Pre-match: ELIMINATÓRIAS, R6: Paraguai x Brasil, 06/08/2021[R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    NIce, a new generation coming up.
    -------
    Now on to Copa América. I just hope Argentina won't win. I want to see Messi failing to win any title with their senior national team...
    ------
    Apparently the Brazilian players have already reversed course and will play. My pay-per-view ended the minute the ref ended the came so I didn't see Casimiro's supposed manifesto.

2. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    So with a VPN simulating presence in Brazil, I can stream it from Globo for free?

3. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You can, and also Band for formula 1 if you like it, and BBC in the UK and so forth. Nord VPN has been great for me so far.

4. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Darn, I never thought about it. I already have a pretty good VPN, ProtonVPN but it didn't occur to me that Globo would be streaming the game for free. So I just wasted some $35 for horrible analog image, missed 25' of the game with technical difficulties, instead of watching a high-def image with narration in Portuguese? Silly me!

I guess I'll do VPN in September.

For the summer I'm all set since I do subscribe to the satellite channels that will show Copa América and UEFA Euro 2020.

Italy v. Turkey on Friday, I can't wait!

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pedro made the best case for being our number 9 this week and he wasn't even on this team.

The Olympic team will probably have Pedro and Matheus Cunha (if he's back form injury) and one or maybe even both of those are likely to get a call from Tite during the qualifiers or friendlies after March. (Pedro was called up by Tite at least once already.)

6. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well to be fair the globo stream doesn't have consistently good image. But getting VPN is still worth it for all the options, plus listening to Galvao announce is always cool and nostalgic.

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    We all have our preferences, and anything can happen in 90 minutes. Brazil will have a new roster for the tournament; I wonder if the other teams will do the same or take the same rosters from the last two WCQ matches.

I do believe that this tournament can help managers fine-tune their teams for the next rounds of WCQ.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Then unless he underperforms in Tokyo and/or has a drastic fall in production at Flamengo, I don't see how Tite can keep him out of WCQ matches at least at some point during the remainder of this qualification tournament. And even if Tite keeps him out of the team that goes to Qatar, Tite has done a great job in renewing the team, phasing some players out, bringing new blood in, all while maintaining the team very competitive. If Pedro is truly this good, he will be in the NT post-Qatar - and that's if he is indeed left out of the 2022 World Cup roster.

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Considering that Tite started Firmino today instead of Gabigol, I think he was a little hesitant to try Neymar in the middle without a hard-working number 9 who can fall back and fill that space when Neymar moves.

I'm hopeful though, considering the results of using Paquetá as a volante and the room Tite has to work with that he'll try a few more things still.

In the qualifiers Brazil has definitely shown evolution and a variety of tactical options, despite the typical complaints of them not massacring opponents and being boring to watch. As a result, we're basically qualified already.

There are up to 7 games to be played in Copa América and 12 qualifiers left to work with. After that it will be March and Brazil need to schedule friendlies against strong teams before the World Cup (which is in November this time, not June).