ELIMINATÓRIAS, R12: Brasil x Uruguai, 10/14/2021

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Oct 14, 2021.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite is gonna have a bit of a headache choosing which forwards to bring. I also wonder how Pedro would fit in this team. He brings something different but it looks like it will be tough for him to get a call.

I think Tite really does like Richarlison. He also likes G. Jesus but he may be odd man out next year unless he makes a big turn around. The one thing Jesus he has going for him is that he worked well in 16-17 when the system was working. But as a winger, Jesus is a big no IMO. I don't want to see that. Firmino may be losing his spot too.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil’s best performance in a long time.
    Rafinha definitely a starter , and MOM together with NEYMAR.
    Fred surprisingly good adding speed and dimension to the team. As a Flamenguista hate to say it, but Gerson out.
    GJ out, he’s run his course.
    Cut Gabigol some slack. If he finds his place, he will explode in scoring, which he has been doing com meu querido Mengao for years.
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!!

3. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Only because Uruguay's goalie performed some miraculous saves. Get a slightly less good goalie there and this game ends 8-1.

Extremely convincing win by Brazil tonight. They served this warning to the soccer world: "We're coming for you in Qatar. We'll be very strong title contenders."

Neymar and Raphinha, unbelievable.

This is the Brazil we all love to root for.

IVO ! repped this.
  4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    A dramatic goleada as you say would not have been unrealistic.

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    About Pedro: A lot of people assume he has no shot since he is behind Gabigol at Flamengo. I think that because Tite called him up once and he was a huge performer in pre-olympic matches, he does have a tiny chance. I would be ok with him being called up in Jan/March.

Gabriel Jesus: He was a great winger in the 4-3-3 we played before, especially in 2019, but if we ever play a 4-3-3 now it has to be Raphinha on the right.

For now he is playing as one of the two forwards, along with Neymar. Like you, I think he will lose that spot eventually.

I think Richarlison might be the one tested in the forward line next time, alongside Neymar.

Estuardo A. Lopez repped this.
  6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Good points - as always.

The next round, in November, will go back to a two-match round. We host Colombia in Arena Corinthians and then play at Argentina. Tite will yet again have a lot to think about - a great performance, new & young players who have performed at a high level while facing 1) a tough team who needs points and who won't forget it "lost" 3 points due to a refereeing decision at the end of the game and then, 2) the runner-up of the WCQ tournament who also happens to be a historic rival and also a team who isn't going to forget what happened in Brazil in September.

I see Tite being "experimental" when hosting Colombia to then take lessons and apply them in the match in San Juan. It'll be an interesting conclusion to Brazil's 2021 season.

7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One thing to consider for the Colombia match is how many yellow cards we have. Casemiro, Fabinho, Bruno Guimarães (if called). I expect we'll get 3 d-mids in the call-up to protect us against the possibility one of them is not available for the Argentina game.

8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Richarlison will definitely return as a forward. He’s always been a favorite of TITE, and I have no problem with that.
    Would love to see more minutes from Pedro, a masterful player who’s a joy to watch.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The problem I see with Pedro coming up is that we may run out of games/time for him to be tested. We have 6 WCQ games left and if he doesn't get called up next round, it will be only 3 left. But we'll see.

Ombak repped this.
  10. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Neymar! What a great player. Maybe the best in the world at the moment.
    I don't know why he gets so much hate, especially some in the Brazil press. It must be envy.

11. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WORD.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Some of it from the media is politically based (Casagrande, Kfouri, UOL in general).

Other is a general dislike for his behavior and attitude on the field over the years. He does have a bit of a self control / anger problem. Some people like that, some don't. I personally don't like how he makes a meal out of almost every single foul and how it looks like he is constantly trying to pick fights with players on the field. It has cost us in the past (CA 15 for example).

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The way I see Neymar is as someone who has never been allowed to have his own life. I'm not even talking about the media pressure today, but before that, the expectation placed on him at Santos and the relationship with his father.

The whole "Menino Ney" vs. "Adulto Ney" duality is a result of that relationship. He's a kid who never grew up, a Peter Pan, but it's not necessarily by choice even. Someone else runs a good part of his life.

He's a brilliant player, no doubt, but he's also not been allowed to develop emotionally.

14. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Very true and very sad. In a sense, a wasted talent.