Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Colonial717, Jan 15, 2007.
Don't take it too hard; Even NASA rocket scientists have problems with these sorts of things.
no chance of that. i was just cutting and pasting.
im relieved to hear he's something other than midget sized.
From this photo he looks relatively strong. Looking forward to seeing him @ RFK next summer, and in the CCC before that.
Apparently his nickname is "Lucigol." I believe jade1mls had inquired about this in the "rumors" thread. It would be nice if he turned out like "Batigol" in his prime.
Link where he is referenced as Lucigol and also mentions two goals he scored (En Espanol)
Off Topic....What's the reason we don't all use the metric system again?
'Cause we're special. Who cares what the rest of the world does.
To quote Goff:
A youtube.com search for goal scoring videos, searching under his name finds one and only one video. I guess he does a pretty good Garfield impersonation.
So he was 23 at Olimpia... Any chance he and Jamil fight to the death for the rights to the number?
Wow! That's great that we got Luciano Emilio!!! So, I guess we have two SI's now in Gomez and Emilio...Erpen is still a youth international seeing that he's 23. Ideally, signing a left and right winger, plus a forward to back up Jaime would be great...we only have two more SI slots, so if we resign Donnet, then that leaves us with an SI and a youth international to sign to fill the other winger and backup forward roles...that is unless Jamil and the rooks will serve as backup forwards...
DC: "Jamil, he wants your number." Jamil: "No way, I fought hard for it." DC: "He gets your number or you get the boot." Jamil: "Ok"
How big of a fight is that?
As long as Jaime gets his number 9 back, I don't give a ....
178 cm is actually a bit over 5'10"
edit - nevermind, I see this was covered later in the thread. General rule of thumb. 6' is roughly 183 cm. And room temperature is 20 degrees Celcius.
just a reminder, 4 SI and 3 YI.
right, so if we resign Donnet, then we have one SI available and two YI's...or??? In the previous quote I was referring to allocating one wing role and one backup forward role to one SI and one YI. You may have thought that I believed only one YI is still available, which was not the case...
yep, I misunderstood. thx for the clarification.
Because we're insane.
Is this converted from metric?
no, they're arabic numbers...
Here are some stats (with a few holes in the data) on Luciano Emilio:
Weight: 160 lbs.
* Was property of Uniao Barbarense FC in Brazil (lower division team)
* Moved to FC Cologne in the German Bundesliga for the 1997 -1998 season - played 2 games, 0 goals.
* Stayed with FC Cologne as it was relegated to Bundesliga 2 for 1998 -1999 season - played 4 games, 0 goals.
* Moved to Alemmania Aachen in Bundesliga 2 for 1999 - 2000 season - played 24 games, 1 goal
* Moved to Real Espana (Honduras) in August 2002 and then moved to Olimpia in 2004 Apertura
* Unofficial goal totals by season in Honduras (where they play an Apertura in Fall and a Clausura in Spring. Each season is usually 18 games)
- 2002 Apertura - 11 goals
- 2003 Clausura - 10 goals (league leader)
- 2003 Apertura - 10 goals
- 2004 Clausura - 14 goals (league leader)
- 2004 Apertura - 16 goals (league leader)
- 2005 Apertura - 9 goals
- 2006 Clausura - 13 goals (league leader)
* Bottom line - Moved to Germany early in career and did not have much of a first team impact there. During his days in Honduras, he had a very high strike rate, coupled with his later years playing for a team that has played in CONCACAF Cup competitions. He continues DCU preference for getting foreign players who are not on their national team's radar screen.
This is good news. Will he be ready for the first day of practice??
I'm hoping he adds a 9 to be three times as good.
Can they finally replace the big Adu poster that is still outside RFK on East Capital with Moreno or will it be Emilio or the other great yet to be announced South American superstar?
what?? - no mullet?? - what kind of striker is he?? -
oh - wait - Its Argentinians that specialize in mullets - never mind