Emmanuel Sakri

Discussion in 'Africa' started by okocha1, Mar 28, 2006.

1. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Can anyone tell me more about this young striker Chelsea loaned to Westerlo from Lyn?

Thanks

2. tomaszlegg

tomaszlegg New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Torquay, UK
    Where did you hear this from? The last i heard about Emmanuel was that he is still under contract with Lyn. He went to chelsea for a trail and unsurprisingly chelsea just 'forgot' to send him back.
    Chelsea breaking rules, never thought id see that happen!!

Although if you look on the official Lyn website, the do not list either John Obi Mikel or Emmanuel Sakri in their first team!! Very strange!!

3. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh, he is still under contract? I hadn't heard of this. How good is Sakri?

4. tomaszlegg

tomaszlegg New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Torquay, UK
    As of yet I have not heard any information that say chelsea have gone along the right channels to officially sign Sakri.
    He's not listed on the Westerlo, Chelsea or Lyn websites, but one solution may be that because he (and John Obi Mikel) has reportedly gone behind Lyn's back with this Chelsea saga, then maybe they have dropped him to the reserve team, thus he would not be listed in the First Team. That is the only real conclusion i can draw from this.
    Im not sure how good Sakri is to be honest, I haven't seen him play for Lyn or Nigeria yet. He didn't represent Nigeria at the Africa U17 Championships or the World Youth Championships, so I personally have not been able to see how good he is.

5. adeyinka

adeyinka New Member

Mar 31, 2006

Point of correction, Sarki played for the Nigerian U-17, Golden Eaglets, at the Finland 2003. He played alongside Mikel, Promise, Ogbuike, Okoronkwo, Ezekiel Bala etc. He was played on the wings (right) and he looked good. But that's a long time ago & I heard he plays as a central midfielder now.

Anymore information from someone out there?

6. tomaszlegg

tomaszlegg New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Torquay, UK
    Point of correction. The Under 17 FIFA World Cup is a different tournament to both the FIFA Youth Championships and the Under 17 Africa championships. So theoretically you are not correcting me.
    You qualify for the Under 17 World Cup when your finish either first, second or third in your respective continental Under 17 Championships, in this case Africa.
    Their has been a more recent Under 17 FIFA World Cup, that was held in Peru last year, of which Nigeria did not qualify due to their failings in the Africa Under 17 Championships which were help in June of last year, but Im sure you were aware of that.
    So if you take into consideration the Africa Under 17 Championships and FIFA Youth Championships, then Sakri has seemingly not represented his country since, as you mentioned, the previous FIFA Youth Championships in Finland.

Any more information from someone out their?

7. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Re: Chidi Ogbuke

Can anyone tell me more about this young striker from Lyn Oslo? Chelsea also seem to have first option on him.

Thanks

8. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone with news on this fellow Sarki?

Thanks