England Euro 2016 Tournament Thread [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It could be that they couldn't score and had no plan how to unlock teams and when they were down to Iceland, they panicked and stopped playing.

2. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just can't understand how grown professionals who have dealt with pressure in the past just simply go into a hiding place when they face adversity this time around.

3. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Exactly, I dont get this. In the past, England has been technically inferior and this time mentally weak. They have been playing for their clubs and never had this problem. Like Rooney didn't panic against Palace.

4. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    You didn't beat Iceland because your goalie muffed a shot he should have stopped, your central defenders lost the plot and allowed an easy goal right after England took the lead, and you didn't have any attacking players good enough to break down a determined and organized Icelandic defense.

And all of those things are a function of an overall lack of talent.

Heck, not a single England player would likely make the starting eleven of Germany, Spain, Italy, or France...

5. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And any of Iceland would?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  6. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I just used the awards data to illustrate my point about England not having any world class players....

7. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Of course not....but they don't have supporters who think their team and players are much better than they actually are. The only people who were shocked by Iceland beating England were people who overrated England and underrated Iceland...i.e. most England supporters.

8. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rubbish. Everyone was shocked that Iceland beat England. England man for man was better than Iceland and they just imploded big time. Its not that England lost to France, Spain, Germany which we all expected that anyway. But to Iceland who has a population of 300,000. All of a sudden Rooney couldn't control the ball, Kane doesn't know how to shoot. How is this technically inferior?

How abt in the past with Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Scholes. Etc. They didn't win it either.

If you technically bad, you won't be able to score 25 league goals, 24 for Vardy.

Sturridge scored that beautiful goal in the Europa final out of nothing but couldn't produce here.

RobTheFool repped this.
  9. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Rooney has been underperforming for several years and is resting on past laurels. Sterling and Sturridge are over-hyped products of the EPL publicity machine. Vardy and Kane both have had one good season in an overrated league. Joe Hart wouldn't even make the 23-man roster of many other European countries, and he certainly wouldn't be starting for any other contender. Rose, Cahill, Smalling, and Walker are an utterly average back four, none of whom would make the starting lineup for Germany, France, Spain, or Italy.

You act like Iceland is a team of nobodies....but they beat the Netherlands twice in qualifying, Turkey, and the Czech Republic, and drew with Portugal and beat Austria in the group stages. Their players may not be as famous as those who play for England, but they seem to be able to play football just as well.

10. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And you're acting as if individually Iceland is superior which they aren't. If not they would be playing for big teams in so called big leagues like La Liga. Overhyped Sturridge? He's no World class but he's a good player. It doesn't make him bad playing for England. How did he produce that goal in the Europa? Don't tell me it's fluke because he keeps doing it.

Again you keep bringing up Spain, France, Italy, Germany. We are comparing to Iceland not those nations. Nobody said England players are great to be replacing those.

You also fail to mention why previous players like Gerrard, Lampard who produce in champions league on their own but fail to win for England. They would get in most teams.

Also for Rooney yeah sure he underperforms but how can he forget how to trap the ball or how to pass the ball? That's not lack of talent, that's just mentality

11. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This current team has good decent players but we are no fools thinking we are world class. none of them are world class. Only you thinking we think they are. Yes in the past we had very good players but Not anymore. They are decent and they should be good enough to beat Iceland.

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I heard the conference and it was the same old media friend bs where he comes across as remorseful in a fake way

Fact is he is clueless, we need a coach who has some idea about tactics and hiw to set up a team

We had so much space between players, all the good teams play closer together and work off each other. We have no idea

Vicks repped this.
  13. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I believe we have like 25% of the coaches spain has too which is nuts

giles varley repped this.
  14. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #2764 LorneMarvello, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    why is it americans when ever I see them talk about their national team you all think your top 10 material yet if england dont have any very good players, what does that say about yours.

Also Italy dont have that much great talent in their squad yet they are doing well not because of individuals but because they are a TEAM just like leicester.

So no i Dont believe you, also how many of that chile side got into the top 35 players short list?

nice try thanks for playing but your application to be an Uber Coach has been turned down

W.A.S.P. and Vicks repped this.
  15. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well if that aint a SON of a bitch!

Cris 09 repped this.
  16. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    play england v iceland 7 times (like one of your silly american series) , I will even give you iceland has 4 home games to englands 3

which team would you pick to win the series?

Get ready guys I have set a trap for this smart arse.

W.A.S.P. and Vicks repped this.
  17. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #2767 LorneMarvello, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    look clown we all expected england to be knocked out when we came up against a france, italy germany, belgium, hell even croatia or our bogey team Portugal.

But dont tell me only england fans were shocked by the Iceland defeat you are talking ****.

we need this windup merchant banned Baz

Vicks repped this.
  18. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeah you find plenty of americans keep banging that england overated drum from 10 years ago, its they who are stuck in the past due to their ****y pundits and the fact they hear we ace our qualifying group and think we must believe we are the shizz lol.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  19. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  20. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    And if they played like that all the time then you'd have a point, but obviously they do not. France start games with Giroud up top, but do you seriously think that he'd be ahead of Kane, Vardy or Sturridge based on club performances? Not a chance.

Vicks repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Did I read above somewhere above that Harry Kane has only had one good season? O........K

2015/16 played 38, 25 goals
    2014/15 played 34, 21 goals

He's 22 years old ffs but no doubt he only scored these goals because the Prem is overrated! Lol

Oh and forgot to add, he must be overrated too!

Vicks repped this.
  23. Vicks

Vicks Member

May 28, 2016
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why didn't Giroud, Martial, score 25 goals last season? They are better than all the England players apparently. Clown!!!

dbs235 repped this.
  24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Look, we have had a shocking Tournament, no doubt about it but people are going over the top with their almost laughable comparisons that our players are of no higher standard than an Icelandic player that plays for Charlton! This whole shambles has come down to the man leading the circus with the clown Hodgson absolutely messing it all up! Anyone that has watched us before the Tournament and you can go right back on the thread have been amazed with the man from the first game against Turkey. He's messed about with team selections, formations, squad selections for the tactics he wants adapt, brought unfit players and out of form players, played players out of position. The list goes on and on, look I'm not saying we would have won, quite clearly not but a better more organised manager would have got much more from this lot imo. Hodgson just kind of made it up as he goes along, he's been all over the place and that has been the brunt of the problems imo.

25. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    A yank who "supports" Newcastle talking about the EPL machine, giving us "expert" advice. Just read through his posts and he advocates using bunker-ball against Argentina. That worked well after they got smashed 4-0 at home. Klinsmann will have to go hunting around USA air bases in Germany to see if he can find any more German rejects.

Clearly just came in here to score afew cheap points. Typical behaviour from their small time fans.