El Salvador vrs Costa Rica, August 20th. [R]

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by FenoFutbol, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    Re: El Salvador vrs Costa Rica, August 20th.

dude we just changed coaches. ask mexico why they didnt beat honduras by three more and they'll tell you the same thing culero.

2. worldsoccer217

worldsoccer217 New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good game. Horrible ref. It shows how the Mexican refs come down to CA and just show cards to their hearts content trying to get the teams in trouble. Both penalties were questionable, I promise you if the Mexican or US defense makes those fouls neither team gets the call.

Neither CR nor ES should have any trouble getting to the next round. As a follower of CR soccer I'm kind of glad Saborio won't play; the guy just sucks with the NT, and I'm starting to worry about Ruiz who seems to go down in international games; hopefully this is the result of a new system (although I did see it in MEdford's last games too).

For my friends from ES you guys need someone else to come with Quintanilla since I promise you when you play Haiti and Surinam those guys are going to tee off on him and kick him until he can't get up, specially when you play on their turf.

Still, good game, and from the look of things it will be CR and ES next round from CA because Guatemala is really screwed having lost at home and Honduras, as good as they are, they are in a tough group.

3. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR

What I saw of the game is that El Salvador has improved a lot in defending, since we couldn't create many chances, they did their job defending well and trying to counter, but Quintanilla choked when he had to kill.

As for CR, we're still a shaky team, but I'm confident that with more time we'll get better. The good thing is we got the 3 points, no matter how, starting with a win is crucial.

4. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

is there any word worse then choked cuz that was beyond lame, he knows how to take PK's and he comes out with that soft touch with his left foot to his left. yeah cheyo cuz that wouldnt be the most predictable shot :rolleyes:

CR pk' that is how you take one, fast and unreachable

5. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo how much did you costa ricans pay cheyo?

6. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

all i can say is El Ealvador 3 costa rica 0 in el cuzcatlan.

EN MI CASA MANDO YO :cool:

CR should be worry bc uall suck, winning at home with a penalty kick isnt gerarquia.

QUIEN DIJO MIEDO? ES CONDEMAN PAPA :cool:

7. GUANACO1

GUANACO1 Member

May 18, 2007
    Los Angeles

SO you do admit that costa rica didnt play well ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

i admit it too, we didnt play well, we had a horrible game withour clear scoring chances

a few personal thoughts...

Saborio has finally learned to kick with his left foot...
    Cheyo should take some PK lessons from saborio....
    ES goalie is really good... its a shame that he lost several minutes on the first half, he would have gotten my respect and admiration if he hadnt done that... can i call him a wussie:D?
    I didnt see any marero... i went to party after the game and i didnt see any salvadoreño either... where the hell did they go? and why they didnt stay partying like the yanks or mexicans when they come down here
    I gave 0% possibilities to Ricardo Gonzales to stop that PK.. i am still surprised... but i want Keylor instead of him

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Feno, for some reason you remind me one special kid that was on my classroom on my elementary school years

10. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Then im assuming los dos son retardos verdad, special ed classes huh? :p

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

yes, assume it man... wow you are really clever big boy

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Cristian Bolaños: are you willing to get a yellow card man? I mean, do you really want it? cause you are about to get one dude

13. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

you mean the kid that all the little girls would fight for and even cry for him, yep thats me ;)

14. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR

Don't be so sure, you won't be able to sit back at home and at that time we will be already qualified, plus Kenton will have more time to pack his team.

15. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR

Grande El Gallo. Gallo viejo con el ala mata.

16. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

arooo

17. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

lol:rolleyes:

18. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

It was a scrappy performance by both teams, the game was sort of equal. I think we will get our 3 points vs the Ticos at home. Tbh, i think CR and ES will advance pretty easy. Good luck ticos! Good game boys.

19. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre

Blah, no tico can be happy with the way la sele played. I agree a win is a win, but that game was awful. I don't mean any disrespect, but the team we beat is fairly limited, Honduras, US or Mexico would have been a very different story.
    Anyway, I hope it really is because the players haven't had a chance to adapt to the new coach and system and all that. Because if this is the best we can offer, we won't get far. Sure, we'll be in the hex because the group is weak, but what then?

20. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

If you start thinking like that your team won't get far. Surinam and Haiti can't be taken lightly, if you think CR name will take them far you will be mistaken. Last night was a overall bad performance for both teams, we almost came out with all 3 points. But CR showed that experience.

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    OK, first off, we should have played more friendlies so the players could adapt to both each other and Kenton, we didn´t. Second, our strikers had a (surprisingly) hard time with the Salvadorean defense. It´s much improved(as is the team as a whole) but it will be much more difficult against Marquez, Salcido, Onyewu, etc.

We missed several easy chances any decent striker should have put away(Alpizar´s in particular stands out,) though Monte deserves some credit for being solid. We, very clearly, are missing a big star finisher(like Medford and Wanchope in the past.) Gonzales did ok in goal but really wasn´t tested much(the way the US, Mexico, Canada and Honduras likely will hammer him.)

No offense to anyone but Kenton seems to share Medford´s obsession with Saprissa players, I think with a full squad we can perform better; and much as I hate to admit it, right now I´ll be happy for a draw in the Cuzcatlan, as least while Kenton gets things in order. I haven´t seen much of Haiti recently but don´t have any reason to think they´ll be any easier. We can do it if we tighten up.

22. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    The one thing I noticed from the Costa Rican squad in this match is that Segares is irreplaceable. That guy is a rock solid defender. I remember El Salvador stopped playing on Segares' side after a while, almost as if they didn't want to run into him anymore.

23. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    big boys know the game better. thats my boy tono here.

our defense is the s... i havent feel so confident on our defense sin a long long time even when we had zanabria, trigueros, carcamo, catalnica, and el papo we didnt look this solid on defense.

our defesensive boys are that good, not just on d but also in the middle, plus montez is a giant! montez is even more cocky than alfaro and garcia back in the days.

if we can get rudy or bentos comes in strong, and we finish a few chances we're in business. remember that good defense win champions and the warriors we have in the back are all heavy hitters. you saw what anaya did to panama? he is a defender and he isnt a left footer! pacheco sometimes is slow but he is got a basuka in his left too, gonzalez, sanchez, and salazar are all tough guys. you should seen guevara, one of the big boys for aguila that dude is strong as f... and pretty soon he is coming to la selecta too.

good points tono.

we will see what happends next, all i can tell you about cr is that uall are getting old, how is centeno? isnt he like 40? lol.

good luck the rest of the games man, hoping to c uall in the next round.

24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    When are you going to understand that Bentos is not gonna play for us. He wants a house dude, were not gonna give it to him. Give up on him, it's a dead hope.

25. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles
    EL SALVADOR is full off panachas...they need to kick sum azz.