right to be mad

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Selfishly I just instantly thought it means less time on the pitch this season for Bellingham.

roverman and horrisengleton repped this.
  18. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

19. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    That is the one benefit. Presumably only a one match ban I would imagine (Through he could in theory still be banned over the Greenwood incident as well but that seems unlikely).

20. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Unpopular opinion on here, but I feel people are overblowing Bellingham’s game time/minutes situation. Firstly, the Spanish schedule is naturally lighter anyway due to them having thinner and fewer cup competitions, secondly they have a proper break mid season and thirdly it’s a less taxing league physically due to the style of football over there and again, the thinner competition at the top of the league.

He also had a month out in November due to an injury in which he missed an international break and the travel that comes with it. Whilst Madrid were eliminated early on in the Copa Del Rey so again, minutes saved there. He’s just had three weeks out and even in terms of this season’s internationals, he only played in both games on one occasion(September) was rested against Australia in October and then didn’t feature at all in November.

I understand people wanting to wrap him in cotton wool due to him being the jewel in the crown for us, but I think there are members of the squad who’s workload is far more concerning.

21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    You get a two match ban for something like that in La Liga I think.

Fireburn47 repped this.
  22. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    #13072 Fireburn47, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  23. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  24. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Henderson back starting for Ajax.

25. horrisengleton

horrisengleton Member+

Arsenal
    England
    Jul 18, 2023
    Valencia, Spain
    I've thought a lot of this myself but while Serie A and La Liga are definitely the best leagues for longevity, having watched Bellingham play there he still runs himself into the ground every minute of every game and basically plays like he's still in England. He also doesn't get rested as much as other players when he's fit and tends to always stay on beyond 80 minutes at least.

I do agree with your point overall though, I think I'd be more concerned by Saka's current workload than Bellingham's. I think with Jude the concern is more the accumulation of minutes that started when he was 16.

roverman repped this.