El Salvador National Team//Rumbo Al Mundial

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by R9Kevinr9, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    In my opinion, Castillo is to good to play in the MLS. If anything, he should be aiming to play somewhere in Europe or i'd even be happy to see him somewhere in South America (Preferably Argentina or Brazil but even to any other big name/well respected/Copa Libertadore contender clubs in CONMEBOL). That's what he should be aiming for. Although then again, in saying that, i wouldn't be dissapointed to see him sign a contract with an MLS club for the rest of this season, simply so that he can get used to playing outside the country before moving on to something better.

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You are 100% right. HE without a doubt can perform in Argentina, and in Europe. He really is an amazing talent. I really see him playing in the MLS though, i just want him to leave. When he does, he will shock everyone.

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah, If he were to play in the MLS I would like to see him play with SJ Earthquakes having Arturo of right wing and left wing "Cristiano" and I think it would good for him cause SJ has a team with fast, skilled, attacking players, it would go well with his style of play. DC United could use a good winger too, NY Redbulls also and with Pacheco they can play together more. If he were to play in Argentina he should play for River Plate same reason that I said about SJ. If he were to play in Europe then I wouldn't really know where he would play maybe in France or Portugal, I don't know. If he were to play in Japan it would nice to see him with Gamba Osaka.

4. ClipperFan44

ClipperFan44 New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    an assist and a goal is enough to merit his rock n roll status

5. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ARRIBA LA SELECTA.

I need few hours to calm down from the results before I can post my thoughts. I have never been sooo proud of the SELECTA. ES up 2-0 against the U.S and stadium pack with Blue and White. It felt so good that I had to pitch myself to make sure it was real. The play of our boys show the whole soccer community that El Salvador is getting back in form of the Glory days and turn heads in the Concacaf qualifying.

Fans: Finally we had the 12 man with us. The Stadium was rocking and it was peaceful, no BS like throwing bottles, etc.

Game: DLC put in good tactic against the U.S They get didn't any great chance to score the until last few minutes of game.

First score: Con Toques. Great passing and good shot from Cheyo.

Second Score: What a great header from Castillo. I didn't know he get that high!

Play from U.S: Disorganize, tying to play high ball since most of players are not tall and last thing, dirty fouls against Romero and Zelaya.

Last though which is the most painful since we end up with tied instead of three points.

ES had the best team on the ropes, bleeding and with one eye cut open. Then went downhill by having US attacked the middle of the field I know now how T&T felt now!!!!!!!! Fitness plays great deal!!!!!

These injuries can be avoided by being prepare for full 90 minutes of soccer. The Game is not over until the last whistle is blown. That’s why it's IMPORTANT for them not waste time or decided to protest their paid when they get called up to practice. . It was sad to see that they perform great but lost energy at the end and it hurts really badly.

For the JJ Gomes, as a sub you are cold. You don't have feel for the game and might have jump start his decisions by trying to do too much. Both goals, US players were left alone and he was out of position.
    Now ES has to build on their gains and improve their weakness. This game will get a lot people talking about ES again!!!

Let's continue to root and believe. We saw yesterday, it's there!!!!

6. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  7. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Cheyo, Chele, Cristian got the highest ratings. :) FANTASTIC FOOTBALLERS. ALL WILL BE ABROAD SOON.

8. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Mi analisis.

1. Julio Martinez is in business, another warrior.
    2. Romero is impressive
    3. Cristiano Castillo is on his way to bring the calle game to the big leagues.
    4. Cheyo is a maestro when he wants to.
    5. Zelaya is a warrior.
    6. Salazar is smart.
    7. Sanchez had his best game ever
    8. Pacheco is a beast
    9. Henriquez is the next Anaya
    10. Marvin needs to talk more with Gomez
    11. When Montes wants to play he can be another Misael Alfaro but he is kind like dennis rodman.

Negative.

We need to be physically better, we look like "wussies" in the last 10 minutes.

DLC made 2 big mistakes. Ayala and Alas. Rudis and Miranda were the subs.

Gomez and Marvin have a lot to do with the last goal. Marvin is the Cannavaro.

Lastly dont blame Gomez for everything. A few bad choices for DCL, we gave up the game in the last 10 minutes, we cannot expect a cheap win by wasting time and acting like wussies. It is a game of 90 minutes and we have win all of it.

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    He's been getting it for a long time; only difference now is that other non-Salvadoran supporters have seen him first hand and know that what we've been saying all along is true.

