PBP: El Clásico | FC Barcelona v Real Madrid | J10 - La Liga 19/20 | 18 December 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Will Puig be promoted? there is enough hype about him although for some reasons he still isnt called up by youth spain team.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anybody keep track of how he is doing ? A few weeks ago I heard that he was in a bit of bad form .

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    12 in-a-row unbeaten isn't ordinary. They are in good form atm, let's face facts.

Barca are gonna have to be very healthy to win the league this season IMO, as there is just no depth at any position.

ShortyMac repped this.
  4. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I find the complaints regarding VAR of LPB fans hilarious

Just 4 days ago they were lol-ing and lmao-ing blatant PKs not given for Barca

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well the Pique incident the argument is he also had a hold of the players jersey .
    The Lenglet PK honestly is an absurd no call . I wonder if political background had anything to do with it . They have a very legit complaint there .

The Rakitic jersey grab didn’t really detain Varane’s forward movement but with VAR, it will be controversial if that type of play is given sometimes and not others .

6. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Puig was doing great before going through a tough period of being roughed up by opponent teams which eventually lead to an injury. Don’t know how he has fared ever since.

All I know is that he cannot be worse than Rakitic atm. He has loads of potential and has shown that time and again in the past. I feel he’s just lacking a bit of confidence after being consistently disappointed by Valverde’s team selections.

He seems set on staying in Spain and succeeding at Barca, though.

7. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Aside from our midfield we really need to consider Suarez’ role in this team for next year. His decline is visible but he still has flashes of absolute class and those sparring moments are used as an excuse for him.

I hope we can look at Lautaro for next season. He looks like a gem, like a young Suarez.

As I’ve said before the season even started, this season has all the hallmarks of being a trophy-less season. Perfect setup. Messi is the x-factor.

ShortyMac repped this.
  8. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    The Lenglet one is 100 a Pk no doubt. I just loved the whole "haha screwed by VAR" attitude to full on rage in a few days

As for Pique it was a PK especially considering the ref gave the same type of Pk for La Real

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    More than sparring moments. He has scored 12 goals already so on pace for a 30-goal season. Add 5 assists.

Of course, we still need to be shopping for a replacement. Doubt whoever is playing the #9 role next season will be as good as Suarez is this season, so that's gonna be a problem area for a while IMO.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I’d say the funny part is seeing them happy they dominated play but we actually had the better scoring chances . When it was they the other way around , they’d make fun of us winning the possession battle but them having the better scoring chances . Plus, them being incensed when Alba gave a friendly tap on Varanes face ... it’s like Mourinho era never existed .

Gilmango repped this.
  11. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I said flashes of absolute brilliance. Like that back-heel goal or some other crazy goal he has a knack for scoring. Not goals in general. Moreover, probably half of those goals he scored were in games we won by 3 or more goals. Perspective over sheer numbers.

He himself admitted in that same game where he scored the back-heel goal that he tends to score the hard ones and often times misses the easier ones.

If we’re going to talk sheer numbers than I’d love to see his clear cut chances to goals converted ratio.

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Ideally our inept manager’s ..

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Plus they now have the advantage if it goes to head to head

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They do ? When is the last time they beat us at the Bernabeu.

BTW ... EV has tied Pep's streak of undefeated games vs Madrid.

inswinger and unclesox repped this.
  15. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I'm only asking for teamwork. Yesterday was horrible. (Maybe I shouldn't have used this video.)

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    They looked far better than us and they seem to be improving slightly whilst we go down the toilet

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will be the first one to agree with that. But I am not giving them any "home advantage" until they earn it.

inswinger and TitoTata repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anybody catch both teams at the tunnel just before half-time ? Busquets spent the whole time talking to Madrid players. Casemiro, Carvajal, Ramos ... I am not against some friendly camaraderie pre/post game, but at HT I rather them act like enemies.

I actually miss the times when teams actually came off the tunnel separate. In Brazil stadiums had the home/away entrances at opposite ends of the stadiums.

unclesox repped this.
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Having rewatched the game, Madrid were mostly a non-threat in the 2nd half. While it wasn't a dominating performance, we still had the better plays and were more dangerous overall in the 2nd half. To be honest, we have been in much more danger against many other opponents during the season even if you take the whole game into account. Best chance they had was the header Pique cleared off the line. They had some good shots from outside the box, but that's to be expected.

FdJ played really good. He was able to break the Madrid press a few times when he decided to play more aggressive and when he did, good things happened. We need more of that in these situations because the space was there to be exploited.

I do wish we could have pressed their possession out of the back. That's also something that's been sorely missing.

inswinger repped this.
  20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    How many games have Barca won by “3 or more goals” ths season? Please. Also, if you score the first goal in a 3-nil victory doesn’t mean the goal was meaningless.

Anyway, my point was that its naive to think bringing in some other #9 would solve that problem. We’ve seen many forewards fail to integrate in the Barca system, especially during the Messi era. Even when we signed arguably the best striker in the world (Villa), he wasn’t anything special after joining Barca.

21. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    We have a poor midfield and they have a poor attack. If I had to choose I would take our problem over theirs because at least De Jong can improve and more chemistry can be built. Meanwhile nobody for them except Benzema will likely score more than 10 goals this season.

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

We have a poor coach! Squad is decent if not great.

astrophyz repped this.
  23. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Our squad is not great. We have one good midfielder this year and that's De Jong.

TitoTata repped this.
  24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Arthur and Vidal are good this year but we keep seeing old, uninspired midfielders along a useless Craperto. The coach has absolutely no character, couldn't even motivate a 12yo and probably could depress and demoralise a person with an attention disorder. He's uninspiring!

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Plus Arthur of course ... maybe Elana