Endline Supporters Section for Next Year

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by hehe, Oct 15, 2007.

1. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    North End Boyz

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Member

May 9, 2005
    I think thats a little gender bias...

I think the Northern Territory would be cool.

3. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok names will be decided soon, but we need a show of hands who is going on sunday.

also show of hands if you aint going sunday but are still interested?

4. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, the Galaxy front office is only opening sections 107 thru 115.... home sideline seats. The "ends" will not be open. However, they have opened section 138 for the Riot Squad. Thus, if you want to be at the opposite side of th stadium to maximize atmosphere, you should get in early and take over the front rows of 115.

Just trying to help.

Tommy Mack
    la riot squad

5. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm interested but won't be able to attend the charity game. I'm planning on going to the US/Sweden game, but I haven't bought tickets yet.

Personally, I really like Angel City Devils. I'd like anything with "Angel" in the title. I agree about keeping it English (I'm Salvi) because its more inclusive. Others might see the Spanish name and feel like they can't participate or that they will be the only non-Hispanic. Also, someone suggested using the word Norte, but DC already has La Norte. I'd like something original and related to LA. Thats why I like the "Angel" type names. I also wouldn't mind a 405 reference. If I think of any cool names I'll post them.

6. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of inclusiveness, I could see how Angel City Devils could give the appearance of a more rowdy/hooligan type group and that could turn some people off.

7. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is the name, and then there is where you do what you do, and both are very important to your identity.

For example, LARS has their name and people love it, but equally loved are "Sec 138" our home in the stadium, and "Lot 13" our playground outside.

"The North End" or "Sec 121" or where ever you end up in will come to have it's own revered identity and meaning over time.

Therefore I would suggest you make a name that reflects your city or your character or yourselves, not simply where you are sitting.

Just my $0.02. I sincerely wish you guys the best of luck.

8. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is good to know

i dont know how many people will show up, today is more then anything a meet and greet. we want to get organized, i know it will be tough for us to get started
    LARS is pretty darn organized from what i can see and experienced in chicago a few years ago

but the advice is appreciated also lolobynearyyolo's

9. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what kind of music you guys like, but I personally think the chorus of the song "Los Angeles is Burning" would be awesome to sing during a game.

I'd also like to hear other suggestions for LA related songs that would be easy to chant/sing if we had a group leader and maybe some big signs with words until people learned the song.

EDIT: I found this list of songs about L.A. on Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_Los_Angeles

10. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so how'd it go yesterday

11. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well i showed up and waited but i didnt see anyone, oh well

12. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to lesson in reality #1 in starting a supporters' group.

Don't give up, though. Keep trying.

Tommy Mack
    la riot squad

13. DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If I've said it once, I've said it - Well OK - at least a dozen times...

"Message boards are not a very good way to organize things."

On the other hand, message boards do have their advantages.

Try again at the start of next season.

14. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try, try again.

Definitely keep trying.

And DD is right: Message boards are not very helpful. You gotta get something going in real life to grab people's attention. Also this game was a particularly bad one, for obvious reasons.

Start planning now for opening day...

15. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message boards are good places to start recruiting but not the best way to organize. You can't really count on message boards to launch something big right away.

I remember when LARS was starting up. There was talk of forming a more Euro-style and edgier supporters group on the old Galaxy boards after MLS Cup 2001. The persons responsible made a point to have people meet up somewhere and discuss things. Some could say the seeds were laid at the 2001 Open Cup semifinal against Chicago.

A bunch of people met before the 2001 Open Cup final and discussed more things. And then on the day of, and at the instruction from the message boards, interested Galaxy fans met at some point of Titan Stadium parking lot where the persons responsible started collecting e-mail addresses to those who were interested in forming this new supporters section. These fans then took over a corner where they went crazy for the Galaxy and it appeared to be successful. After winning Open Cup 2001, there were more meetings and discussion. Next thing I knew I was getting information about getting 2002 tickets in a section specifically for LARS. The rest, as they say, is history.

The point of this story is to illustrate the time and perseverance it'll take. Don't give up. Echoing Lolonearbyyolo's post, now's the time to PM those interested, meet up somewhere and talk about organizing all this. Best of luck.

16. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thakns fellas, no we aint giving up, we will try and try until we get a small tight group

yeah our initial plan was meet somewhere else besides a game, because we felt the game was too much of a short notice, yeah message boards can be tough when i had my jeep and we went on runs (offroading) was always hard to get a group going as well
    but perseverance will get us somewhere

17. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is all so cute!

18. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I still remember TommyMack goose-stepping at that game....

good times, good times...

:D :D

19. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, "Angel City Devils" is perfect.

"Devils" doesn't necessarily imply hooliganism, just as the Riot Squad avoids violence, despite its name.

Good luck, and don't give up!

Topper

:D :D :D

20. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get 5 cents for every t-shirt sold.

21. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diego? Jay?

22. RogueFC

RogueFC New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hell A
    I suggest before picking a name, we all recall back to the playground in second or third grade and remember the way we treated kids with funny names.

I for one, expect a great deal of taunting with an amateur sounding name like Angel City Devils.

Just my opinion...

23. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just going to post that. Keep the name normal. Look at Quiet Squad for example. Just keep it North End.

24. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but I want my money! :p:p

Seriously - North End is the best, simply because it would be the most inclusive. If you guys are going for a Section-8 confederation kind of idea, its really the best. Then, as discussed before, you guys can name your 5-person sub groups whatever you want.

25. projectx

projectx New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    North End is good, but doesn't the Crew Supporters use that name?

You could add a touch of the Galaxy, North Star SC (sorry Red Star Belgrade :p [you could even steal their logo, lol])

[​IMG]