Endurance training and help needed?

Discussion in 'Player' started by Enxienty, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Im on tryouts for one of the top teams in my state for my age group and i played amazing in the short keep away, and the half field, but once it came to the full field i feel like i lost all of my endurance, almost all of my willpower to run and chase etc was gone. I was wondering should i focus on sprinting for conditioning or should i start waking up and running miles at a decent pace? Since its cold weather here been working on tons of ballwork around 4-5 hours a day but definitely did not focus tremendously on fitness. Any tips?

2. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Either is better than nothing. But better still is some kind of interval training. Running fartleks are an example. But for soccer you could simply alternate periods of jogging and running. 30 seconds each for example. You will probably have to work yourself up to that, but the idea is alternating easier and harder "intervals" of movement. For someone really out of shape it could be walking and jogging.

3. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Well today went a lot better, i think the nerves made me out of breathe more then anything lmfao and also i never allowed myself to get really winded and have myself get the second breath which i should have done, but definitely going to start doing interval training regarding sprints to build stamina