Pre-match: ELIMINATÓRIAS, R16: Colômbia x Brasil, 09/05/17

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I think Tite might start phasing him out and put Coutinho there permanently. Willian has done well for himself this two games.

MerlinRM repped this.
  2. StrokingMonkeys

Oct 4, 2009
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'm hoping for that exactly.

If I want more defense, Casemiro and Fernandinho (though I hate his potential red card getting ways) are much better defenders and more box to box-ish than RA.

If I want more attack, Coutinho EASILY adds way more juice to the front lines. I'd even start using Giuliano in the coming games just to get him more used to the flow of this team as an offensive backup.

RA is average on both attack and defense. His spot can easily be improved with what is on the bench.

For now he doesn't bother me too much, but I can see a scenario where his weaknesses will be easily exposed. Germany looks fantastic these days, Spain is getting their groove back a bit and France are on the ups again. All 3 of those teams have a dangerous midfield that can run/pass through RA. If we keep Willian in the attack with Neymar and G.Jesus up front, that means Coutinho will be in the midfield and leaving 2 DMs around him. One for sure has to be Casemiro and the other will be Paulinho. I don't see sacrificing either for RA (again assuming we keep Willian in the attack as a starter)

If Coutinho starts instead of Willian, than we have 3 spots in the mid... Again for sure Casemiro and Paulinho will be there. Do we want RA there for defense? Gimme Fernandinho. Do we want RA for attack? Put Willian back on the field please.

In either lineups, RA SHOULD NOT be a starter. Not even sure he should be on the bench by 2018 honestly. But hey, he might score another "rare" gol and save his spot for another battle. He survived this long by doing just that ;-)

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Estou de luto. Tite voce era perfeito, nao é mais.

Scrappy game. Nice goal from Willian indeed.

Neymar can dribble so good but at the same time irritate the heck out of me. Had a great chance in the 2nd half and completely mis-trapped a great pass to him in the box after a good buildup.

I am going to go @Guigs way here about RA, he may not be showing up on offense, but what he does off the ball by filling space and composing shape may be important. :ROFLMAO:

Mengão86 repped this.
  4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You are good man.
    Any predictions on what stock to buy now?

omajac repped this.
  5. Miguel Nunes

Miguel Nunes New Member

belenenses
    Portugal
    Sep 6, 2017
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Miguel Nunes

Miguel Nunes New Member

belenenses
    Portugal
    Sep 6, 2017
    watch the video. Compare Dani e Luís positioning with where they start in the clubs! Here they are side by side with the center backs! in Europe they are in the other half of the pitch... just see the video...

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's one game. And Marcelo on the left plays differently than Luis. Having said that, they both have scored a goal in WCQ and Alves is often up front giving passes and providing crosses.

9. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Way off. He used the Colombia game but not the 8 games prior.