News: Emerging players 2021/22 World Cup year

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by The Special One, Jun 29, 2021.

1. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fabio Carvalho He going to be a hit at Liverpool he knows the league came through playing in the championship, that is one of the toughest leagues to play in.
    Fabio Vieira Might need a season to settle in we will have to wait and see.

2. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    dont know if this is the place to post this but who cares its just a question. what happened to rafa silva? is he hurt? why wasn't he on the squad for the nations league games? has he dropped off of form? let me know please just curious

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Vitinha to PSG looks almost certain. The depth in midfield is insane all of a sudden.

4. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Vitinha has everything to take yet another step in his development and progress as a dominate CM, hope he adapts well and doesn't fall victim to mirroring Neymars unprofessional training habits.

5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    how tough can that league be if Taarabt looked like Maradona in it

6. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Dont see a thread just for him. But Vitinha this weekend was absolutely balling for PSG. I knew he was good but not that good.

Chances of him starting in the world cup?

8. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He looked good but it’s hard to judge quality in that farmers league. For instance, the pressing against him is non existent as the opposing teams are so focused on defending mbappe, Messi and Neymar.

I want to see how he does in the champions league against better teams before I put any weight into his performances. I wouldn’t mind him starting the next two nations league games against Czech and Spain

9. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Andre Silva is now the third choice striker at Leipzig. Lets hope this sad excuse of a "football player" does not take up a roster position in Qatar.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    https://www.fpf.pt/pt/News/Todas-as-notícias/Notícia/news/37161

Footballer decided to give up representing the Portuguese under-21 team.

Fábio Carvalho informed the Portuguese Football Federation, through some SMS messages, that he does not intend to continue representing Portugal at the under-21 level.

This decision by the player was communicated after the squad for the preparation games against Czechia and Japan was known.

---

What is happening at the FPF? Rafa retires, now Carvalho a hugely promising young player, is refusing to go to U21s?? Does this mean he won't represent us at Senior level too?

These players need to start coming out and explaining these decisions, and if there's something rotten at the FPF then heads need to roll

11. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    That's pretty crap. He's a good player and should already have been capped at senior level. He broke into the liverpool starting lineup before he got injured.

Caldo Verde repped this.
  12. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    I'm not sure if it means he longer wants to represent Portugal, probably just isn't interested in going to the u21s anymore and would rather rest.

13. Anti Santos

Anti Santos Member

Sporting
    Portugal
    Jun 29, 2021
    Must be said if he thinks he is too good to play for the under 21's he certainly doesn't have the mindset to play for the Senior Team.

Anyway it's not unusual to see players with dual nationality changing their minds, one only has to look to Eustáquio or Manuel da Costa a couple of years ago.

Sorry but he wasn't playing as much for Liverpool to think he already deserved to be in the first team, hopefully he changes his mind.

https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=421289

Wouldn't be surprised if in the future he chooses England, anyway as a player with good potential don't want no one with this mindset playing for us.

14. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who cares that dudes is trash. Lol at being too good to play for u21

good riddance

15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He's just trying to scare the Portuguese FA into calling him into a the senior team, like Hudson-Odoi did with England.

Anti Santos repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Exactly. It's the u21 but that can't go down well with the FPF. And the FPF mentioned he did it via SMS, they didn't have to say that, which kinda tells me it didn't go down well.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rui Jorge the u21 coach said Fabio Carvalho sent him a text saying he renounced the u21 team because "it doesn't bring him any benefit".

18. Caldo Verde

Caldo Verde Member

None
    Portugal
    Feb 3, 2018
    That's what I thought. He doesn't care to play for the youth team.

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Seems like he has an ego. Bad problem to have!

20. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I get that he wants to play for a senior team, but if he shifts his allegiance to England and they ask him to rep their U21 team ... then what? Is he going to turn that down too and burn bridges everywhere?

The guy has played less than 600 total Premier League minutes over two separate seasons, but he's apparently above playing U21. This just makes me appreciate guys like Fabio Vieira even more.

21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Enrique Lameiras Called up to the u16 plays for Crystal Palace as a centre forward to

Anti Santos repped this.
  22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    18 yr old center back Diego Monteiro from Servette is set to join Leeds United

Anti Santos repped this.
  23. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Any good? Will he walk in to the starting 11?

24. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #124 prodigal_mind, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Im not sure you guys ever learn about these Portuguese youth in premier league clubs.

They all suck. Name 2 that ever worked out?

Vaz Te? Rony Lopes? Joao Carlos? TRASH. I cant even think of one youth from an epl academy that turned into a good player

money11 repped this.
  25. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    good ol vaz te! the good ol days lol. he was suppose to save us lol