Embracing Illegals

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by verybdog, Jul 13, 2005.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Companies are getting hooked on the buying power of 11 million undocumented immigrants.

Inez and Antonio Valenzuela are a marketer's dream. Young, upwardly mobile, and ready to spend on their growing family, the Los Angeles couple in many ways reflects the 42 million Hispanics in the U.S. Age 30 and 29, respectively, with two daughters, Esmeralda, 8, and Maria Luisa, 2 months, the duo puts in long hours, working 4 p.m. to 2 a.m., six days a week, at their bustling streetside taco trailer. From a small sidewalk stand less than two years ago, they built the business into a hot destination for hungry commuters. The Valenzuelas (not their real name) bring in revenue well above the U.S. household average of $43,000, making them a solidly middle-class family that any U.S. consumer-products company would love to reach.

http://biz.yahoo.com/special/illegal05_article1.html

=============

You see, business is the driving force of politics of this country.

2. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly. It is a universal thing too.
    Money(economics) will alter or supercede dogma in most instances. Many bias struggles such as religion, race, or nationality are often subsets of class struggle. Profit or fear of economic hardship usually trump other biases because they are more about real benefits or threats as opposed to the ones we make up. If everyone crossing the border drove SUVs and had platinum cards then there would be little concern for bigotry except among the most hardcore. Much of bigotry comes from economics or class and just perverts and perpetuates itself from there.

3. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    How do you propose to change that? War?

4. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on dying one of these days and then everything will be alright by me. Until then you live your life as best you can. Changing human nature is beyond me. A class war amongst poor and wealthy if won by the poor would create a society that would just degrade into class divisions eventually. If all classes are set as equal and let to go free there will be a natural division amongst people. The problems arise because these divisions unfairly compound themselves for those born into one class or another and are held down or up when the up is lesser than the down. And a false criteria develops among each class as to why they are where they are....and why THEY are where they are. And a just and unjust struggle ensues from both sides.
    All the variables to setting things right or even knowing what would be the proper rules for utopia are beyond me. Heaven is a perceived utopia, but even if it is as described I would be hard pressed to spend an eternity there.

Although perfections exist within individuals or small groups of such, they don't within society as a whole. A certain contrariness within our animal nature will always twist us away from even the best of things eventually. The tools and ideas we use to move away from one problem will be interpreted differently by those who are recipients of those fruits and they will not be vigilant against the return of the threat or they will pervert the philosophy that got them where they are into some new problem. Look at those who live in the comfort of society. They will create the silliest of problems for themselves despite having all that they need for a comfortable existence. The conflict and divisiveness is in the root of our nature.

Brainwashing is one of the ways to control things. But towards what philosophy. A vigilant habituation or indoctrination will keep people in check for a time. Even if everyone in a society is getting along and not fighting will that be perfection. Equalizing society and the subjugation of free will solve many problems, but is it better than the conflict. What is the purpose of living free from conflict. Passing the days in passivity until you die. I think sometimes we should be thankful for some of the conflicts we face because they give us a false sense of purpose and importance.

It is tough to grasp the proper balance or the absoluteness of right and wrong. Such things in my opinion are beyond the grasp of even the best of us. Out of this confusion we grasp onto belief systems that provide a simplistic confine of understanding. This creates a comfortable self delusion that exists outside of reality. The confines of the philosophy provide a sanctuary of understanding to the detriment of those truths that exist outside the philosophy.

So in a way it is a false arrogance derived from our slight ability to reason and a limited conscious of our conciousness. We are not as much as we think we are and our advanced intellect should be understood for its vast limits as much as its vast abilities. Meaning that knowing and understanding as an absolute are things that are beyond our grasp. So we are doing ourselves no good in solidifying ourselves to any absloute understanding.

So the simple answer to your question is yes. War is the answer to change the class differences. And not just because I like to see stuff blow up real good.

Top that one Damon.

5. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    First, nice write up.

But something you said made no sense to me.

Free from conflict != passivity

Sure we need some conflicts alright but not the kind of conflict getting you killed, like what's happening in Iraq.

I think your solution is not good enough.

My proposal of eliminating poverty world wide is resorting to government and law stipulating that maximum wealth owned by any individuals is capped. Any personal wealth exceeds 100 million should be returned to society.

