El Salvador vrs Costa Rica, August 20th. [R]

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by FenoFutbol, Jul 30, 2008.

1. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Re: El Salvador vrs Costa Rica, August 20th.

www.justin.tv/firpotv1

Cheyo doesn't suck, shut up dude. Look at what he does, he will redeem himself. Win or lose arriba la selecta!

2. Andy530

Andy530 New Member

Aug 18, 2008

someone else posted....http://www.rojadirecta.org/

its ok

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

HAHA :D

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Cuando juegan en casa, siempre tienes que ganar; controlando el partido no sirve para nada si no sale resultos. Los Salvadoreños estan aguantando bien, el portero no esta mal. Todavia no entiendo como alguien puede fallar un penal cuando patean tan cerca del arco(que esta tan grande:D)

Espero mas en el segundo tiempo. Vamos:mad:

5. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

pooooooooooota..... penal para CR.... (sigh)

6. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Y ahi esta la diferencia. Poota man...

7. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

It's not that bad of a result. Cheyo blew 2 chances. This game could of been different. Still not bad, we got the ticos at home!

8. Scientific-Guanaco

Jul 28, 2008
    Houston, TX

The score was 1-0 right? Both squads played a good game.

9. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Still going on right?

In any event, like I said in one of these threads. Losing to the best team in the group 0-1 would be a good result for us. Specially knowing that we blew a chance to scape with a win or at least a draw. Tuvimos "aguante" and thank God for Montes man. He saved our asses today, a lot.

I hope that PK doesn't haunt Cheyo in the rest of the qualifiers.

Aguante Pulgarcito, en 5 partidos sacamos la calificacion a la siguiente ronda. ;)

10. spanishfan1

spanishfan1 New Member

Jun 25, 2004

Ok fine... Cheyo doesn't suck, his good. But he still blew a few chances!!! I just really wanted a win. after they scored a goal, El Salvador starts to actually play...Salvadorenos lol!!! 1-0 in San jose, not that bad, we almost had them. We gota take both games from surniame and haiti...then costa en el cusca!!! I still wanted a win!!!

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Yeah, after they scored the penalty i was hoping for the draw or maybe a late surge for the win. But that's football. I'd like to see the replay of Rudy's goal that was called offside though. It was really close.

As for the players, i think everyone did okay. Cheyo, by his standards had an average/below par game, but everyone else seemed to do there job. Although i'm lossing a bit of faith in Sanchez as he seems to give the ball away to much. Defensively he does an ok job, but on the attack it seems that his passing has let him down in the past few games.

Hopefully Rudy's injury is not to bad, as we look to make a lot more chances when he's on the field.

Next up we got Haiti at home, hopefully we can hold strong for that game and the fans can come in and give the team there full support.

12. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles

the game was a close one.. but still was a loss...so we lost period....that mexican ref keeps calling penalty shots in el salvador's favor hmmm?

13. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

Maybe not a good display from our players...but not a bad result especially since only having 10 days together with a new coach and players like Ruiz, Saborio, Ledezma, Diaz, and Segares 2 days together before the match (and not having Gabriel Badilla since he hasn't been playing lately). Lets not forget other players like Roy Miller, Roy Myrie, Randall Azofeifa, Carlos Hernandez, Pupy Lopez, Randall Brenes, Oscar Rojas, Andy Herron, Cristian Bolanos, and hopefully Kurt Morsink who play abroad who weren't loaned or called up because of the FIFA 48 hour rule.

A good result because we played a good team like El Salvador who has had an important process in the last couple of years...and they played 3 matches against good teams in the last month. We just need to keep on working and hopefully have most of our best players together so we can form a competitive squad for the HEX!

14. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

the only explanation i have is that there should be a tica involved in this. she prob told cheyo "you score and you dont get this anymore" :D

not too bad, cr possesed the ball more but they never played "great" soccer, not as a team and nothing individually.

our future is brilliant with reyes, bentos and alvarez coming up :cool::eek:

QUE VIVA EL SALVADOR!

15. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

Damn these qualifiers are going to be very tough. Watching Honduras vs Mexico, USA vs Guatemala, and Costa Rica vs El Salvador...and not to mention the 2 draws Jamaica and Surinam earned away from home....no team will have it easy to make it to the HEX and then to the World Cup.

Good Game Hermanos! :cool:

16. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

HAHAHA :D

17. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles

what the hell you talking about???? a tica?? please let's be hombres and take the lost period...costa rica has my hats off to them...they played a better game.

18. truesoccerfan

truesoccerfan New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    los angeles

hey the quote goes to FENOFUTBOL....bentos y alvarez what do you mean son???

19. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

CR congrats, you guys won fair and square. I wish the ref let the game flow more, it would of been more entertaining. IF Cheyo was on his game this could of been a different result. 2 clear opportunities down the shitter.
    Brilliant game by El Mudo Montes.
    CR seemed more relaxed on the pitch, they played a better game. Even though we played a good game too, pretty positive showing. Like cuscatleco said the Corrales goal that was called offside is very debatable! I really wish Chamba didn't play, still dissapoints me. Oscar Jimenez should of played aswell.

20. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

dude enough with Bentos he's old and doesn't play like he use to, not saying he's bad but he not as good as he use to be, plus he's getting old, i rather see barroche but they both will most likely not play for El Salvador and Alvarez i hope he does come to El Salvador and play for us.

21. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

vale verga el cheyo, pacheco should have taken that penalty but oh well we did good

22. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Well what cant i say.... hats off to the ticos gana el que los mete, great game maes :). This game could of gone either way. Cheyo wow how could you miss 2 clear goals. The kid is zurdo and guess what he decides to throw it to his left. That pk wasnt for him, someone else should of taken it maybe Pacheco, you think CR didnt study Cheyo?, I was so dissapointed he had the chance to redeemed himself 3 times but just flaked out (the penalty, el rebote and the one play a pass from Zelaya) wow que pase de Zelaya se la dio en la mera boca..:eek: 2nd half was all ES, i kept telling everybody if ES would of played the 1st half the way they did the in the 2nd half than the game would of been ours no questions asked... Montes como me recuerda del Carlos Rivera que voladas lo mejor de ES en este juego...I dunno that CR PK wasnt a PK, it looked like the ref felt pressured to also called a pk in favor of CR to leave any doubts out of the window... i gotta see the game again there were to many offsides called against us, a goal that was not counted. Sanchez had an ok game defensively but offensively he didnt have much to offer he failed back there in the passing game, we need someone back there who can lower the ball run with it or keep it look around and pass, first half i saw to many pelotazos from back there. 2nd half DLC switched that up they actually passed the ball around more & ES had a better game offensively speaking, Pacheco had an ok game but i just keep thinking hes to slow, saw to many ticos running by his area. This game showed us that CR is not what it use to be, we have a great chance of beating them in el Cusca. Hopefully by then we have the Alvarez situation sorted out, because we really need him....maybe we can Barroches to join the boat.

23. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

i agree pacheco should have took it cause most of the costa ricans already know how good cheyo is with his PK

24. salviGalaxy

salviGalaxy New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    here
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

montes was amazing that first saved was just plain awesome

25. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I notice Montes really good durring away games but when it comes to home games Gomez is better. But damn...Montes was truely amazing out there, even when he was injured he still kept on going and was stilling stop those balls from going into goal like crazy. :)