PBP: El Clásico | Real Madrid v FC Barcelona | J26 - La Liga 19/20 | 1 March 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 29, 2020.

1. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had only 3 SOG, they had 4. Oh, well.

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah both goals were off of 'weird' shots (deflection on first, player falling down on second).

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear to God, at halftime I meant to come on here and post "This looks to me like a 2-0 win for somebody. One team gets a goal about halfway through the second half; then, they get a second goal late when the other team is chasing an equalizer. I just don't know which team it's going to be." Sucks hard that it's them.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Keep the Faith. :thumbsup:

Or you can show your true colors by being "ashamed" to call yourself a fan of this club.
    Your decision.

condor11, celito, Rattlehead and 4 others repped this.
  5. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks to lose against the LPB scum. We had no spark whatsoever. Offensive injuries are killing us.

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Barca went into the game with the goal of not losing, instead of going in to win it. That's a cowards approach, Setien = Valverde. Busquets by far the worst player giving away too much. FDJ should play in his place. Barça had no midfield today.

7. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All this can be wiped away if we regroup and focus on beating Real Sociedad next weekend and an overconfident/distracted-by-City LPB slip up vs. Betis.

8. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, either.

9. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Barca is in for a trophyless season, especially with Messi being mediocre.

skalomax repped this.
  10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The 2 teams currently resemble tribute bands, a pale imitation of the real thing. Our board has to go.

evil_allan, celito and inswinger repped this.
  11. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    We just aren't that good. It needs to be said.

celito and skalomax repped this.
  12. skalomax

skalomax Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree with Messi being mediocre. Hate me, slap me, punch me, but man...I did not see one great penetration.
    Same time, Griz and Arthur ugh! This is where we miss a clinical striker.

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I'd go into the dresser and slap everyone arrogant prick in this team and club the way they insisted with passing around as it was Pep era, building northing from the back. Just move on you arrogant pricks. Lucky LPB are so bad they didn't capitulate all those gifts from the back line, could easily have been a manita in Pique face.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gonna have to do it the hard way.

For the rest of the season I would try to integrate Breadandwater as much as possible as Griezmann is almost worthless in any system with Messi.

A game that showed both teams have lost a lot of power in the final third. Could have gone either way (or a draw) . We had some chances and couldn't put them away. The second Messi chance was specially sad as his touch was right into Marcelo's path ... very unlike him. They found a goal off a deflection and that's the difference.

15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I blame the helicopter.

Danko repped this.
  16. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    To be fair Messi was pretty average but he hardly got balls in threatening positions because they ganged up on him and dared our other players to do something. He had that one breakout against Courtois that he hit straight into him and every other opportunity he had was a half chance at best and he didn't have many to begin with. Alba was good in the beginning of the game but then got totally shut down by Valverde and Carvajal and Semedo also faded away as the match went on after a very good start. For the last 30 minutes of the game, we got thoroughly outplayed.

ShortyMac repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's be honest ... last Clasico we weren't good. We weren't even good last season when we beat them 3 x 0. Just relying on some clutch execution and Madrid's mental weakness. It's a 1 pt. league and now they have the edge but can go either way.

18. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I thought Busquets was the best player on the entire field. Intercepted and won a lot.

FDJ didn't do much other than a one-two with Griezmann in the first half and the through ball to Messi in the second half (stopped by Marcelo).

celito repped this.
  19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    With us totally still in CL, and they able to focus 100% on La Liga after getting molested by Pep and City the other night.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Donkey Suarez. We don't miss him a bit.:cautious:

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    evil_allan repped this.
  22. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    To be fair they are still in the CL too. A 2-1 deficit isn't something you can't overturn although it won't be easy at the Etihad. They will definitely put a lot into that match though.

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Did ya have your telly on the 3D setting or something ?

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're lacking that spark that we used to had. During 2009-2015, our team was pressing really hard ,even when not winning ,we just keep the preasure on. These past few years, there's none of that intensity. I missed players who's willing to run all day like Masche & Alves.

Messi definetely not up to his previous season standard , yet still ahead of everyone on goalscoring & assist chart by some distance. Suarez has been our best striker this season by far before getting injured. Griezzman has always been more of creative forward than a finisher.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anybody miss Suarez yet ?

Funny part is that we still had the better scoring chances. Messi (twice), Griezmann, Arthur, and Barrywhite all had clear opportunities.

evil_allan repped this.