PBP: El Clásico | Real Madrid v FC Barcelona | J26 - La Liga 19/20 | 1 March 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 29, 2020.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He also had the breakaway where he took the bad touch into Marcelo's path. Very uncharacteristic of him.

2. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Well you're right. We did. According to Understat, we had xG of 1.59 and LPB had 1.04. So yea we should have won the game especially if you consider that scoring the first goal would have made them open up more. However we've generally been scoring more than our xG so we were bound to regress back to the mean. You're going to have games where you don't finish chances. It happens.

What I'm worried about is the 1.59 xG number. In the last Clasico this season we had 0.72 xG. In the Atleti match 1.19 xG. Ouch! We aren't beating any good team with offensive creativity that poor. We just aren't creating chances like we used to.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

He is slow as hell and sloppy, how many balls did he give away? Watch again and you'll see he is not what he used to be. Anyways it doesn't matter, entire Barca has been mediocre (board to pitch) and squad is too thin, look at LPB bench and what they had to throw in vs Barca while Barca relied on a 17 yo, Rakitic and Braithwaite. Perhaps this is the best thing, losing for the first time in 4 years against LPB and the Liga to see Bartomeu filth finally getting axed out.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sadly it seems like you're just speaking based on what you want to criticize rather than analyzing what actually happened in the game today. Busquets had a good game today. I don't like Semedo and I have to say he actually had a very solid game today.

Last I checked Madrid relied on a 19 yr old for their main plays and for the goal today. It's fine to criticize Barca ... but don't make it look like Madrid are much better right now. They created less chances than we did today.

condor11, evil_allan and unclesox repped this.
  5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Not really, Busi has been poor throughout this season, look at his stats, he's making too many mistakes. People just go by merit thinking he's been good, look at the match again, he had 71%pass accuracy at one point diddling with the ball at edge of area and losing it. It's not just this game but all season. If you invest in FDJ, let him frickin play in his preferred position than playing him where he's not fully reaching his potential. I think Busi has been poor throughout, I've said it earlier and he's lost the little non existing pace he had when being solid.

6. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Not surprise with the result. This is what will happen when we currently face faster and physically stronger. We dont have any pacy player,not winger,not even press. It will be miracle that we win Liga or CL this season.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He had 86% pass accuracy and also had some good important defensive plays. You're pointing out one mistake. No player has a game with no mistakes. I am not talking season, I am talking today. I agree FDJ should play in that spot, but you will also see the FDJ is much weaker at defense and anticipating than Busquets.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Truth be told ... with Suarez and a healthy Dembele (even with his erratic performances) we win La Liga easily.

condor11, evil_allan and Ozora repped this.
  9. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    With Valverde:thumbsup:.
    Honestly i dont think Valverde lose this kind of match against LBP.
    It is easy to defeat us now if opponents manage to shut Messi down or Messi being mediocre like this match which is rare. No one will step up.

10. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    People usually say Griezmann flop but actually he is better than De Jong. Both play out of their favourite position but De Jong is worse.
    I understand that Messi is untouchable but Busquest?

11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

One problem is also that everyone all the time are looking for Messi as if he's the only one who can score. Yesterday there were many times where players had a better option than looking for Messi.

12. futbolcoleccion

futbolcoleccion New Member

cadiz cd
    Spain
    Mar 2, 2020
    with how bad we are and for now we are alive in the 2 most important competitions, it will be difficult to get something but while there is life there is hope

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Without Suarez ? I am not so sure. He was so instrumental last year in El Clasicos for example. Saved us even when we didn't play well.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Madridistas think they played a good game. They performed no different than they did vs Man City. And had we converted the chances the result would have been the same. Amazing ... they will never learn ... :rolleyes:

15. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Why? I mean those were 2 shit goals.

Vini's shot was weaksauce and the goal is 95% Pique and Mariano was the definition of lucky

I don't know I still see Barca as favourites now because Real didn't play well at all. Their chances were all form Barca's scre ups

Ok maybe they are bit favourite for La Liga but only because City will eliminate them. 3-0 at least

16. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Liga is 50-50. Only one point difference so we could turn the table. But again, LPB will be eliminated from UCL which means they can concentrate on Liga. We probably can last till quarter final(semi final if we get lucky draw) but will waste energy and our squad is too thin. Too much to handle.

17. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    They won't even come close to winning the CL. But they can win La Liga because we're trash too. That's what bothers me.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Lucky deflection, but they still tore us open on that play and several other occasions.

I'd say we created our own bad luck. Got away with it with the goal-line clearance by Pique, the Isco chance and the 2-3 times Kroos sent an open shot into the stratosphere, plus that Benzema volley that he often puts away. But can only dodge so many bullets.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It will probably go down to the wire. Both teams inconsistent. Funny to say but I'd say part of the hope is with how much impact Bridewaiting can have. He almost scored in 1 min of play but he also went to sleep on VJr on his goal.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Meh .. they've been tearing our defense apart for many Clasicos now. That hasn't changed. If anything they were worse yesterday. Those changes weren't that clear. Kroos shots we can live with. Their first real dangerous SOG was Isco's in the 2nd half. Then Benzema's volley. By then we had 3 clear scoring chances already. They've had much better chances past games where we won. In the 3 x 0 win we had last season VJr really tore our defense apart.

The main difference is that we didn't score. If we score that 1st goal they would have probably fallen apart like they did last season in the CDR.

21. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    It's a sad day when Madrid play more entertaining football than Barca.

The best coaches of the world would line up to coach Barca, and yet it's been unknown coach after unknown coach.

Something is badly messed up at this club.

22. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact is that without Suarez and Dembele, no one scares opponents, except for Messi. We played scared and to not lose. Easy to defend, just clog the middle, and take Messi's space. No one moved or made runs, just passing around.

23. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Mariano is like their Jeffren

neither belonged in Spain's two biggest clubs

evil_allan repped this.
  24. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    is it to early to miss the Valverde glory days of dominating La Liga? ;)

evil_allan and unclesox repped this.
  25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I had a feeling we would miss Suarez

and without Sergi Roberto people are unsure who to place all blame on

evil_allan, unclesox and celito repped this.