El indecido me molesta, si no me quiero, Transfer Thead 2016

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by total_football, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    isn't the only/real question, "how much more money would you like alongside sanchez?"

2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    worth it!

3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Telegraph, "Arsenal have been regularly scouting Holland striker Vincent Janssen, who has emerged this season with AZ Alkmaar as the most prolific forward in the Dutch Eredivisie".
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...s-holland-striker-vincent-janssen-a-summer-t/

Never seen that dude, he apparently has been scoring for fun in Holland, that means he may be the next Suarez or the next Josy Altidore. :D

AEAAFC96 repped this.
  4. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Or the next Wilfred Bony.

5. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still think Bony could have been much better in the EPL. His style of play doesn't fit Man City. Would have been better off in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or atleast on a smaller club where he would have had more space to adjust to the EPL.

6. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yup

his very best form at Arsenal came when we had all of our injuries last season. He has not been that great since.

He is Roy of the Rovers.

7. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Been fed up with Alexis so I'd do that in a heartbeat.

The problem isn't that there isn't talent, the problem is that there really is a dearth of top level coaching and most of all patience because the money is so insane that you have to win now and development/coaching take a backseat.

City have an insane amount of talent at the youth levels from u12 to u21 which tells me that there are at minimum 4 good players in there ready to make the first team step up. Whether they will get it is another question.

The English Hacker repped this.
  8. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Lewa for Alexis and 20m or Lewa for Alexis, Giroud, and 30m

NorthBank and Super Llama repped this.
  9. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol are we pre-paying a 10m penalty just for sending them Giroud? Please take him, here's an extra 10 lol

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fed up with alexis but still rate ramsey? Pls resp9nd

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BigMan, you are opening a can of worms there....... :sneaky:;):D

PS. A few months ago, there was a rumor that Barca was interested (for 50 M).

thebigman repped this.
  12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would sell both if I could have replacements of my choosing

DutchCane and charlie15 repped this.
  13. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    I would prob take a chance on this guy. But Giroud has to go. I don't see us getting anyone else top class striker anyway. Send Giroud and Walcott, let Danny,this guy hold down the CF spot.

14. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The only Arsenal players I wouldn't upgrade are Monreal, Koscielny, Cech, Bellerin, and Ozil. That doesn't mean that the others are terrible.

AEAAFC96, daedalus, Shen-O and 4 others repped this.
  15. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    I agree that he lost it later , perhaps in the Hleb, Cesc, Denilson etc era but surely Henry, Pires and Bergkamp had one of the best synergies in EPL history.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  16. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    id upgrade on Monreal, tbh.

That doesnt mean he is bad either, but a quicker fullback with his same positional nous would help a lot.

AEAAFC96 and daedalus repped this.
  17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #67 DaPrince84, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Yeah. Since Hleb left/Rosicky got injured, Wenger has struggled to crate that synergy.

Sanchez does not have an on-pitch relationship with anyone. I kind of feel Ozil hates playing with him.

18. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I grew up playing with a CF who couldn't comprehend the 1-2 or a wall pass, I get the frustration. I personally would hate playing with Sanchez. I want old Rosicky back, lord I miss that player.

Monreal is heading towards the physical decline also he's been over played. We should have been doing a better job rotating Gibbs, he isn't bad enough that its going to cost us points.

Shen-O and DaPrince84 repped this.
  19. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Can't agree with you on Gibbs. He plateaued last season. And when he has played, he makes mistakes. He may need regular games, but that should not come at Arsenal.

Old Rosicky on this side would help with so much stuff. Hleb and Cesc had a great relationship, but Rosicky was the magic elixir that made everything go.

Twiggy and daedalus repped this.
  20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That 2007/2008 team was the ultimate what could have been team. Injuries to Van Persie and Rosicky cost that team the title - if they stay healthy, they might have hit 93 points.

21. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i maintain that was the best team in Europe that year.

A Clichy mess up/bad penalty call away from being 8 points clear, in March, on a United team that won the league and champions league with C. having the best premiership season ever and deservedly winning WPOY.

22. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would rather take Milik from Ajax...more complete player

23. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Most of Gibbs' errors seemed to come after being unceremoniously dropped. When the two were rotating I thought we had one of the best Lb duo's in Europe. He's played against some of the best attackers in the world and rarely looked lost or a weak link. Not his offense is poor, but to be honest the way the team is set up, that position doesn't add anything to our attack anyway. Since then he's been bad agree 100%, I would go back and re-watch some of the games, but I wonder how much of his performances/lack there of came from playing with Sanchez. And, how much him being dropped came from Monreal seeming to mesh better with Sanchez than Gibbs.

Xhaka and LW, turn this team into top 6 in the world though. At least that is my belief. I think the majority of our defensive issue comes from a lack of team play or strategy. What ever happened to Miguel? And where is Nordviet going?

DaPrince84 repped this.
  24. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Like one, but how many years has it been since they started putting boatloads of money into it?

Thing about it is, it's a 200 mil outlay for their new facility, and then whatever incremental increases due to added maintenance and staff wages. You hit on one really good player, you have the possibility of recouping up to a quarter of that in one go.

It's just not enough time to properly gauge an academy.

thebigman and DaPrince84 repped this.
  25. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'd say they have 4 players sitting in the U21 who will contribute under Pep.