El Indecido Me Molesta ,Si No Me Quiero Digame-Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by total_football, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So, we got an injured 20 year old French no name apparently coming in. One striker, one MF, 1 defender, and 1 GK should shore up the squad quite nicely.

2. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, the title should be in French. ;)

s7kru and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  3. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Where did you get the title from? The spanish isn't 100%.

4. uncleo

uncleo Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Downingtown, pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    steve mclaren

6. Rojinegro1

Rojinegro1 Member+

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's because it's from The Clash.

Actually, it gets the Clash lyrics wrong.

7. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    lulz just saw a rumor about Higuain to Arsenal for £19 million funny stuff

8. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Predictions:

Hope for-
    Solid Defensive midfielder
    Backup goalkeeper
    Established striker

What I expect-
    No name French striker
    Very young, nowhere near ready midfielder
    Unknown goalkeeper

9. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    hope we don't spend a big part of the summer's outlay on Gonzo. he's good but Spain exaggerates goalscorers' numbers

10. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any teams with good players on the verge of bankruptcy?

11. dwedan

dwedan Member

May 14, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you be happy with a similar transfer window as last summer ie a Cazorla-quality player alongside two decent players like Podolski and Giroud? I wonder how this season would have panned out had we kept RVP and Song? Would we have been able to challenge for the title with the best striker in the EPL and another cm which we lacked until Ramsey's renaissance and having Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud to improve our offensive production?

I think top class talent is needed more than numbers. Rather a top class striker and a CM and nothing else than 4 good signings without a consistent game winner. Our defence has come on leaps and bounds but our lack of game winners has made our run-in much harder than the W-column in recent weeks would indicate.

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We can still have a combination of both. One top class (is Jovetic top class?) and 2 or 3 good signings (Gonalons/Schenderlin/Begovic/Adler types..).

Talking about Song, I don't think it is an accident that our defense has improved since he left. Arteta who took over Song's role, is a much better (and intelligent) player than Song and has performed admirably this season.

13. dwedan

dwedan Member

May 14, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't necessarily have any specific names in mind but all those should be alright. I think our transfer plans should also be done according to how our first XI will look next year. If we plan on having Poldi and Walcott on the wings , I think Jovetic would be a smarter addition. He likes to get involved with the link up play, rather than be on the end of things ( like Poldi and Walcott). If its Cazorla and Walcott on the wings, we might as well just get a bonafide goal scorer like Higuain. The ST position should be our top priority and anything else should come after.

As for Song, he was just an example of the steel in the midfield we are lacking (although he was positionally suspect).

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain is only 25? I don't watch Real Madrid much, but many teams have done well with players they've thrown away.

15. UnionFan11

UnionFan11 Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think Higuain would tear the premier league up with creative players like Santi, Rosicky, JW, Ramsey, and Arteta behind him. He's a class above Podolski and Giroud and would be a huge upgrade up front. I really don't see why anybody is against him or Rooney coming in... blows my mind to be honest

16. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't Higuain have a injury problem ? He doen't look impressive for me and he has the likes of Ronaldo and Ozil feeding him.

17. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For Higuain:
    1) Injury problems
    2) Big game choker, does poorly in all the CL matches I have seen him in
    3) Finishing is a lot poorer than his numbers suggest, lots of sitters missed
    4) Limited beyond scoring goals, poor link up play

I would rather have Higuain than Giroud, but he is defo not a class above Podolski. He would be a good signing for Spurs but not for a club with ambitions above a top4 finish. And it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that Santi, Rosicky, JW, Ramsey, and Arteta are more creative than the midfielders Madrid has, anyone suggesting that hasn't noticed how we are changing to becoming more defensive and creating a lot less chances in games. We need a striker that can create goals for himself and spark the team into breaking defenses with top class skills, not someone to score goals. For that Jovetic fits the bill a lot better than Higuain can.

As for Rooney he might be a decent signing if he's able to return to his past form, but going by the standard behavior of English players there's not much hope that he'll be able to do that. We're getting essentially a Utd reject, one that is going to be expensive.

18. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent analisys in the Independent today.

"Even before his winning volley at St James’ Park, Arsenal owed the saving of their season to Laurent Koscielny.
    It was Arsène Wenger’s brave decisions in early spring, with his team stuck in sixth place in the Premier League, which brought the stability required to drag them into fourth."
    "It had been apparent for some time that the Belgian was part of the problem, while Koscielny is a far more astute reader of the game. "
    "Wenger will surely try to move Vermaelen on. The issue, though, is in front them. This newly solid, efficient Arsenal lack the pace and spark title challengers need. This is a rare position for them – having the cake in place and needing to add the icing – the situation is usually the reverse."
    Gonzalo Higuain, Real Madrid’s disgruntled goal machine, would take Arsenal to another level as would Stevan Jovetic, the younger, more imaginative Fiorentina forward. With managerial changes at the three teams who finished above them, this summer is a rare chance for Arsenal to make up some ground. But they need investment to build on this useful basis."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...es-of-stevan-jovetic-for-arsenal-8624593.html

19. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know we did a great job to get the money we got for Kolo.
    I know it was rubbish to see him in a Citeh shirt.
    But the prospect of him in a Liverpool shirt.
    That is sad. Sad for Kolo, and sad that Liverpool would take him after we sold him off, and then after Citeh let him off...

20. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Higuain is a better option than what we have and he's only 25. He is not injury prone as suggestd and plays more games than Villa and Jovetic have both recently. What's not to say he can't improve his finishing with more PT and less pressure. And to whomever said his stats are inflated by the league, he is also proven at international level.

21. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like there will be some Jovetic news today.

22. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Source?

23. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Absolutely. We should spend that money on Clint Dempsey instead. :rolleyes:

24. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We actually met someone's price tag? Has that ever happened before? Wenger must really, really, really rate Jovetic.