El indecido me molesta, si no me quiero, Transfer Thead 2016

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by total_football, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwojt21

mwojt21 Member

May 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again missing my point--as well as unnecessarily being a d**k.

charlie15 repped this.
  2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'll disagree with that. Gabriel isn't s*** but he's essentially a wild card in the worst position possible for such risk-taking. And at times he chases a play so egregiously it forces Koz into bad situations. The exact opposite of Per's greatest strength.

Stones may not be great but he's young enough to build upon and might be a good transition from Koz to the next generation. Gabriel I don't see offering the same.

Regardless, Arsenal needs a new CD ASAP, and another Holding or Gabriel isn't the answer.

True, but one thing we've learned this season is that the market has gone wonky and Arsenal need to be more decisive. If they're going to risk or overpay then do so in a way that offers high rewards.

3. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Posts have been deleted.

4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agree that we need a new CB. Disagree about Stones - he's the most overrated player in England.

No doubt. But at the prices being discussed, you have to really like the player/be confident of the player's skills and fit to justify taking that kind of risk.

darcgun repped this.
  5. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Check out @MesutOzilClass's Tweet:
    759376127517417472 is not a valid tweet id

Not sure if this is viewable but when the guy from Arsenal TV asked Ivan about transfers he said we will get it done.

InTheSun, darcgun and Silva 5 repped this.
  6. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should STFU until they announce someone.

cantona94 repped this.
  7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ivan G called ...... ;)

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hate this shit. Let's forward 4 weeks lol

charlie15, Shen-O and Fifty repped this.
  9. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    There are rumours circulating that Arsenal are after Björn Engels, a centre-back for Club Brugge and Belgium U-21s. https://t.co/DQqfiA47kx

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

10. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Wenger: "We are still in the market for players - at the front and at the back." #ArsenalUSA https://t.co/wD3omM8xjL

#hope

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

darcgun repped this.
  11. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

cantona94, Silva 5 and Super Llama repped this.
  12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ballerina Nachos. That's a thing I think.

13. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say it's fair to assume that if we do get anyone it will not be more than 2.

What's everyone's best case scenario?

Mustafi has to be the most impressive defender we've been linked with, so I hope he's the one. As for an attacker, could it be Mahrez? Lacazette? Griezman? There's a part of me that leans toward Lacazette because he's the only one who's an out and out striker. But Griezman is just so f---ing good.

charlie15 repped this.
  14. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On Arsenal Fan TV, Robbie Lyle said he spoke with Gazidis in the USA (as part of the tour) and he is working on getting players. I hope this is true, if not the whole bunch need togo.

15. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the board/Wenger need to be honest imho.

we don't have the resources of Man Utd., Chelsea, City. But then we moved ground for the whole point of competing. and then Lord Harris of where/whoever said we have 200 million to spend. Man U fans hate the Glazers, but they still succeed despite them, and will even without Pogba. I'd take them over their Kroenke.

Silva 5 repped this.
  16. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    I'll be chuffed if we get two players. Id say priority is a CB and that's the only player I can see Wenger paying market price for.

As for attack, I think he'll be okay with playing Ramsey or Ox out right and theo/akpom up top until giroud is fit. My prediction is that we get a defender in the next two weeks and that maybe an attacker comes in the last couple of days but only if some dominos start to fall.

I'll go:

Defender--60%
    Wide Forward--25%
    Starting CF--3%

Silva 5 and charlie15 repped this.
  17. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    top four at best. If Spurs get lucky they MAY and just may finish above us.

18. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care if they are working on it, all that matters is who lined up on the pitch.

daedalus and darcgun repped this.
  19. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger: "If you look at the market in Europe there is a lot of money available but not many players that really strengthen the teams"

20. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    he really said that? so Pogba is shit, Higuain is shit. he spoke against Brexit, we should speak for Wengexit.....

daedalus repped this.
  21. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Higuain is shit. You aren't seeing any Napoli fans crying, they're just upset he went to Juventus. We are dodging a bullet.

AEAAFC96 and charlie15 repped this.
  22. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? What he's saying is 100% true.

Think of it this way....

If you are the LA Galaxy, how many strikers in the world could improve your squad? 200? 300?

If you are Sunderland, how many strikers in the world could improve your squad? 75? 150?

If you are Arsenal, how many strikers in the world could improve your squad? 15? 20?

The higher you get up the chain, the harder it is to find players who are better than what you already have.

That's why players like Pogba and Higuain went for so much money. In theory, there's virtually no one else of their quality available, so the market for them is insane. If you're LA Galaxy and you go in for Jermain Defoe and Sunderland tells you they want 20M, you can tell them to piss off because you can easily find another striker of that caliber for less. If you're Real Madrid and you want to buy Koke, Atletico can ask for almost anything because they know you can't find another player that good anywhere. So if you want to make a deal, you're going to have to pay through the nose.

The players you seem to be lamenting (Higuain, Pogba) each went for extremely high prices. It's not like they would have been easy to acquire. They would've cost double the club transfer record. I don't think it's fair to criticize Wenger for not signing these players. I genuinely believe that he's looking to improve the team, but it's hard to find "super quality" at prices that we can afford. He did it with Cech, Alexis, Ozil, and possibly Xhaka. I have a feeling he is sniffing around players like Reus and Griezmann to see what they might cost. However, it's not easy to pull off a deal of this magnitude. Those players are hard to land.

All that being said, I'll bet anyone that we add a forward and defender before the window ends. If we can't pull off a big money deal for a big name (and I believe we ARE trying), we'll probably go the value route and get Mertesacker/Arteta veteran types for modest prices.

The English Hacker and Silva 5 repped this.
  23. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think the likelihood of signings is this:

1 signings: 40%
    No signings: 35%
    2 signings: 20%
    3 signings: 5%

24. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO

I think people are crazy if they really think we're done. It's so clear that they know we have needs, and that they're working on things. I think we get 1-2 impressive names and then maybe 1-2 cheap depth/veteran type guys.

darcgun repped this.
  25. banco

banco Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Don't you dare start posting like a normal person.