England NT 2005 Home Shirt

Discussion in 'England' started by Butterfingers, May 8, 2005.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Canada
    For those who have picked up the 2005 NT home jersey, quick question - is the star above the badge embroidered or a plastic stick-on?

I've purchased most of my jerseys through online stores and this most recent one was an eBay purchase. When I saw the star was plastic and not embroidered like on the Away jersey, I wondered if perhaps this is not an authentic item. Either that or Umbro is really trying to cut costs . . . :D

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. bracer028

bracer028 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Los Angeles
    i would also like to add a question to this topic

i'm planning a trip to london this summer and i was wondering where is a good spot to pick up that england NT gerrard shirt?

3. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    plastic stick on.

4. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah it's plastic. I just got around to buying the new home shirt yesterday. Best home kit we've ever had I reckon.

5. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

http://www.england-direct.com

6. Vizvader

Vizvader New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Thats where I got mine, the star is palastic, but it is better than a 'stick on' plastic tag, I would probly prefer embroidered but its still not bad.

7. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As long as it doesn't come off, then I've no problem with the star being plastic personally.

8. Rise

Rise Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Exeter, UK
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really? Im not impressed personally. But then, being a traditionalist, I never am until I get a decent memory to picture it in. With than in mind, I do think

[​IMG]

is better thanks to the image Micheal Owen beating half of Argentina to score back in '98, and my current fav is

[​IMG]

Not sure why. Might have something to do with a night in Munich...

bracer028, if you pop into one of the big sport shops around London (like JJB Sports or Tony Pryce) they'll sell you the England shirt and press the name/number for you to custom specification. Not sure if they'll do it while you wait there though or ask you to come back in a few days as it seems to vary from shop to shop.

9. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've never been impressed with the England shirts personally. But the current home and away kits are by far the best we've ever had for me. The 2002 away kit was nice though.

10. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I recently ordered the new home kit with the shorts and socks for my son through England direct. It was part of his B-Day present. They ended up sending me a Large New home Jersey instead of the kit, even though on the invoice received in the package it showed what my original order was, the kit for my son. Because of their blunder, i didn't receive the kit till after his B-day. They didn't even offer to let me keep the Jersey they sent me because of their error. I had to send it back via airmail to them and then they shipped his kit. Talk about horrible business relations. Anyway, the kit is awesome and my son really loves it. It has the #9 on both sides and Rooney on the back. My son is 5 yrs old and I guarantee that in North Texas, where I'm from, there is not a kid with a better kit, lol.!!!

11. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nice story. I'm glad to hear your son enjoys his kit. :) So you were born in the USA then? Did you have parents from England?

12. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, I was born in Texas. And thanks, my son definately enjoys his new kit. My Great Grandparents on my moms side are from England. I am a die hard England Nat Team Fan !! My son absolutely loves Rooney and Becks , Owen etc.. We watch this compilation video of Rooney Goals on the computer practically everyday. Anyway thx for your kind words.

13. ERIMUS

ERIMUS Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Teesside
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England direct are rubbish, i wouldnt order from them. I ordered a new England long sleeved shirt and they promised it would be here on the opening day, it never did come until 6 days later.

14. Rise

Rise Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Exeter, UK
    Club:
    Exeter City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've always got my shirts from Subside.

Brilliant range, and I've always found them to have excellent customer service and speedy delivery aswell.

15. Vizvader

Vizvader New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    I've never had a problem with England Direct and I've ordered a few times, I've always had quick delivery too. I just got the New Blue Training Jersey from them and its a beauty shirt!

16. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    I just got mine from JJB, i felt guilty though as i'm paying Wigan Athletic.

17. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Gerrard"
    "4"

£1.00 per letter
    £5.00 per number

£40.00 for the shirt (about)
    £12.00 for letters and number of Gerrard

Some do it for you in store, on the spot. It takes about five to ten minutes.
    Piccadilly Circus has a sports store, not too far off the beaten track of London sights.

Revelian

PS - Don't go thinking I like London, just because I know about a sports store there - London is a shithole.

18. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    hello~

i bought the 2005/2007 England home shirt with authentic Chris Kay Gerrard #4 markings

i must say it is REALLY nice :) Seeing it in magazines is one thing; seeing it in person is way different. The star is quite nice and the red St George cross effect on the right shoulder is a nice touch. Plus, the shirt itself is real light, so it feels good to wear ^^

i bought it from a local store in Pasadena (Soccer Plus). Absolutely great service and they have a surprisingly vast collection of footie stuff for a store in the States

The away shirt is also quite nice as well. Got that one marked with Scholes #8

19. bracer028

bracer028 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Los Angeles
    i will keep that soccer plus store in mind...i am going to england this summer and i wanted to wait until i was there before i purchase it. now that i know...i will just go there and buy it if i can't find it in england...

i want that long sleeve gerrard shirt...

20. Landon Donovan

Landon Donovan New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Comiskey Park
    AWESOME SITE!!!!

21. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey bracer

i think Soccer Plus has both Home/Away LS shirts... so go check it out whenever you can

www.soccerplus.net

Cheers!

22. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Subside is a really nice selection. Also I wold advise all to never order anything from the ESPN Soccernet store.

23. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really beautiful shirts :)

The more i look at the current England kits, the more i love 'em~