Pre-match: ELIMINATÓRIAS, R2: Brasil x Venezuela, 13/10/15 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Oct 11, 2015.

?

Result?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2015.
  1. Win

100.0%
  2. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Loss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Lucas Lima played well since coming on. A lot of nice touches and passes.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He'll be in Europe in January!! If not this coming summer!!

4. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    LOL at Colombia... I hate Colombia.
    Chile remains impressive. Good game against Peru.
    Argentina, oh wow. 20+ years without a title, and now that their golden boy is going to prison for 22 months, I wonder if they will fail to qualify. That would be fun. Unlikely, but who knows? They managed to collect only one point in two rounds. They risk not having Messi for the entire duration of the qualifiers (oh wait, not that he has ever been very useful to their national team anyway).

But anyway, my concern is all the parity. A Suárez-less Uruguay still looked very good, Chile is confirming why they won the Copa América, Paraguay is no slouch, even Ecuador is looking good...

I just hope Brazil will not fail miserably. The only consolation is that Argentina might, as well.

I know, I know, too early. Most likely both Brazil and Argentina will make it, by the end.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I'm glad Willian scored and played well overall. He was getting unfair criticism before the game despite showing his best form for the NT.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not sure what Lucas Moura has to do to get significant minutes with the Seleção. There has to be some sort of explanation. First, he got neglected in call ups. Now, he barely gets on the field. Kaká and Hulk got introduced over him. I'd like to think that Dunga didn't give in to the fans who asked for Kaká.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When Miranda plays with Marquinhos, his weakness in the air became more apparent. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I never noticed a problem with aerial balls when either Thiago or DL played with him. At Atletico, he had Godin, who is a monster in the air. I haven't seen much of Inter this season to make a judgement. Yesterday's struggle with set pieces reminded me of Flamengo's this year, but to a smaller degree. Dunga needs to address this as other teams will try to expose it -- like Uruguay and Paraguay.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Could have been just a recognition to the work he did under Dungas first stint. As for Lucas I am not sure either. But is he even starting for PSG anymore ?

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Lucas is on the bench at PSG since they brought Di Maria.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, but he does start some games in their rotation. He wasn't demoted based on form, but on PSG's deep pockets.

As far as Kaká, the game wasn't put away to use that time for recognition. That's what friendlies are for.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea but you can't make excuses for him not starting. That's a Lucas moura problem, di Maria isn't a god by any means.

MerlinRM repped this.
  12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He still makes starts. It's not like he spends weeks without starting. He has 7 starts to Di Maria's 4. Cavani is also part of the rotation as well.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Di Maria was brought in there to play in the big games. When he's starting in the champions lg wake me up because he won't be. Even if a club has money they aren't buying a player just to buy a player, obviously they don't trust him at that level. Same with dunga. I'm not defending dunga putting kaka in but I'm not going to sit hear and act like Lucas moura is tearing up Europe. He's a rotational player on psg, di Maria got their late and will get the games that matter. He's better off playing every game then getting an occasional start against stade rennais. He's to young to be a rotational player, he's not 30 yet.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #139 Mengão86, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    He's on the squad that Dunga himself called, so what's the point? Kaka is MLS and washed up. How can that move be justified? Kaka was brought on to play LEFT WING until Dunga took RO off for Hulk. Then Kaka played centralized with Hulk on the wing. It's a moot point what he's being used for at PSG when Dunga is bringing him and opting for Kaka.

EDIT: On your last point, I agree; he should move to a club that will start him in the important games.

MerlinRM repped this.
  15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also, Robinho was relegated to the bench at Man City during the 2010 WCQ, but that doesn't mean he did not ball out for the NT. Unless Dunga is bringing up better options based on form, I don't see how we can criticize Lucas for not playing the big games for a team that spends recklessly, especially when he's bringing Kaka off the bench. Even when Lucas was playing all games for PSG, he wasn't getting any time for the NT.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The thing with Kaka pisses me off and it's senseless. My concern is what does Lucas Moura show in training? Is he bad enough in training that PSG says well we are good with our average rb and lbs lets go get another winger because we can't trust this guy? When I watched him play in August for PSG he looked really good so i'm pretty frustrated but I'm to the point where I think he must be rubbing people the wrong way.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aurier has been pretty good at RB. I agree with LB, but they did bring in Kurwaza from Monaco, who's supposed to be Evra's heir apparent for France.

