EL CLASICO | La Liga Jornada #32 | 21.04.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    upload_2024-4-21_17-5-19.jpeg

Perfect week! :D

Shay Z, Glide84, MiamiNative0722 and 9 others repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Digital and trts repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    S1na, Nathanial Essex, Nir_O and 5 others repped this.
  5. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    id have more confidence in LV for pens than Vinny any day of the week.

Shay Z, Ssr9, Nathanial Essex and 2 others repped this.
  6. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    upload_2024-4-21_18-25-27.jpeg

It's so hard to tell; why are we the only top league without goal-line technology?

Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should have asked Laporta, he's the local expert on white lines.

S1na, Galatico, hector_br and 6 others repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is the main issue. Barcelona have every right to complain, a major decision like this you should get definitive evidence. You should not leave room for interpretation, especially when there is technology that eliminates all grey in this matter. It's a crime to Spanish football that it hasn't been implemented yet, and goes to show how far the league is back from other leagues.

Shay Z, S1na, hector_br and 4 others repped this.
  9. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    upload_2024-4-21_20-33-31.png

La Liga is the ONLY top 5 league without goal-line technology. :rolleyes:

Shay Z and hector_br repped this.
  10. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    #710 Wolfdude, Apr 22, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2024
    Yeah that was stupid as shit, 1. Madrid won the game. 2. LV had a goal. 3. He assisted the winning goal.

I don't know which decided Lammine should be man of the match. Lol for what?

xmaje repped this.
  11. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    I love him. I want him in RM his whole career. It is clear he has a love for the club with the way he kisses the badge with pride. Fans also love him.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  12. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    These days he seems to be an expert on Mcdonalds. Fat fck.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didnt catch the last 30 mins (and I am sad that I did). Anyways, I'm so happy! Congrats everyone! Hala Madrid!

14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But seriously why la liga without goal line technology? what's the issue here? ;o

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

16. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jude frickin' Bellingham, ran over 15km midweek vs. City, scored a penalty in the shootout, was very good today and got the clutch goal against our biggest La Liga rival. People can get off his balls now.

Ssr9 and Deep Pal repped this.
  17. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xavi literally said in the post match "If we had 6 more points and you take away 6 points from Madrid, then we would be in first place". The Gardener is now also a mathematician :laugh:

Also, shoutout to Tchouameni who, in addition to having a solid game at the back; made a couple of great defense-splitting passes from the back.

Shay Z, Ssr9, sneakking and 3 others repped this.
  18. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    RoadMan repped this.
  19. RoadMan

RoadMan Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that no one can either confirm or deny a goal without hawkeye or without goal line camera. Saw very interesting video on this subject on reddit before:

Is the ball in or out? Dutch tv showing the optical illusion : r/soccer (reddit.com)

Either way, its just unbelievable that La Liga does not have goal line technology this season.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "ES GOL", lol.

Great win by the team. Fully deserved the 3 points and if we had managed to be a bit more clinical (which is a frustrating thing of this team), this could have turned out exceptionally ugly for Barca. We let them off the hook, like we typically do. Barca didn't create a lot, a couple of seemingly dangerous corners, but I can't remember many clear-cut chances.

Now the focus can shift fully towards the CL. I'd like to see some good rotations of several key players, e.g. Fede, Jude, Camavinga, Vini and Rudiger. I can't emphasize enough the quality of the job Carlo has done over the course of this season, arguably his best ever achievement.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, i'm just giving a different perspective. It's pretty impossible to tell with what's available.

RoadMan repped this.
  22. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

Few seasons ago Bale scored at the CN and goal was clear legal but disallowed

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  23. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Oh this is stepping in it for me alright.

You acknowledge by posting that picture that the angle in that tweet can be deceptive, so nothing I'm about to say is trying to rebut your comment personally. Far from it.

As a hockey fan, for the last 20 years I've had to hear periodic comments about a rather infamous no-goal given in what could've been the Stanley Cup-deciding game from the 2004 season.

(If you don't care to watch the full video, just go to the sequence beginning around :45. I'll also spare any discussion about anything else involving that play - namely the kicking motion - simply because for the sake of this topic it's irrelevant.)

That angle makes it seem like there's a brief moment where you see the puck, the line, and daylight between the two, suggesting the puck is over the line. But from that angle - again, as your comment also alludes to - is deceptive. There's another hockey video that explains this, and hilariously enough the video references another situation involving the same team trying to score a goal in the same net as the first video in this post.

It wasn't a goal in 2004 (it also wasn't a goal in 2015), the Flames didn't win that Stanley Cup, and the Lightning's Stanley Cup win that season is entirely legitimate. Suck it Calgary.

Shay Z, Raul-7 and RoadMan repped this.
  24. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So in three games against Barcelona this season, we’ve scored nine goals …

First time we’ve won three games against them in one season in 88 years. In 2022 we had 5 or 6 win streak against them for the first time in around 60 years.

Barcelona might be on a real slippery slope here, they’ve thrown everything at putting a solid team together, and it’s not bad, but we’re pulling off historic numbers against them right now and we are only getting better.

I’d be very worried as a Barcelona fan, paying refs is no longer an option, they could crumble completely. After their 1960 La Liga win, it took them another 14 years to win another, and upon winning finally in 1974, it took them another 10 years to win their next one in 1985.

Dark times ahead of them if they continue to be mismanaged like they have been.

S1na and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Ahmadi8, hector_br and RoadMan repped this.