Human beings won't progress to a higher level of dignity if all day long what they think about is money, money, money.

Every citizen should enjoy free education, health care, housing and voting right.

I hope there's new party in the future implementing my political idea.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are only allowed to be so successful then you have to what? Stop there and not ever earn any more money? Who should decide where in society it goes? To what programs? Should we spread the wealth to those who just lie around their house waiting for someone to pay their bills for them?

I would much rather see a higher tax applied to higher salaries.

Not everyone thinks that way. Who defines what a higher level of dignity is anyway?
    Yes every citizen, therefore those who are not citizens need to go back home and fix their own country, or become a complete part of our country and get their citizenship.
    You get your voting rights at 18, if you lose them, well try to remember why they were lost.
    Free education, then how do you propose we pay the teachers?
    Free Heath Care, who pays for that?
    Free Housing? That will be paid for how?
    And if all this is free, then what incentive is there for people to work? Hey why work when you get your school, house and heath care paid for? What food you say? Oh hell we already have programs to feed people. With a reduced workforce, that would mean lower taxes being paid, which means bankrupt country.
    Idealism is nice, but falters seriously when faced with reality.
    I partially agree with you, we need a new party in this country. One that is far more moderate and one that puts America first. We need to address the trade deficits, get out of Iraq sooner then later, prison reforms need to be put in place, reduce the need for oil based energy sources and transportation.

7. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I didn't offer a solution. I was uncertain of any absolute solution or even one I would consider a best solution.

Wanting something does not necessarily make it possible. How do you end poverty. Raping the wealthy and distributing it amongst the masses.
    Then what. Once that is gone where to next. Great swaths of the world have always suffered abject poverty. Even before there was vast wealth. Poverty is as much a natural position as it is a condition of society. Some poverty is created or held in place by wealth, but removing wealth will do little to solve poverty and in the end may broaden it. Also wealth or innovation are often created through ambition. Removing the wealth from the ambitious will sap their ambition and there will be less created wealth and less to lay claim to by those who can not or will not create it.

I tend to agree that a fair and equal education is an important step in a fairer society. Providing an equality of education is a fundamental to providing an equality of opportunity. It is also the best investment a society can make in itself. Health care is something I am less confident in. I can agree that ours is broken on many levels, especially in regards to the poor. Maybe it is best for a society to supply at least a basic level of universal healthcare. This is not something I have enough grasp of within myself to even give a hypothesis on. Housing I would put in the same boat. Voting is nice, but don't put too much creedence in the grandness of majority rule. The mob has its limits too. I tend to believe such things as our Bill of Rights and other guaranteed civil rights for individuals are even more important than a vote. Constant checks on power, even for a majority, are of major importance in my view.

Hypothetically, if there is no conflict worth you risking life over does this not make you vulnerable to someone like me who may be willing to kill to get what he wants. Animals will exploit weakness in nature as humans do in society. We are little different in our basic natures. I do not consider their use of power as a condemnable wrong. We tend to pervert it and through distortion justify it within ourselves. If a human will not or can not defend itself and I am in need or desire, why should I not exploit it.

I am not society, I am me. All these societal solutions involve removing individuality and plugging human beings into cogs on the gear of the greater society. While humans as individuals will still exist and will have a tendency to spin off from the whole.

I just have a firm belief that utopia exists only in death or in an abstract concept of the individual mind or within the limited expanse of its creation at the expense or manipulation of other individual concepts.

An idea of prefection is not necessarily functional in real world dynamics. Just to want something or have a vision of the better does not mean it is achievable. The constant conflict, between man and nature and man and man, seems like a permanent state to me.

8. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    ¿Ilegal, tan qué?

9. Conejito

Conejito Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Groningen, Holland
    Well, one comment, and it's about the statement you make about human nature. Thats á pretty old version of darwinism you show there, but it has evolved a bit since. Game theory shows there's all kinds of strategies (what's it called ,Tit -for-Tat, I think) that are beneficial for two organisms when they meet and try to gain as much from the other as possible. Strategies more beneficial than just killing the other. Win-win situation there. When you assume that such strategies probably evolved to being hardwired in humans, you have an explanation for humans building groups, villages and ultimately societies and institutions, instead of remaining single living cavemen. There is a basis for a bit of optimism there, I'd say, explore it.

10. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My stating of the one on one conflict was just an attempt at simplification of and idea of conflict to help understand it. It is easier to understand the dynamics of the simple and apply outward to the broad. I meant it to apply beyond simple caveman politics. I was also using it to portray an acceptable option for human interaction in complex society. And to state it as much as a decision of reason as that of basic conflict instinct. If society is confirmed as passive and someone is willing to be aggressive and they can gain more from society by their ability to move its benefits towards the few who possess power then they will. I may not want violence and may want to try for the communal benefits approach, but if that is not working and my benefits as a cog in the wheel are barely sustaining then I should as a reasonable man attempt to pursue any option that may benefit me. It may be fashionable to say we are more evolved than that, but it is also naive and foolishly arrogant to deny violence as an absolute option. Violence is viable whether it be by our nature or our reason.

I'll take that there is more than one option. To a reasoning mind there is the thought that combined skills can be more beneficial than a sort of destroy and pillage scheme. A building of a cross sectioned society is worth the investment. A cultivation rather than a hunt and gather thought process.
    But the potential for the other exists and will exist well beyond my lifetime. When individuals and groups meet the potential for conflict exists. In humans this can exist as a conflict of resources as it usually will in nature, but also as a conflict of ideas. If I can't gain from cooperation and I possess power I will gain from power. That can be instinct, but it goes beyond that and can be a reasonable decision. To destroy rather than cooperate when cooperation is less beneficial or limits my perceived potential. In humans we also use and sustain more emotion in our decisions. We also play the games of my religion is better than yours or skin color or nationality, etc. This is our evolution too. Our ability to reason is as detrimental as it is beneficial. Or at least it can be. It gives us potential for greater conflict beyond any Darwinism. Our conflicts go beyond simple natural laws. At the same time we cooperate and benefit from such we also sit within moments of the potential to destroy our existence completely. This threat is not shrinking either. While we have the potential for greater things with compounded progress, we also just came through our most violent century in human history. So as humans, by gathering and the positive growth associated with it we also put ourselves beyond any potential for destruction that exists within the simpler associations in nature. Is this evolution? Higher intelligence? I do believe we have the potential to survive these threats within ourselves against ourselves. But it will exist for millenia to come. We already can destroy ourselves in totality. Will we survive this potential destruction over the course of time it will take to evolve beyond this? And will this survival be secured through passivity or force or a combination? I may want these abstract ideals we conceive that involve the zenith of human potential, but I am not living in an ideal. I live and function in form and not abstract. I think we should work from a point of functional reality towards an ideal rather than forcing an ideal upon reality. We have to accept that there are limits to our wants and that our vision of utopia and human possibility may not be achievable and we should find what is and accept that. We should accept the potential pitfalls and not deny them because they don't fit within the concept of the ideal. Know that we are not better than that just by saying so simply because we can be better. How can we improve or work from within the flaws? The flaws will break you if they are ignored or denied. Our mark made through technology has outstripped our social growth. And I believe we are the same people from however many years ago that we think we are better than now. Now it becomes almost a desperate race of can we catch society up with the accumulated technical achievements that has far outstripped its growth and may have given it the false perception of an equal growth. We live with things that someone as early as my grandfather did not conceive yet I am the same man as he and am not removed whatsoever in reasoning ability from his understandings of the world that would be considered foolish by enlightened modern man. Our destructive and foolish uses of reason are the same now as those who burned people as witches. We shouldn't make the mistake of moving one step away from one concept of our ignorance and then immediately deny its potential to manifest itself within the same or a new form within ourselves.

My experience of man is that he exists more so within delusional denials as he does within truths. He develops tainted understandings and explanations of his place in the world. We have potential that comes with this seeming gift of reason, but we must accept that our reason and its ability to grasp and maintain an understanding of the broader truths of our existence and interactions and the implications of these interactions is not wholly understood by us. Nor is it certain that it can be. I have seen genius in man, but I have seen foolishness within these same men. A few have been able to grasp broader truths, but even the best of us has never grasped a grand depth and heigth on a macro scale. Many of those who do are ignored or their message is equated with that of fools or is perverted by fools who cannot grasp its meaning and is left distorted for those who next experience it.

