Election Day Smack Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Elections' started by dreamer, Nov 2, 2004.

1. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Why is the media saying it's close when every one knows Bush will win easily?

Ah, ratings. :)

And if my prediction proves wrong................... Drinks on me. Just show you BigSoccer ID card at the door and drop the name "Dreamer." The Irish pub at 30th and 2nd. :)

2. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Now, this might get shut down like an Amish speakeasy, and I won't argue if it does.

The rest of the board should be for analysis such as "Hm, I certainly didn't see Massacusetts going for Bush. I assume the photos of John Kerry French-kissing Derek Jeter hurt him in the suburbs." But I think there should be a thread specifically for takes that aren't any more intelligent than "SCOREBOARD, BITCH!"

I see this as more for when the polls are closed, and states start being called - "Boo, ya! DELAWARE'S COMING HOME, BABY!" - that sort of thing. But, since the crowing has already started, I'll get this thread rolling.

In the immortal words of Tom Tomorrow, George Bush is a wanker. Kerry's going to win, and win big. I cannot WAIT for Bush's concession speech.

Bring it on.

3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I had your confidence in Bush's demise.

4. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it doesn't come today (which I think it will), it will come during the impeachment trial of 2007. One way or another, he's going to take it hard.

Kerry over 300, baby.

5. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll quote myself from August

"Kerry in a landslide!"

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bush's Concession Speech:

"John, wull, it looks like you wun this one. Cheney's tellin' ma to sack up and conceed, but Rove's sayin' were gonner sue yer liberal surrender monkey supporting ass into nothin'ness...*snicker*...ok Dick didn't tell me to conceed. But I had you goin' thar for uh secund, didn't I. They don't...uh...know I'ma doin' dis thing, but I got tired of sittin' at the kiddy table so I decided to do thas on muh own. You win, I'm conceeded."

7. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot the part where he downs a bottle of 15 year old single malt on stage

8. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And pulls a Caminiti and takes a straw ouuta his pocket and snorts 3 grams of blow off of The First Mannequin's nips...

9. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hold your breath Loney...

10. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to metroflip73 again."

Man, Your mind works in magical ways

11. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1AM: Kerry wins
    1:01AM: Cheney shoots Bush in the head, declares martial law
    1:02AM: Pentagon officially becomes a subsidiary of Halliburton

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1:03AM: Halliburton officially changes name back to British East India Company

13. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kerry, Bitches!

Oh John, btw, it's not I LIKE you, mother********er. You win, I'm dead upside your head on Day Two, letting you know you have the mandate of Grady Little, and there's MAD work to do. Punk.

14. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    Greatest. Line. Ever! :D

Bush wins popular vote....who wins the ECV is anyone's guess at this point...

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Re: Why is the media saying it's close when every one knows Bush will win easily?

And it does increase voter turnout too. The media is increasingly an active participant in politics and no longer just an objective observer and reporter.

Bush is leading for now.
    http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/politics/10059524.htm?1c

But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day anyway. With the media now temporarily on his side or maybe I should say not deadly against him for now, Bush will win by a landslide.

The media has long given up this fight and had its sight set on 2008, ever since they decided to boo down the anti-war Howard Dean, almost overnight.

16. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Why is the media saying it's close when every one knows Bush will win easily?

Are you insane? Do you not understand polling, statistics, and historical trends?

The odds of Bush winning this one going away is astronomically small, since the candidates are statistically tied going into today and late undecideds trend towards breaking for the challenger.

Besides, how can you state the media is liberal (clearly your thesis) and trying to manipulate the election for Kerry (claiming he's close, "trying" to drive up turnout), while at the same time claiming they shot down Dean (they did) months ago and already decided to support Hillary in 2008 (your thesis from another thread of yours), thus throwing in the towel on 2004?

*head explodes*

17. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ding dong, the witch is dead...

18. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Did I even use the word "liberal" or the word "conservative?" All I said was "the media."

Is liberal or conservative still the only or even a valid way to classify things nowadays? Can I even ask a few questions nowadays without fear of shrapnels from exploding heads? :)

It's all noice. See through it please. Bush will win by a landslide.

19. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some cross-posting: Fuckin' National Review is reporting Kerry up four in Ohio. OH is goin' blue, people, and Ian is crapping himself as he reads this.

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One good thing about being a conservative. If President Bush wins, all the liberals will move to Canada and France. If Senator Kerry wins, we don't even need to bother move, because the US will become Canada and France.

21. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Regime Is Dead.

Read the election polls thread.

Rumsfeld -- gone.
    Darth Vader -- gone.
    The Wolfohowitzer -- gone.
    Condi The Panderer -- gone.
    And most importantly, The Boy King -- gone, dead, buried.

22. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    So you're voting for Kerry, right? :D

23. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines

See, this belongs in the Smack thread.

Because it's Stoopid. With two o's.

24. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Pardon me. But spelling is never my forte. :)

25. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    I'm going to Tivo bush's concession speech tonight and keep it to watch on bad days