En"Vert" et contre tous!!! The St-Etienne thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Montréal United, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not surprised they are doing well along with toulouse, both teams almost made it into EL last season
    asse has no european commitments and though they do sell talent they also buy or promote them into the squad so there is quality and enough of it for the league and cup
    still dont like brandao, if they could get someone marginally better they could really go for the title though I do have to give him credit for being a handfull vs psg

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandao - he's a load for any defender to deal with.

Aubameyang is just a freak. Just a really fun player to watch.

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he's not very skillful though brandao but dangerous enough that a defender can't turn his back
    both subs were really good offensively, auba is another talented forward lille missed out

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandao is a physical presence, and very good in the air.

Aubame is a super hero. I don't care for Gradel, he's an annoying player. Hamouma - makes things happen.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think my new favorite player is Clémént. He runs all over the place, breaks up the opposing attacks, and now with flying tackles, just smart positional play and quick interventions.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought overall asse midfield did great compared to psg, gradel yeah don't care too much for him which is why I think that the greens could go farther if they had a good striker which they sold in riviere
    riviere + aubame= bam, cause they're pretty much set in GK and mid, def is good not great

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but selling Riviere and Matuidi brought in about €14 million, Brandao was free right? One more attacker in January (I'm hoping for a real left wing or Alonso takes Gradel's place.)

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    riviere was 6 mill, matuidi undisclosed probably near 6-7 range as well, if they had to sell they had to I guess, like we said before they could be much more if they would build from that

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a tough call on selling talents... if you are in a contract year (and I don't know if they were), you need to sell and get what you can. I just started following the team thanks to BEin, but they have quickly become my favorite team to watch.

10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in a slightly bigger club they would have stayed, but unfortunately asse is not which is why the whole thing is understandable i suppose, that and asse are starting to get back but are not there yet as a force
    thats great we have a bunch of psg and lyon fans but its always nice to have fans of the other mid to top clubs in the forums

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a friend who lives in SE, and that was one of the places I saw a game back in WC 98. So I guess I'm becoming a fan.

Well maybe after they get the stadium finished they can pack the house, and with the new tax rates maybe that will hurt PSG :)

Samora repped this.
  12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't lose the North (?)

no idea on the second one.

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ne perdez pas le nord is a double entendre for "don't lost track" and "don't lose (to) the north"... a "tifo" for a match against either lille or valenciennes. the front banner in that pic, fritez-les, means "rough 'em up", and the yellow things are frites, which is a specialty of the nord-pas de calais, just as for belgium.

the second image might refer to a kebab stand (baraque) that you find out front of stadiums (btw, the kebabs at GG are the worst i've ever had) but it looks like that may be pasta* they're pretending to be... envoyez la sauce would work for either.

*quelles nouilles!

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the yellow fries during the game. Funny people.

15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Eirik Birkelund is being linked Saint Etienne to add more depth which is badly needed

[​IMG]

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's only 18, 3 Tippeliga matches, Norwegian U19's... I don't expect much from him for at least a year or so.

17. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hate not having BeIn sports channel as I have cox cable here in AZ as I miss not getting to see some ASSE matches. I can't wait for the renovation to be completed- How is the progress coming??- so that awesome atmosphere can continue to overwhelm. :thumbsup:

18. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't watch it again.

I've heard he is out from 4-6 months, but more likely 8 months before he takes the field again.

20. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I'm curious to know how long Eysseric will be suspended, his tackle was really violent.

Speaking of Saint-Etienne :

Poor Ruffier :D

Aztattooedsean777 and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard most think it should be at least till the end of the season. My thought 10-12 games.

I wonder if that was Gradel groping Ruffier.

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Auteur d'une bonne saison avec Fribourg, le milieu de terrain Jonathan Schmid (22 ans, 30 matchs et 8 buts en Bundesliga cette saison) se verrait bien évoluer en Ligue 1 un jour, et plus particulièrement à l'AS Saint-Etienne.
    "Saint-Etienne, j'aimerais bien. Parce que ça me fait un peu penser à Fribourg. C'est un plus gros club mais niveau tactique, niveau discipline, ils font une énorme saison cette année. Je pense que ce club me plairait bien", a confié le Français à RMC.
    Lancé dans le grand bain de la Bundesliga lors de la saison 2010-2011, le natif de Strasbourg n'a jamais joué en France.
    [​IMG]

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretty soon we're going to have championship rings a la NFL
    nice bling though