Ej to Boca Jrs???

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Mar 29, 2007.

1. directorman

directorman New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Omaha
  2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Seriously, don't be afraid to come and pimp your blogs. What would be even better is if you do more than just commentary, and bring us original features and interviews with people surrounding the Wizards. They could be players, staff, people surrounding the Bannister Mall or Olathe project, or anyone else that becomes relevant to your audience, Wizards fans. I'd bet email and phone interview requests would be welcomed, and there's no better way to attract viewers than with exclusive content.

Of course this is easy to say, considering it's not my blog or time. I will promise to read though! :D

If you haven't seen the RSLFM report, or 3rd Degree, I think they're the best team specific fan blogs/sites I've seen.

3. BigLarr

BigLarr Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The large majority of athletes who suck at 21 suck the rest of there careers. And Eddie will suck for the rest of his which is why he does not deserve another chance with KC.

4. directorman

directorman New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Omaha
    Nicole and I are so totally already all over that.

I just hope that new FO one doesn't impede our ability to do so.

5. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you post Chinese text to a page encoded as ISO-8859-1?

I'm not sure how Boca expects to expand into the Chinese market, unless it's selling TV rights to Libertadores games.

6. Amores Perros

Amores Perros Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Kuala Lumpur
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EJ lost his mojo, he needs something to snap him out of this funk.

Maybe sending him to Boca on loan for a few months would help both him and KC?

7. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would expect boca to want an option to buy, if he went on loan. if kc doesn't want to sell him, i dont see boca getting that option, and if they're trying to develop their brand beyond south america, what good does it do to sign a struggling forward for a few months?

8. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I know I am one to advocate giving EJ another chance this year, but excluding my bias in that reguard I think that this Boca situation has a very low probability of happening. OnGoal has made a very strenuous effort to keep EJ and KC and it wouldn't make any sense to let him go just a few weeks before our first game. That's really all there is to it.

9. KCOffsider

KCOffsider New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    I think this is exactly the reason why this deal won't get any further than the rumor stage... the timing is all wrong. Perhaps in the off season OnGoal would have considered it as a way of truly shaping the team themselves (and that's not even probable in my opinion), but so close to the season, it'd be rather reckless to cause such a huge disturbance in the locker room.

Besides, doesn't it seem like the deals that get rumored around MLS are the ones that either don't happen or take a long long time in doing so? Consider rumors of Beckham to NY (anyone remember him on "Good Morning America"?) vs. the utter silence about Mathis to NY. If a deal is really worth making, smart front offices will never let it leak for fear of media bias ruining the deal. If a deal is most valuable in the PR sense, leaking it can be advantageous simply to get the conversation going without having to take action. How many MLS fans have talked about Boca Juniors this much lately?

10. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Right, but there are plenty of instances of MLS teams dealing one man to simply turn around and have another waiting in the wings. Between the Argentina trip and the Atlas partnership, there is plenty of opportunity for a deal to be made. Of course, that's all speculation and if EJ stays and scores more than 15 goals I'll be out buying his jersey. :D