Ellerston Article

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by defensewins, May 10, 2009.

1. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a really good story and Timmerman is a fine writer. Tina is an amazing person and she always seems to have a positive attitude whenever I've seen her or heard her in interviews.:cool:

2. bigpinkfoot

bigpinkfoot Member

Apr 5, 2009
    St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the real advantages to the league is having athletes that little girls can look up to and want to emulate. Most of the players have values and work ethic all of us can learn a thing or two from. Tina, we are pleased to have you in town.

3. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know Tina and Lori live together. I wonder if other players live together to build team camaraderie?

4. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a lot of the players are paired off, especially those from out of town, which of course is most of them. I thought I heard that a large group of them stay at one apartment complex. I know Jill Loyden and Vandenbergh always seem to be together, so I'm assuming they're roomies. Let's face it, they're not getting rich doing this, so sharing an apartment helps them cut costs.

Of course, Lori is a St. Louis girl and she knows Tina from the National Team.

5. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the same thing they do in the NHL when they are on the road. They double up so teammates can get to know each other and build a rapport among them. Except in the NHL most players make tons of money so they can buy their own mansion or mini mansion if they want.

6. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Most of the WPS players either share an apartment or stay with host famillies. Ones that i know off...
    I know Karen Carney shares with Marian Dalmy. Lindsey Tarpley shares with Megan Rapinoe. The 2 swedish players Jonsson and Ostberg share an apartment. Nikki Kryzsik and Maser share. They are all in an apartment block in Chicago.
    iN Boston, Smith & Scott share.Schmedes is with a host family. Sky Blue Averbauch and Asante share. The 2 aussies share.
    Most of the LA girls stay in a huge mansion in Beverley Hills. Marta & Frisk have their own house. Brittany Bock stays with a host family.

etc etc.... It all keeps costs down since most are from out of town & the season is only 5 months so most will go back home after the season ends.Plus yes..it is better for team relationships.