Well anyway I'll take your message to be optimistic to heart and I'm sure that everything will be just fine. Whatever your concept of just fine may be. I don't necessarily see any greater importance in being optimistic or worrying much about the necessity of man's achievement of any of his concepts of perfection. I don't see a greater meaning of things so I usually don't judge man's movements, be they great or small within the conception or standards of any man be he great or small, through his world with too much importance. Best of luck to you or another in the achievement of your or his concept of the better future of mankind.

11. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    So you consider middle glass above 43 thousand?

12. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually we should embrace illegals: with handcuffs! Ship 'em back where they came from...

Our laws on immigration need to be followed... illegals make a mockery of those that follow the law on immigration and threaten national security.

13. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Any idea that they are not?

14. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    That number is from the article of the link.

15. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Money becomes meaningless when the income of individual exceeds 100 million. It has become a number. And it would no longer be related to this individual's life anymore in terms of basic needs.

Stop there and not ever earn any more money? - Yes, becaues of the above reason.

Who should decide where in society it goes? - People. People live in this society.

Should we spread the wealth to those who just lie around their house waiting for someone to pay their bills for them? - No. Society only provides basic needs. If some people satisfy with that kind of basic life, let them. Notice that capping individuals' income at 100 million doesn't mean the surplus goes to some lazy ones. The surplus belongs to government on various noble projects or reinvestments. Plus, those who just lie around their house waiting for someone to pay their bills are the victims of current education system.

I would much rather see a higher tax applied to higher salaries. - There is no way one can cheat if the max income caps at at certain amount. That's not the case today.

Free education, then how do you propose we pay the teachers? - How do you pay our teachers now? Paid for by the taxes and government money, and teachers are government employees.

Free Heath Care, who pays for that? - Paid for by the taxes and government money, doctors are government employees.

Free Housing? That will be paid for how? - Paid for by taxes and user maintenace fee. Free housing can't be transfer. The proverties belong to society.

why work when you get your school, house and heath care paid for? - that's human nature: when you are well fed and rest, you want to work, you want to work on the profession that you are the best and most capable.

With a reduced workforce, that would mean lower taxes being paid, which means bankrupt country. - with guaranteed living benefits from government, women will have babies, lots of them. Women love baby by nature. Today we don't have these, and that's why the population declines.

16. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lyndon LaRouche needs you.

17. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    You don't have to believe it, I think poverty is man-made. I don't advocate raping the wealthy and distributing it amongst the masses. No, that's too vague and simple as a solution.

Poverty is not a natural position, it's a societal condition. I agree that **mechanically** removing wealth would do little to solve poverty.

I think the solution lies in free education and guarantee of basic needs of every member of the society.

18. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    I heard about him in 2004 from some guys handing out literatures on the side walk in exchange of 5 dollars. That's about it. I am going to check him out.

19. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    This is what I found in this web site about him:

=======

All right. Now, what's the situation?

We have been presented in a book, by a certain U.S. psychiatrist, who, based on evidence in the public domain, has indicated the mental problems of President George W. Bush. George W. Bush being an idiot, in a sense, that is, incapable [audio break] ... he's a puppet primarily of Dick Cheney, but also of others.

Cheney is an evil man. As a matter of fact, Cheney has made an agreement with the Washington Post, to have an attack published on me a week from Sunday. I don't know if it'll still be published, but Cheney's behind it. It is the same Cheney, who is the key man behind the deployment of terrorist forces against Russia, through Chechnya.

But Cheney is not merely a puppet-master of the President of the United States. He is also a puppet of the British monarchy: specifically, the Blair government, including Liz Symons. He is also a puppet of his own wife, who is the smarter member of the family, who has the higher-ranking connections to the British monarchy and to the Blair government.

http://www.larouchepac.com/pages/speeches_files/040924_europe_keynote.htm

=====

He seems like a commentator/gossipist rather than a political leader. I have not read all of his stuff yet. But the above comments pretty discounted him.

20. DynamoKiev_USA

DynamoKiev_USA New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Silver Spring, MD

Just google the WashPost Sunday magazine special LaRouche is referring to.