I have no idea what's going in training at PSG. I mean, Dunga tried him in training, but still opted for Willian and didn't bring him on at all for the game. So if he gets left off the call up next time around, it would make sense that maybe he didn't impress with the NT at training.

Dunga called him over Coutinho recently. When we have Neymar back, you'll have Neymar, DC, Willian and either Hulk, Lucas or Coutinho for the remaining spot. For the CAM spot, it's Oscar and Lima. So if Dunga calls him up again over Hulk (unless Hulk continues at CF) and Coutinho, and still doesn't play him, then why the hell are we bringing him?

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guess you haven't liked what you've seen from him this season. @Catracho_Azul @Pandore -- what do you think of Aurier's season so far? He has impressed me so far.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #144 Emperor Adriano, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    yea don't like him at all. Not trying to debate PSG fans about it though. Just think if you want a Selecao place you should start for PSG. I'm not trying to get into a Quintero X James Rodrigues debate or anything like that.

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He's been spectacular so far (with the exception of the penalty he conceded against Marseille, where he still had a very good game overall). Last season was a nightmare with him; he barely played and when he did, he did not impress (except for the last bit of the season), and he had so many injuries. So far this season, he's been one of our better players (along with Thiago Silva and Cavani). Personally, I prefer to see Marquinhos in RB for the big games simply because I believe he deserves to be on the pitch and I think he's a little more sound defensively. But in terms of attack, Aurier definitely comes out on top. His crossing is excellent and he's also already scored a few goals for us this season. But if I take away my fear of Marquinhos leaving due to no playing time, then yes Aurier is of course the better RB overall (which is fair since that's not Marqui's natural position anyway). He has incredible pace, good tackling, very strong physical presence obviously... etc. He still has a lot to work on though and he needs to be more cautious or else he will be collecting quite a few yellow cards and conceding more silly penalties. That being said, he is still an absolute beast and we're really lucky to have paid so little for someone who I think will be one of the best RBs in the next few years.

Lucas is a tricky one. I personally think he has enormous potential, but I think a lot of people are getting tired of waiting for him to have his "break out" season for us. He was on fire at the beginning of last season until he got injured and he hasn't looked the same since coming back from his injury. Truthfully, I think he would do better if we had a more competent manager. There's also a lot of competition for spots on our team, with even Pastore being on the bench. I hope Lucas stays though, I still think he can and will do a lot better.

Mengão86 repped this.
  21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lucas should have never went to PSG in the first place. Same with Marquinhos.

Those types of teams( PSG, Barca, Real, etc) will not hesitate to buy a more expensive player in the same position and will have to find a way to accommodate them at the expensive of others.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was Quintero x MacNelly

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was about Quintero overall bro. This whole forum thought Quintero would be the truth, he wasn't. My whole argument is I said he wasn't comfortable in the center of the pitch, I'm not wrong. I also said James was the truth which was meant by crickets and hate plus answers like yours"I have to see more". He obviously turned that around.

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    David Luiz is out for a month and now Marquinhos will get to fill in. I hate to even say it, but chances are TS will also get injured at some point and we'll need Marquinhos to step in. He actually played quite a lot last season. He doesn't only play when our CBs are injured either. We play a lot of games each season and everyone gets rotated. I do think he should play more, but I know that he will be Silva's replacement once he leaves.

I mean, Varane is a year older than Marquinhos and his situation is not any better. ;)

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Based on what? Quintero operated in the center when he came on during the WC. He scored his goal through the center. Macnelly was at home watching. Quintero has been out of commission for basically this whole year due to injury. He was called up to the initial CA roster.

Mostly everything through the center. I don't see any signs of discomfort or coaches wouldn't be playing him there constantly.

I never said James wasn't the truth. I don't judge players on a small sample size of games (aka the WC). I didn't see almost any of him at Monaco. The last time I saw him extensively was when he was in Argentina and a handful of games at Porto. You and some others were arguing over the most complete 10 between James and Oscar.