EL DERBI MADRILEÑO | La Liga Jornada 22 | 01.02.20 | 16:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 31, 2020.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 MiamiNative0722, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

realmadrid-atletico3_4_641x361.jpeg

Squad List:

EPnnYm5W4AIC5vk.jpeg

Venue:

El Estadio Santiago Bernabeu

Notes:
    • OUT: Bale, Rodrygo, Nacho, Hazard, Asensio, Brahim, Mariano
    • In the two Madrid derbies so far this season, one in La Liga and one in the Supercopa, both finished 0-0 after regular time.
    • Real Madrid is looking to continue their 20 games unbeaten run as well as their 7 Madrid derbies unbeaten streak.
    • Atletico Madrid is currently tied on points for 4th in the table.
    • Atleti will be without Joao Felix, Koke, Trippier, Costa, and Gimenez. Recently arrived Yannick Carrasco will be available.

Madrid Derby Tifo:

Madrid Derby.png

LA CAPITAL PERTENESE AL REAL!!

2. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    With all of those players out for Atleti I'd say we have a large advantage.

3. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Three points and maintain our position on top. Hopefully Benzema is back to his scoring ways.

Digital repped this.
  4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the one time where I expect to roll them over.

5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Simeone under insane pressure in this one. I have a feeling if we get a big result here he quits and Atleti get Poch who is similar caliber.

6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Carvajal Ramos Varane Mendy
    .......Valverde Case ...Kroos
    .....................Isco
    ..........Benzema.....Vinicius

I hope Zidane isn’t going to pull some nonsense like benching Fede and starting Modric since the former played 90 minutes midweek and the latter was rested.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Wait why I this game being played. I thought they beat us in pre-season and won the “Madrid trophy” so they should be given the 3 points. Wasn’t that the reason they celebrated so hard.

Deep Pal, Eddie, yoanaidarov and 9 others repped this.
  9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    We’ve played Atletico twice already since that preseason game and have not been able to beat them .. Hopefully tomorrow we can score some goals because we’ve gone scoreless in the last two matches against them.

Lyra repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    With the team selection, feels like we'll be going with a 4-5-1 tomorrow.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Ahahaha

The worst part was the overreaction by our own regulars on RMBS like it wasn't a preseason match.... a preseason match they would have told us to disregard it we won with the reverse scoreline.

Shay Z repped this.
  12. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Atletico are without they best players and we are chasing the title ,no excuses for not winning the 3 points today.
    Trippier missing is key,play Vinicius who is in good form against their second right back .
    Koke and Felix missing makes their midfield pretty weak on the ball,no need for 5 midfielders........but i fear ZZ will go with the same line up as in the supercup.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a feeling that VJ will have a good game.

Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  14. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can not afford to draw this game. We should no start 5 midfielders because Atletico will have it easy defending the middle. We need at least 1 winger. And that winger should be Vinicius

Marca have been reporting about Someone record at the Bernabeu. We need to put an end to his record there and Barca's too

This is not the game for Zidane to be pragmatic

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We have a three goal lead so the doomsday scenarios of 'win or else!!1!' make no sense.

I hope Zidane isn't piling up pressure, when he knows atleti basically play for draws and we can struggle to score.

We need our team loose, not tense so they panic early if atleti bunkers well.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anything less than 3 points isn't good enough today.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We should go back to all the threads people made these ultimatums... then we dropped points... yet we still are in top of the league.

I hope we win too, we need to have a stong mindset, but if we draw it won't be the end of our world.

Let's hope we can break their defense down early.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are absolutely depleted by injuries, hopelessly out of form while we are firing on all cylinders and playing at home.

We're the overwhelming favorites for this one.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    All fact.

I hope we blast them while they are down.

RMSocrates repped this.
  20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Despite all their problems, still tough to beat Pathletico bus.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, BjornH and 3 others repped this.
  21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I agree. They are a mess right now.

22. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid loosing 7-3 (preseason or not) is not a laughing matter. Especially when you're on a tour to increase revenue in the western market. Business wise it's entirely negative. Not saying it was a serious loss, but it's not something we should ever be OK with. It was ugly and it was bad, and it irked me the wrong way as a fan.

That said, at that point in time there were still many unknown factors regarding this Real Madrid side. Is the squad too old, is Bale leaving, will the new arrivals adapt well, will Zizou manage to repair this team etc. Suffering a 7-3 loss was not a good sign especially when we practically started our "preseason" in March.

Considering all that, to see how far this team has come since has been a treat to watch. Zidane really is a great man manager and a decent tactician. If we manage to win the league this year it will go to show that when you have the right people in charge you can recover from anything (Ronaldo's sudden transfer, low morale last year etc). You have to applaud Zizou and the boys on the past couple of months, and thank God for our young players stepping up as well.

It's an amazing time to compare the two Madrid teams and see how far they've come since that 7-3 trashing. It almost feels a bit surreal.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Considering injuries, i see Simeone fielding two destroyers in center - Partey and Llorente. We should exploit that. No need for conservative approach today with 4 mids. Casemiro, Kroos and Valverde should suffice. While upfront, 3 forwards should be crucial for maximum pressure. I would opt for Vin, Benzema and Rodrygo. Tons of width and depth. Vin`s energy and capacity for 1v1 and ability to break through should cause tons of damage. Heck, if anything i see Partey and co. collecting cards like crazy.

So, no Isco today. And for the love of God no Lucas. Okay?

p.s: wait, no Rodrygo in the squad? Why?????

24. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Because you don't need all these wingers when you're going to play with 5 men midfield and only have 3 substitutions. He even dropped Nacho.

Prit Javier repped this.
  25. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We always struggled against Atletico, no matter how many injuries they have, how many we have, whatever form everyone is in. It’s always a battle.

The biggest reason we’ve dropped points in the past years is because we let in shitty goals to them. With this defence they way it’s playijg I’m more confident of a win then ever.

Prit Javier repped this.