En"Vert" et contre tous!!! The St-Etienne thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by Montréal United, Jul 26, 2006.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: En"Vert" et contre tous!!! The St-Etienne 2006-07 season thread

every time i drive by fives i think of an old brand of dog biscuits called 'rives"... they were in 5 shapes and 5 colors... probably nobody remembers 'em, not even googlable...

ach, when i was a lad...

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Toulouse: the sustained pressure for Gomis (15/06/2007)
    Often therefore announced for First League English, declared "untransferable" by its club, the attacker free-Senegalese of the ACE Saint-Etienne Bafétimbi Gomis (21 years, 18 establishments in L1 into 2006/07, 10 goals) could remain in League 1 the next season. Toulouse FC would be indeed ready to make a large financial effort to stick the services of the young striker, who made share this Wednesday of his resolution leave the ACE Saint-Etienne. Elie Baup, which appreciates much Gomis, would wish to associate it the point of the Toulouse attack to the Swede Johan Elmander. For the trainer with the cap, it would seriously act of muscler its offensive sector for the League of the Champions, while returning to the 4/4/2 which has its favours. Questioned by telephone this Friday, Bafétimbi Gomis refused with any comment... (By Patrick Juillard)

http://news.maxifoot.com

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

SAINT-ETIENNE/STATHIS TAVLARIDIS:

"the public will like me very quickly"
    Ivan BONET - Friday June 15, 2007 - 13h25

Monday, the ACE Saint-Etienne presented his first recruit: Efstathios Tavlaridis. The Greek defender arrives from Lille and engaged with the Greens for the three next seasons.

Roland Romeyer calls it the Rock. To see Efstathios Stathis Tavlaridis unloading with Club 42 Monday afternoon, one could only give reason to the copresident of the Greens. The Greek defender, who spent three years and half to Lille, is impressive. Its meter quatre-twenty-six should impose some in central defense. To recruit Tavlaridis, the Greens paid a little more than two million euros in Lille, where the player had appeared after several seasons spent to England (Arsenal, Portsmouth). At 27 years, Tavalaridis joined his/her former companions Dernis and Landrin, but also Laurent Roussey, whom he known in North. In English, it delivers his first impressions in green.

Stathis Tavlaridis, why did you choose to sign in favour of the A.S.Saint-Etienne?
    I had several offers of European clubs where I could have earned more money than in Saint-Etienne. But I chose the Greens because it is a large club. One of both or three larger of France. When I was young, in Greece, one knew only the A.S.S.E and Marseilles. When my agent spoke to me about the interest inhabitant of Saint-Etienne, I immediately thought of the 35 000 spectators of Geoffroy-Guichard.

Why?
    I had super a feeling when I came with Lille. I imagine what that must be to have this public in its favour. That must be impressive. This public points out to me what I knew in England.

Do you have a message to transmit to the supporters?
    I all will give on the ground. I play with my heart! I am certain that the public will like me very quickly. Like that of Lille.

To leave is Lille for Saint-Etienne, a progression?
    Yes. I know what this club represents. For me, the A.S.S.E is an animal which sleeps. I want to be there when it awakes. I knew the Cut of Europe with the LOSC. I knew while signing here that one would not take part in it. But I want to play the League of the champions with the Greens during the three years of my contract. I have much ambition.

Did the presence of Laurent Roussey weigh in your choice?
    Much. It is one of the reasons for which I chose to come to Saint-Etienne. I knew Laurent in Lille. I never forgot it. It is a very good coach and a person whom I like much. I respect it enormously.

Is it really different from Claude Puel?
    Yes But each coach has its personality and its character. I never had the least problem with Claude Puel. I respect my coaches. I am a professional. When Puel put to me on the bench, I did not say anything and I continued to work.

Did you call Landrin and Dernis, your former fellow-members in Lille?
    Not. It was not the sorrow. I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to leave Lille and sign in Saint-Etienne. Christophe and Geoffrey are good guy. I am happy to find them here.

Do you know which you will be associated in central defense?
    Not. I did not put the question. Me, I come to play and to be titular. I will fight each day.

At 27 years, do you still think of the Greek selection?
    Of course. But each selector makes choices. They should be respected.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/article_170778_-Le-public-m-aimera-tres-vite-.shtml

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Brazilian marcinho joins st ettiene

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Giovanni Moreno a 20 year old colombian from the 2nd division has been sent on trail with ST. ETT... currently u are maxxed out on foriegn players so if he doesnt impress guess he going to play in sweden or ur getting rid of one of ur players to keep him

link

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

no parce ese man volvio al envigado y esta en los cuadrangulares d ela B

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

why freddy guarin is not playing?

14. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Mainly because Sainte are actually a pretty deep team, while it appears the coach is trying to do a bit of squad rotation. Guarín will get his opportunities, though, I think. Only my two cents, I don't actually support or cover the club.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Mercato365 is saying Guarin and Gigliotti could depart. Atletico Madrid are interested in Guarin and Metz are on Gigliotti.

16. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

That makes sense. Gigliotti would be an automatic first teamer at Metz, and while we're at it, I don't know why we, Monaco, wouldn't go after Guarín as I'd take him over Bernardi in the heart of midfield. Besides, I'd assume he and Pino are buds?

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Gomis, Feinduono, Illan, Nillson all ahead of Gigliotti on the depth chart ?

18. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Not Nilsson, I mean Gigliotti is on the bench, while the Swede's been in the stands. Then again, I've always thought Gomis is overrated, though he proved me wrong for today, anyway (2 goals).

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Well I dont know why they needed to sign both those guys if they are hardly playing.

20. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Yes, I don't either, especially as they're not competing in Europe, though ASSE can claim to have had the best offseason of any L1 club, I believe.

Additions: Matuidi, Payet, Guarín (instead of a loan), Tavlaridis, Gigliotti, Douala, Nivaldo, Varrault

Departures: Heinz, Camara, Sablé, Ilunga, Diatta, Hognon

That is not a bad balance sheet to me.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

don't forget feindouno's going to miss some matches in january... ASSE has had problems before getting over the CAN hump, so they're trying not to be caught shorthanded this time.

22. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC

There will be a stream on France 3 website for the game between Auxerre and St-Etienne but that's restricted to Andorre, Monaco, France, French Overseas Departments and Territories.

http://video-direct.france3.fr/player.php?id=102

23. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

Although this is a 06/07 (1) one,I'll up it a bit,since I like Etienne.

Today Verts play against Brugge in Belgium...a win and they are ok to next phase.

24. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

Brugge 1 x 1 ASSE

With that,Etienne advances,since they'll be 3rd at last.

25. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

Big win Today 2-1 over Nancy.

i see Paulo Machado has scored, is he playing a decent amount and how is he performing? also most importantly did he finally lose some weight?:D