En Busca del Messi Ecuatoriano

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by SurOscura, Dec 18, 2007.

1. SurOscura

SurOscura New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    joel soto is a 12 year old kid who was trained by alfaro moreno. anyways the kid seems to have a bright future. he can kick with both legs, has great cotrol of the ball and nose for the goal. he passed a alto rendimiento exam in argetina, he is going to train in argentina for a year and later examined by Barça's minor divisions. his heroes are Messi, Ronaldhino, and Kaviedes.

Check it out...
    http://http://www.diario-extra.com/html/noticias.asp?codigo=20071205174913

http://www.cre.com.ec/Desktop.aspx?Id=170&e=105164

http://www.eluniverso.com/2007/12/05/0001/15/D442461BA892448F88E4F9769702CB9F.aspx

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeah I heard about him, i wish him well....

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read the news on this kid... damn he makes even me feel old, he's only 12... but I wish the peladito the best and hopefully see him reppin the tricolor very soon.

4. SurOscura

SurOscura New Member

Nov 11, 2007
  5. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uyyy este peladito es Guayaco... hasta mas orgullo ... viva Ecuador ... arrecho ************ !

6. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I wish him the best of luck as well... and hopefully he'll be a messi like the title says and not a freddy adu...lol

7. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I guess u didn't understand what I meant.. I never said he didn't have talent...but that people "blew him up" and made comercials with him put him on games, he was interviewed about every week, and when it came time to play in the U-17 world cup he couldn't score 2 times from the penalty spot,..HE WAS BASICLY MADE A STAR BEFORE PROVING HIMSELF AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL...THEY EVEN COMPARED HIM TO PELE...IMO ALTIDORE LOOKS LIKE A BETTER BET THAN ADU WAS AT HIS AGE...
    I hope I've expressed myself in a coherent manner...

9. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    This thread isn't about Adu but to interject, Adu scored 4 goals when he played at the U-17 Cup as a 14 year old. That was the only time he played U-17. The two penalty misses are from the U-20 cup. What's interesting is how people act like he had a bad U-20 cup in 2005. He had a better U-20 cup than Aguero or Fabregas did, but there was no great desire to see them fail. If you watched Adu in the U-20 cup from this summer, he was amazing.

Thanks cya

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    freddy adu was overrated for a long time back when he was 15, then he didnt even wind up playing for his teams for a while...a lot of people disagreed with his decision not to take up the offer of the european teams that wanted to take him back when he was 14 just because he wanted to be near his friends and family, i have never liked him since then...he lost a lot of credibility with many people

11. alianza 4 life

alianza 4 life New Member

Jul 26, 2006
    hackensack,nj
    do u guyshave any videos on this kid, every country ha a messi, lol we have the messi peruano to and he is 13 he play for bayern munchen

12. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Maybe I did get my facts wrong but either way he has yet to live up to the expectations people have of him.... and aguero and fabregas already have proven that they can play as well as people say...I hope u finaly get my point.. I'm not saying he isn't good but he was made out to be the next pele, and he's far from that... so I said "I hope he isn't an adu" MEANING HE ISN'T GETTING 'BLOWN UP' AND MADE TO BE BETTER THAN HE REALLY IS. Like LDU said 'OVERRATTED'..

13. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How about Montero, C. Noboa, A. Valencia, J. Rojas, M. Caicedo, E. Valencia, etc.?

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    None of them are "Messi's of Ecuador".

What I can say is that the closest thing to a "Messi" we have is Benitez. Less useful than Messi is in the NT.

I'm looking at the old posts on this forum and never knew about this kid Joel Soto. Wonder what happened to him?

15. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I apologize for writing in this thread. I understand what the person meant when he or she created this thread to relate this to but Ecuador has its own talent and any foreign player should not be compared to any Ecuadorian player for what he has done. Messi has done brilliant things for Barcelona in Spain but as for the Argentina National Team, he has done nothing yet. For some reason Ecuador matches well vs Argentina. At a National Team level and at a club level. So when Messi played for Argentina vs Ecuador in Quito, he did not shine, that is putting it nicely. I will look for another thread to talk about the talent in Ecuador.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    To be honest, Messi was eating Ivan Hurtado and Sombra Espinoza for breakfast when we played Argentina in Quito. The problem was (and still is), that Argentina have not found a real striker. So Messi had to do everything alone. That game could have been very different, if Tevez did not miss the penalty, because we did not play well and the 2-0 score was a bit lucky.

17. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just curious but has higuain <(don't know if that's spelled correctly :p) been called up in the past a lot? Or is it just recently that he's now being called to the nat team??

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    didn't Maradona have a mini-vendetta against Higuain because before Real, the kid played for River Plate? I think it's resolved, but that story seems familiar...

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this is true. Messi sh*tted on Ivan Hurtado and Giovanni Espinoza but he missed a few easy ones that could have changed the game in the 1st half. They've had almost the same exact problem we have had up front. But their problems may be resolved with Gonzalo Higuain. As for us, we're still looking and hoping we find one.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm pretty sure he just debuted towards the end of the qualifier that just finished.

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Manolo.... Let me clarify something. Tevez missed the penalty or Elizaga blocked the shot? Which one was it? Tell it like it is.

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Both!

23. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    hmmmmmmm. w.e happened to adu?

lmao uh ohhhh, they called you outtt manolo.