10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I think someone from the MLS is going to want to get him soon, cause I remember rumors and articles saying that scouts from the U.S. were going to see El Salvador vs China from last year and if they were paying attention to Castillo from that time till now, I think they are now very interested in him by now.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    To my fellow Salvadorans,

Stop saying the USA underestimated us. It's entirely not true, there are countless interviews were they say they were gonna be happy with a draw. They are humble, when it comes to football. Stop the rubbish talk. Every USA player said we were gonna be tough.

12. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A friend of mine who i was talking to last night while we were watching the game is a HighSchool coach in L.A. and is also a photographer for CentroDeportivo.com, is working on getting his promoter license. This guy has connections with the L.A. Galaxy and gets the chance to send his HS players on tryouts with Galaxy, basically right Now he is trying really hard to land Cristiano Castillo with the L.A. Galaxy...he was one of the guys who took part in convincing AA to play for ES.

Castillo has what it takes to play anywhere, the best thing for him would be to go to Europe or Mexico...MlS just doesnt cut it for me.

13. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone know where i can watch the game wednesday like some restaurant

14. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Great game Salvies, you guys deserve the win. But like Kevin said, the team needs more physical endurance. But you guys got the talent, brains, heart. You guys need those players playing abroad, that will help you guys physically and def. you guys will be a team to be recken with. You guys are headed the right way.

15. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  16. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Just a brief note of congratulations to the El Salvador fans. You had a good game plan on Saturday, and it was well executed. There's a lot of bitching and moaning over on the US boards right now about the poor US performance, but what is lost in that discussion is that our opponent played an outstanding game.

Hope to see more Salvadorans in MLS soon. The days of Raul Diaz Arce at DCU were magical. Peace.

17. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true i definitely want to see more salvis in the mls i would love to ee castillo here

18. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. SFC415

SFC415 New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    here's my thinking on were we stand going into this game

This is big game for both teams. If the CR wins, they begin to pull away from ES, T & T, and Honduras (depending if they lose or tie).
    If we win, we go to 5 points, and could be in either 2/3rd place after 3 rounds. If we lose, it isn't the end of the world, but it makes the next game vs. Mex that much more important.

ES got an unexpected point against the US, and any points at CR would qualify as an unexpected result. Preferably you want to get a win, but even a draw means you get a point, and just as importantly, it keeps CR from pulling ahead with 6 points.

T & T se va a quedar con 2 puntos despues de 3 juegos. There's just no way they win in the US.

Mex vs Hon: even though I hate the mexican nat'l team, I hope to god they win on the road. The last thing we want is for Honduras to go to 4 points.Again, MEX and US are a given to advance. Que le den verga a los demas.

20. Scientific-Guanaco

Jul 28, 2008
    Houston, TX
    The US for sure, but just because Mexico beat a cocky Tico team in La Azteca doesnt mean they're guaranteed a spot. Those days are long gone for Mexico. The catrachos gave it to them in el D.F. the last time, and they're in desperation mode now. Mexico does not match up well with Honduras, I would not be surprised at all if the Ctrachos pull a win in Mexico. Mexcio can think all they want about them dominating Central America, but until they come to Cusca or Tegu and prove that, nothing is guaranteed.

I personally would much rather Honduras beat the hell out of Mexico and give another Central American team the chance to advance.

21. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game for ES and the fans, i'm happy with the final score.

22. SFC415

SFC415 New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm not saying Mex is a powerhouse or anything, but let's be honest....they will win at home. Why? Cause they always do. Look at CR. Undefeated, playing some good soccer, against a Mex team full of turmoil, and they go out there and play like crap. Look at the last round...Mex doesnt need to win on the road to advance because as long as they play in azteca, you can almost guarantee a win.

Your scenario....eh.....I wouldn't bet on that. You are simply asking for trouble with Honduras in the mix. They only have 1 point. Que se queden con solo ese punto.

I would LOVE to see Mex not make it to the WC. But this is not about preferences, but about reality.

23. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    True, we need to keep CR, Hon, & T&T with the lowest amount of points...thats the easiest way for ES to get a shot at 3rd or 4th place. Lets just hope that after this 3rd round the 2 teams at the bottom of the list are Hon & Tnt. Hopefully Es can either
    pull a tie or a win against CR.

24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thanks brother, we really thought we had the game won but USA showed some heart.

We would also love to see more Salvadorans in the MLS, we know there is atleast 5 or 6 that could play there easily. About 3 could play in Argentina, or Europe. But let's take it one step at a time.
    Atleast Alfredo Pacheco is in the Redbulls. :D

25. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That game on Saturday is a game that I'm going to watch over and over again for a long, long time.

No one gave us a chance, including a ton of Salvadoreans (myself included) and for them to put up that kind of effort, that kind of performance... Simply amazing. Yeah they gave up the win but hung on to a tie. Still a great performance.