End of Year Crew Awards

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Kryptonite, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See those rules are flawed, because if I'm not allowed to post, you surely shouldn't be allowed to.

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Chelsey are you hot?

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I surely am allowed to post, if for no other reason, I'm male. Sorry sweetheart, women know nothing about football.

4. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    Oh honey could you ever be more wrong. i am sure most of us know a hell of a lot more about how the game should be played than you do! and i know i do!!!

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok this is my last thought on this whole matter, I've gotta go to work in a few.

But honestly, that is such an ignorant comment. Argh, and I've been arguing with a Crew fan about this fact, and thank you, kiddo, you just proved my point. I know a lot of you don't respect a female's opinion, and that's fine. I'll still voice it though. It's valid, and yes I do know a lot about the sport. Thanks and have a good day.

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
  7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    You're young, let me tell you how the world works:

1)Men go to football matches to get away from their women. That is why we never offer to take you.

2)You should concern yourself with other things, such as staying thin, offering sex at every available opportunity, and making sure that a healthy meal is available whenever I want one.

8. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*

Right...anyway dumbass this all comes down to one thing....
    Eric Denton Columbus Crew Defender of the Year :)
    Have a good day!

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    are you still a virgin?

10. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    Wow i could have sworn this was a soccer forum. I cannot answwer that becuase if my older brother were to view this he would not be happy, therefore Eric Denton Columbus Crew Defender of the Year....thats all i have to say.

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    This is the other problem. Girls don't see quality they just see players they think are hot. Very Unfortunate.

12. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    This clearly means that she isn't.

And secondly, you've said nothing as to my initial comment, sure Dents may be our defender of the year, fair enough, but my contention is that if Dents is our best defender, we're in a world of hurt, surely you don't include him in the top ten defenders in the league?

13. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    Top ten maybe....he is very consistant. He never makes any huge mistakes, yeah every once in a while he might mess up but everyone does that. I think The Crew are in a fine position with him being their best defender. But yes there are defenders out there that are better than him...i am not saying he is the best in the league or anything cuz i know he isnt but he is a stable defender.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hmmm. I was on board with Denton most the year, but if there was one thing he's not it's consistent.

15. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    How can you say that? Yeah he has his games where is does really good and he has his game where he does fine...but i am not sure he has ever had a bad game. Maybe for those who dont like him they can say he has had bad games but from a person who knows a lot about the game..he is very consistent.

16. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Crew and Earthquakes, this wreaks of A!mer.

On the left I'd take DuDu over Dents. I don't think he has the ability to close people down.

17. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It makes sense now. The game in spartan Denton was awful. At fault for at least 2 of the goals. But hey, at least one of your teams won right? If I was an Earthquakes fan I'd love Denton, too.

18. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    Wow what game were you watching? Did you not see him stand in the middle of the goal and do a diving header to save a goal? i dont think that can classify as awful sweetie. I am not a huge earthquakes fan but they are close to me and they are fun to watch.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Mais may have had a slide tackle that game too. But there are 90 minutes in a game, pumpkin. One play doesn't make a game.

This isn't an irational hatred towards Denton. Like I said, i was on his side most the season, but his inconsistency was too much for anyone to bear. Bottom line is Frankie was a better defender this year, and if they didn't give him one award already he would have recieved this too.

20. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    It's amazing how a non-answer can really be an answer.

21. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    This is absolutly Aimer.

22. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking of the same game as Hang is when I started reading this Denton stuff. I kept thinking, so why did the first two goals of that shafting just happen to come from the free-space that Denton didn't come back and cover after going forward. How many times during the season did people say "If only he knew when to go forward and when to stay back."

At the moment, we don't really have an option on the left. However, I certainly wouldn't cry myself to sleep if I heard Dents got replaced.

23. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    The thing i noticed about the crew is that whoever played left mid, while Denton was playing left back, would never come back on defense whether eric went forward or not. Dentons job is to play defense and make occasional runs forward and that is what he did. The Left mids job is to play offense and defense(which they NEVER did) so if Denton is doing his job but one of his teammates isnt, why should Denton be blamed?

24. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Actually the way I remember it is Denton going forward a bit and giving the ball right back to the other team acuse he couldn't make an accurate pass to save his life.

And man marking? You've got to be kidding.

25. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    I believe that he is one of the better passers on the team actually. Not only does he make smart passes but he made creative ones as well. He made passes that counted. Of course some arent going to connect but there isnt a player in the world that can hit his man every single pass. His man marking was just fine actually. He has to quickness to stay with many players in the league so i dont know where you are coming from on that one. But it seems as if we have all gotten off the topic here...i didnt mean to turn this thread into some denton thing and i apologize for that. Anyway time for me to go take my shower, but i will be sure to stand up for my opinions and that means that whenever someone posts something i totally disagree with i will be sure to say something :)