El Salvador U21's - Road to Central American and Caribbean Games 2014 (Mexico)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Post all U21 national team related information here.

2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Think I got everything from that board here

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mauricio Alfaro, técnico de la Sub 21, afirma que se han puesto como objetivo llegar al menos a semifinales en los Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe, en Veracruz...

Link: La meta es llegar a semis

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    This is one of the reasons why i like this kid, he's got heart and determination. The other being that he was part of the US U14/15 and then decided to make the switch early to us due to us being his first preference.

He's been trying to break into our juniors for years - since the U17's four years ago - and every time he's failed to make the cut. But here he is again, trying to make the dream come true.

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    La Trucha repped this.
  7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Cuna friendlies have been moved to the 6th and 8th of October

Also, Alianza is not letting Olivier Ayala or Kevin Mendoza attend the camps/games. Say they're too important for the game vs Metapan

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Salvador vs Cuba (Sub21): Caravantes; Tamacas, Cuéllar, Domínguez, Lemus; Gómez, Landaverde, Lizama, Hernández, Coca; Martínez. #Amistoso

9. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #Sub21 | FINAL: El Salvador 1-2 Cuba #Amistoso. Á. Hernández y Y. Lahera anotaron por los cubanos; Brayan Pérez descontó por El Salvador.

mavericks67 repped this.
  10. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Considering we only got the full team together yesterday morning, and the starting eleven was a mix of U20 and U21's who hadn't played together the final scoreline is not as bad as it would seem.

Also should be noted that this is also the same Cuban side that made the World Cup last year along side us and they are also preparing for the Central American and Caribbean Games in November. Their squad also includes the three players aged over 21 which they will take to that tournament.

11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah that Cuban team was pretty good during quals so not surprised. I would rather take the loss now so Tuco can make the adjustments because this was basically he was testing out some of the bench players as evident by Orellana and Olivier not starting.

But sadly this kind of shows how Tuco has been having a difficult time with preparing for the competition due to the clubs not releasing some players.

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  13. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Final El Salvador 1-1 Cuba [ Amistoso Sub 21 ] Por el cobjunto local marco Bryan Pérez, por la visita lo hizó Yaudel Lahera.

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I can't help but see how ignorant people are about this Cuban side especially how quickly they forget that the last U20 side struggled with them in the 3rd place match.

15. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I understand the frustration in place though. Many if our players are playing in our first division, and it feels like if the Cubans can tie/beat us, our football is really in a bad Place (or that's how I feel anyways)

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Eeh... The thing is this Cuban team has probably been playing together for a while so they already have a good deal of experience together. Now look at our guys who haven't had adequate time together due to clubs not wanting to release them and this is the result, do I believe our guys are the better team? Why yes I do but any team is going to struggle if you aren't given the time to gel.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    True, and while it at does have something to do with it, I felt 2 ties would've been a result we can work with. A loss in the first game was more our players thinking 'it's just Cuba.'

18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Grupos de fútbol para Veracruz 2014. El Salvador, en el grupo A @LPGdeportes http://t.co/7vrWVeCcvd

Group A: México, ES, La H, Jamaica
    Group B: CR, Haiti, Cuba, Venezuela

What do u guys think? Can we advance?

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mexico is the clear favorite, but based on past results i'd say we are first choice for #2. Obviously there will be new players/coach for Honduras - as there will for us - but this is the same cycle that failed to make the final Championship round last year after being eliminated by Nicaragua in the Central American qualifiers. As for Jamaica, they are always tough for us to get by, but if Tuco can get the guys working well together then we should have a good shot against them. I think we can get through.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I wanna say we'll go 1-1-1 for this tourney. U think that'll be enough to get us through?

21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Mauricio Alfaro, definió a los convocados de #MiSelectaSub21 para la gira y amistosos que realizarán en EE.UU. http://t.co/SEAt5YXZ95

22. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The kids get here in Dallas Thursday at 2:00 PM and have training that same day at 5:00 pm at QT park. Any idea why Tuco fails to include Romel Mejia in his plans?

23. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    We know those two have history and well Rommel hasn't really been a standout at Dragon this season and has also seemingly failed to impress when called up to senior national team camps. While on the other hand Perez and Landaverde recently did well with the U20's so...

24. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
  25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Is there any lineups for the 2 games against the 2 LMF teams?