ELIMINATÓRIAS, R5: Brasil x Equador 6/4/21

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Jun 4, 2021.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am probably skipping it . Have at it if anyone is interested ;-)

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Gabigol was good, but was stopped twice by Dominguez and on his last play he missed one he shouldn't have. I think he'll start against Paraguay.

Richarlison scores shortly after Fred leaving for Gabriel Jesus and Neymar moving to the middle. Gabriel Jesus is so useful, pity he didn't pan out as a 9 but he certainly belongs on the squad.

Then Brazil gets a PK, not wrong but a bit soft. Dominguez saves but the ref calls it back and Neymar scores on the second try.

Five games, five wins. Let's beat Paraguay on Tuesday and then these guys can do whatever they want, especially with the President of CBF under fire for the way he handled everything and on top of that now dealing with a sexual harassment investigation.

celito repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gabigol should have rounded the keeper on that 1 v 1.

Maybe Tite quits after Tuesday.

4. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great match by Brazil. The only question I have for Tite is: Why insist on Fred?

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Guess I’m the pessimist here. Second half was ok, but first half was a weak performance. I can point fingers at Tite for a couple of things, but ultimately, everything has to become a drama when it comes to the CBF. I miss the days were I was young and internet wasn’t around to be oblivious to what the CBF was up to. Granted, we had better players back then and were more successful, but everything CBF does is a buzzkill. It makes it difficult to to really get behind the Seleção at times.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Didn't watch it - didn't watch a single match from this week. But I did listen in a bit.

Not surprised Ecuador made life hard. They've got a good team and they're in third place.

I am however reading the stuff about internal discontent. Tite better not leave. I can see why he would be upset, but the team is doing well with 5 straight WCQ wins and continuity is what we need en route to Qatar 2022. If he leaves, morale will fall, and that is not insignificant.

7. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Also, Renan Lodi for Alex Sandro and Firmino and G Jesus must be better than Gabigol.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Firmino and GJ have had plenty of chances though and haven’t convinced. GJ hasn’t played well for us since Tite first took over the team during the WCQs. He will and maybe even should give Gabigol a fair look first before giving him a short leash and putting in either of those guys.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are many people in Brazil that already want Tite out probably because of his personalityr. They are dying for Renato Gaucho to take over and are just waiting for some bad results to show up.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Gabriel Jesus did extremely well off the bench. Obviously the formation change played a part in that but he made some great passes and smart plays.

I don't think he should start against Paraguay though unless they pull Neymar back to the number 10 position, then we can have Richarlison/Gabigol/Jesus up front. Or we could start Cebolinha on the right and Richarlison on the left again and switch sides now and then and again bring on GJ for a second half impact.