Eminem attacks Bush; hip hop nation in effect, y'all

Discussion in 'Elections' started by superdave, Oct 22, 2004.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...=single1&rnd=1098414250913&has-player=unknown

You know what'd be great? It'd be great if Eminem and Michael Moore did a joint appearance after the election, and Kerry won, and they took credit for it. The shrieks from the right would be HIGHlarious.

I'm just a bit surprised, b/c Eminem has always exuded alot of that Kid Rock/Ted Nugent redneck. (Detroit in tha hiz-ouse!!!)

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow. Eminem is smarter than the average Bush supporter. He actually knows that Saddam had no connection to 9/11. Says quite a bit...

B4 ppl start cappin' on my homie Eminem, let me say that I'm surprised that he is relatively articumalate in this article. Normally, he ain't so. Having said that, Eminem's lack of articulation in formal oral speak belies his stunning talent in dramatizing large scale social ills in the fora of hip-hop. In other words, like many artists, he excels in his field (lyrics and theater [yes, theater; hip-hop incorporates many elements of theater]) yet is less adept in the interview format.

3. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD
    Every motherfuckin' vote counts

4. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Vote or die, bitches.

5. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    I can't wait to see what Tiny Tim has to say...

6. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    no.. eminem is the kid who got beat up by the DE-troit type redneck...

7. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    A political pundit, he's a great rapper.

8. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Like Howard Stern, Eminem claims to speak for a vast, disaffected army. Like Stern as well, Eminem doesn't strike me as Kerry's natural constituency. We'll see if it means anything a week from Tuesday, I guess, but it seems like there's a remarkably broad coalition of Bush-hatin' building.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    With this thread in mind, it seems in this election anyone with half a brain is Kerry's natural constituency.

10. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahahahahaha--what a wit! :rolleyes: Did you pay money for that or did you think it up all by yourself?

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think of this when I first posted, but I wonder if there's a Moore-Eminem Michigan working class connection. It's possible that Eminem saw F9/11 and was really impacted by the Marine recruiter scene.

12. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Michael Moore is hated beyond belief in Michigan. People can't stand him.

Eminem is more popular, but mostly amongst the angst-ridden youth who won't vote anyway. And I doubt Eminem likes anybody, let alone Michael Moore.

There are no UAW workers swayed by either of these guys. Ted Nugent, on the other hand, is a legend to those guys.

13. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    If there's as many mouth-breathers in Michigan as you claim, why the f*** is it going Blue?

14. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Fixed your post. :rolleyes:

15. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm sure Bush is cowering beneath his desk terrified of what Eminem will say next.

16. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    I live in Michigan, I hate Moore, but Michigan is leaning blue...

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you didn't. You changed the subject. I was talking about one particular portion of the movie. IMO one of the most powerful parts.

18. zverskiy yobar

Mar 10, 2002
    Michigan.. Like Illinois will go blue because of Urban voters.

its not that there are more of them.. just that many of the inner city poor are better utilzed by the Left then the working class are utilized by the right.

I would wager that a High percentage of your white blue collar types dont vote.. and there is little incentive in them going out to to vote.Politicians do not cater to them-even though, they are the largest demographic.No politician wants tio be labled a bigot by speaking on issues that your average white construction , or factory worker talks about in the tavern after work.There is a reason why Jesse Vebntura was sweped into power a few years back.. he was guy that got Joe Sixpack to the polls.

Neither Bush and most definitley not Kerry can do this.Both guys are looked upon as jokes by the Nascar watching,Beer drinking..hiding money from the wife for the strip club crowd.

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google "United Auto Workers."

20. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Not everyone necessarily subscribes to the theory that the interests of a white construction or factory worker are significantly different from the interests of a black construction or factory worker.

21. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You see, in Ian's Michigan, everyone hates Moore. In my Michigan, Moore may be an annoying sack of crap, but he's an annoying sack of crap with a point.

And count on their being a higher turnout this year. There are two proposals that should bring the masses out of the woodwork. Proposal 1 is probably the most confusing one. You're basically deciding whether or not you should have the right to vote for new adult gaming in your community. Proposal 2 is for a supposed ban on gay marriage with a little bit a angst for the fornicators mixed in. This one, if passed, will ban any form of civil union not between a man and a woman and excludes common law marriages. To hell with the sinners, or so it goes.

We'll see a higher than expect turnout from the NIMBYs and religious nutter-butters.

22. zverskiy yobar

Mar 10, 2002
    just curious.. how many times have you drank PBR's opr Oldstyles with midwestern white guys who drive pick ups?
    I seriously doubt you would even be welcomed into most bars I go into..

23. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just curious: what are the differences btw white blue-collar factory workers and black blue-collar factory workers, as per their daily concerns?

24. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Eminem video.

http://www.gnn.tv/videos/video.php?id=27

I thought it was pretty powerful. But I'm not exactly the target audience.

The timing is odd. One way or the other, the song and video are outdated in a week. In fact, you could argue it's already somewhat outdated, as in many states, the voting registers are closed.

25. Acombfosho

Acombfosho New Member

Sep 28, 2004