Eliminatórias 2010: Uruguai vs Brasil, 6 de Junho 2009, em Montevideo [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Latin Pride, May 30, 2009.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    old_carioca caught in Recife with the scoreboard..:D
    [​IMG]

2. uamiranda

uamiranda Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mais um palpite rubro-negro para a lista... Pra mim, 1x0 mais suado que ônibus lotado na volta do trabalho... :D

Detalhe: gol no 2o tempo de um jogador não-atacante.

3. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Here is the list:

BRASIL X PARAGUAY
    1. Old Carioca 3 X 0​
    2. Celito 1 X 1​
    3. Mengao 2 X 1 ​
    4. Kingkong1 2 X 1 ​
    5. Uamiranda 1 X 0 ​
    Let's have some Brahma Chopps tonight!!!:p

4. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, 2 x 1...in theory.

A tie is an excellent result to them and they'll play 'fechadinhos' (with what Brazil, if not inspired, has difficulties).

Let's remember however that Paraguay is in a descendant trend (at least is not so tranquil in first as before).

If Brazil is in a good day & scores early, they can get despaired & a goleada could happen, why not?...

Talent we have for that.

De sobra.;)

5. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    WoW!!! They played already????

5 gols from Pato, 4 gols from Nilmar!!!!!;)

6. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can someone point me to the Hernanes thread? ;)

7. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
  8. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Threads for Hernanes?...

Don't you think that's a bit too early for that?...

The poor guy at 22 was elevated to heights of a fuoriclassi, he himself believed in that & now is in oblivion.

Like many.

This 'oba-oba' about new players 'that should be there' is totally unjustifiable and just illudes them (and us).

Let the guy put the head (and the feet) in its place so he doesn't believe he is a Kaká yet :rolleyes: ...

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Ôpa, também quero dar o meu palpite. Acho que dá Brasil, 2 a 0 em cima deles. Os caras jogam bem, mas na nossa casa eles não vão ganhar da gente. 2 a 0 em 2001 com o Felipão lá em Porto Alegre e em 2005 deu 4 a 1 pra gente.

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Espero que a torcida Pernambucana va' gritar com todas a forcas,
    e tocar o Frevo e o Samba na arquibancada!!!

Porra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avanca Brasil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really miss the 5 x 2 scores from 1958, the 4 x 1 against Italy in 1970, but I will be happy with just a little 1 x 0 like 1993 against Uruguay, and against Peru 1958, for the WCQ...

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    We are playing well; we stomped the Uruguayans in the Centenario; we have the best defense and the best offense. And yet, another reason I am confident in a victory for us tonight is the venue.

Recife has a track record of warmly supporting our players. En route to 1994, when Carlos Alberto Parreira's team was being lynched and crucified by most of the country's media and fans, the people of Pernambuco enthusiastically received and cheered on our players when Brazil played a home qualifier in Recife. CBF and the team itself did not forget this uncommon display of carinho: the flight returning from the United States with the FIFA World Cup trophy first touched Brazilian soil in Recife.

I cannot ever imagine Recife's people booing the national team unless it were losing 10-0, which is never going to happen (we will NEVER go through what Argentines went through when Colombia visited Buenos Aires in 1993 - NEVER!).

Unlike the folks in Sao Paulo (my home city) or Rio de Janeiro, these people truly do support the national team through thick and thin. The only time I remember seeing a city outside the SP-RJ axis supporting Brazil anywhere as warmly as the pernambucanos did in 1993 was when Luis Felipe Scolari (my favorite coach right now) had his debt as NT coach in the eliminatorias, in his home state of Rio Grande do Sul. The gauchada left their Gremio, Inter, Juventude, Brasil de Pelotas, Caxias do Sul jerseys at home and united behind both Scolari, the flag, and the team. I believe that played a major role in our 2-0 win against Paraguay, at a time we were struggling mightly.

We will win tonight and our players will stand and applaud the fans who will applaud them tonight.

BRASIL, RUMO À 2010!