Eliminatórias 2010: Uruguai vs Brasil, 6 de Junho 2009, em Montevideo [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Latin Pride, May 30, 2009.

1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Elano has played well for the NT. Kleber and G. Silva should be gone. Baptista and Josue don't piss me off much but we have better players in there position.

Anyway, D. Alves performance for the NT lately does not warrent the bench and Maicon is a beast and Elano has been very good in the RM role. Best solution is one of D. ALves or Maicon play at LB.

2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Left back could be better - Kleber did not stop a cross coming in all night and generally plays too conservatively for nation brought up on Marinho Chagas, Junior and Roberto Carlos.

3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Hold on a minute...........do not forget Sao Taffarel - and Marcos was good as well! JC has been brilliant but do not start saying "all time" just yet.

4. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, He's right.
    ALL TIME !!

He's the most talented goalkeeper to ever play for Brasil and that is not an overstatement. ;)

5. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    He is in the form of his life - do not forget though that Saint Taffarel paved the way for Brazilian goleiros in Europe (so he was special as well).

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's ok, Denilson. Soon enough you will mention São Júlio among your favourite players :D

7. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I did not say he was not a favourite - I just made the comment that "all time" might be premature (and not to forget Sao Taffarel!).

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I was out all day and had someone txt me the result. The dude named each player - for a moment I thought he was lying. We hadn't defeated Uruguay on their turn in 33 years and then we do it with a rout.

As someone said earlier - this team confuses me. We can't beat Bolivia at home and then post valuable road wins - 0-3 in Chile and now a 0-4 at Uruguay that NO ONE in Brazil ever expected. This is all the more important if we remember that Brazil lost to Chile 3-0 in Santiago en route to the 2002, and 1-1 towards 2006. Vs. Uruguay, we lost 0-1 in 2001 and tied 1-1 the last time around.

With Paraguay having lost 2-0 to Chile at home (after we lost to Paraguay in Asuncion by the same score - this is turning out to be a crazy Eliminatorias)... we now stand in 1st place thanks to the goal differential. I believe we will defeat the Paraguayans at home, which will leave us in a comfortable situation.

Dunga... what the hell.

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    This must be a Brazil record for number of clean sheets held by a Brazilian keeper. One of the reasons the defense is so good is b/c of him. I can't remember the last time Julio Cesar was scored on. I also can remeber when was the last time I called for Dunga head.

Anyway, there still something missing from this team that would make it complete. It almost there though. It has slowly been improving. Hell, even G. Silva has look good ever since Melo was partnered next to him.

10. Terrain

Terrain Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Juilo Cesar... I'm speechless. Jedi in training is the only way I can describe him.

Well, while I'm happy for our win, I'm still puzzled by Dunga. Pato has easily been one of Milan's most productive players this season and yet he wasn't even a benchwarmer for this game (Falcão mentioned this). So what do we get? Josue for Robinho...

If someone, ANYONE could explain why Dunga is as antiPato as he is, I'd appreciate it.

11. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Reloading...

I’ll be obliged to repeat the conversation I entertained with that 'someone' at post https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17883578&postcount=108:
    To which I responded:
    And added:
    And right now ('even' with Gilberto Silva, Josué, etc) we are already 1st in the WCQ!...

Maybe even before the game with Paraguay (which I didn’t expect to lose to Chile) FIFA will rank us 1st.

'In spite of' Dunga, what the hell! (all the merit was Júlio César's) :rolleyes: ...

Bye-bye, Paraguay (sniff)...

PS: And Messi, huh? It looks like he was born to shine for Barça, not for the Argentinian NT...

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Let spain have the #1 ranking in FIFA stupid ranking. I want this team to be unnoticeable with no expection but failure so we can catch people we they least expect it like 2002.

13. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's true.

It'd be better to arrive to Africa underrated.

The problem is that we are not Spain: we are & will always be...Brazil.

Independently of what place in the ranking we be.

Specially in function of 1970, 1994 & 2002, when we came from frustrating performances - either in the anterior Cups or qualifiers - and still were champions.

For us there is no way out.

People will ever expect from us a high level of soccer: even if in a friendly against Venezuela.:eek:

For Dunga's despair...

F*cking Pelé, Romário & Ronaldo.:mad:

14. banok

banok Member

May 26, 2005
    Budapest
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xGeEx1Ur4"]YouTube - Uruguay - Brazil 0 - 4[/ame]

15. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    My posting yesterday in "Copa Brasil 2009" thread a couple of hours BEFORE the game!

16. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Who are those FIFA clowns? Platini? Blatter?

You and I know very well who is number ONE absolutamente in world
    ranking:

BRASIL!!!! Porra!!!

Your post should read: "After Brasil beats Paraguay" ... etc :)

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    As a side note fellas I think that in some ways the relationship between us, the fans, and the SELECAO is an unmistakable love-hate relationship. We all love our national team's colors, and of course we always want to see Brazilian soccer triumph when it faces foreign competition.

We just get frustrated, cynical, and even bitter when we see players who aren't qualified get called up, when we see corrupt "cartolas" exploiting a soccer uniform that, let's face it, is SACRED, and we get pissed off when our team loses to, or fails to beat, teams it should wipe the floor with (Bolivia at home, Venezuela friendly 2008).

But it's when we see our team kick ass, or at least pull out some truly unforgettable, heartwrenching victories, that it makes our blood bubble with joy and pride. Copa America 2004 vs the Argentines; the 3-0 drubbings against Argentina in the 2007 friendly and in the Copa America 2007 final; the 4-1 against... yes, the Argentines, in the 2005 Confeds.

Not to mention these unexpected and valuable road wins in the 2010 World Cup eliminatorias, with a 3-0 win against Chile (which is impressive because Chile looks like it's going to reach the World Cup after not making it in 2002 and 2006 - they are coached by Marcelo Bielsa, whom many Argentine fans wish was in charge after the Maradonian exploits in Bolivian heights) and the even more undreamt-of goleada EM PLENO ESTADIO CENTENARIO DE MONTEVIDEU against the one team which for many years was the one team we just couldn't beat in 90 minutes - Uruguay. Consider that until the 2007 2-1 win in Morumbi, we hadn't defeated Uruguay in regulation since the 1999 Copa America final (I'm almost certain I"m right here; someone correct me if not).

Damn it... Dunga... love & hate with the SELECAO indeed. But there's a Brazilian staff member at my gym and a very friendly and nice Uruguayan guy who works out there. The funny thing is, I was telling the Uruguayan that his team is tough and strong and he was saying Brazil was gonna win. The Brazilian guy teased him so much, saying "eh pra ele nao ficar triste demais esse sabado." I wonder what it'll be like when we all see each other this week...

18. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Na mosca.;)

19. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Only us Brazilians don't know that! :D ...
    Wait,

Paraguayan football is in a superior level nowadays in relation to Uruguay & they came from an unexpected defeat to Chile in Asunción: another defeat might send them to 5th & have their classification to the WC threatened.

While the tendency of Brazil is to relax, theirs is 'to win or win'.

It's practically live or die for them & they'll come as 'feras feridas'.

I expect a technically much more disputed game than with Uruguay (even playing at home) & if a tie happens that in thesis shouldn't be a scandal.

In thesis: cuzz everybody here who's 'in love' now with Dunga's team will start all over...'hating' it again.:rolleyes:

20. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    You are correct - I think I am getting carried away from the joy of yesterday's win - we have to be cautious about these things... :rolleyes:

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They shouldn't take Paraguay lightly over last night's results.

All 6 players that where missing from last night's game are expected to be back including Cabanas.

Won't be an easy game for either team.

22. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    [​IMG]Michael Phelps would lose this race

23. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Michael Phelps would lose this race!!:cool:

[​IMG]

24. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Should add those extremely important 6 x 2 & 2 x 0 victories over Portugal & Italy (2006 semi & world champion).

Don't let them tell you they were taken off-guard & that 'it was just a friendly'.

Games at that level are never 'friendlies' and serve as an affirmation for any team.

For Portugal, a traditional European foe (& recent WC semifinalist, displaying in its rosters 'the best player of the world' & pride of the Old Continent), a 3 x 2, 3 x 1, 2 x 1 or 1 x 0 would be acceptable - but not a 6 x 2! :eek: ...

Be sure that Portugal is still striving to qualify for a World Cup today because of that disaster.

Even the Faroe Islands of life lost respect to them.

To Italy the same thing: Robinho's demoralization of the 2006 WC winners 'best defense of the world' was catastrophic to them - have no doubts about it.

They wanted - and they wanted it bad - that victory: it would represent them being ahead of us in the head-to-head historic of our confrontations.

What gives anybody a lot of 'moral' for future competition.

If they had beaten us, from then on they'd feel entitled to look upon us from top to bottom, and some of us would feel obliged to bow to them & say 'amen' any time an Italian cleaned his throat.:cool:

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What is trully incredible is that Uruguay can still maintain a competitive national team (despite this humiliating defeat) with a population of only 3 million... 3 times smaller than Rio Grande do Sul population, the southernmost brazilian state, which has an area and geography similar to that of Uruguay.