EJ: Cardiff City vs. Doncaster Rovers [R] 03/07

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by schrutebuck, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Clint Torres

Clint Torres Member

Apr 12, 2008

Well I know he scored with his right against Brazil, but that's the only time I saw him score.

2. MarvelousNTx

MarvelousNTx Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Arlington --AggTown
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno but I just saw an indoor vid of him taking a nasty shot with his left.

3. MarvelousNTx

MarvelousNTx Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Arlington --AggTown
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nahh guy. I clearly remember that goal. He got the pass with his left, faked right and turned left, stutter stepped and fired a rocket with his left.

4. Clint Torres

Clint Torres Member

Apr 12, 2008
    It was a joke man. The punch line was 'the only time I saw him score' ...

Guess it wasn't as funny as I intended. Sorry.

5. MarvelousNTx

MarvelousNTx Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Arlington --AggTown
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OHHHHHH, my bad. And you're right. I don't remember Preki scoring too many times.

6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I am certainly no EJ lover, but what you have to like about the goal, takes ball CONFIDENTLY on the dribble, dribbles confidently across the area and hits a very good and confident shot a the top of the box and eats the corner. This kid just hasnt had the light turned on, maybe it has. That's all he has ever needed. That spark of confidence and imagination that when the ball comes to him, he can create, hold it up, pass or shoot. He just hasnt had that.

besides Dempsey's wonder goal at the death against Chelsea (might be the best all around drama goal of the year in the EPL as far as I am concerned) it is the best Yank goal of the last 12 months.

7. Groverboy

Groverboy Member

Mar 6, 2003
    The Triangle, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't have Eddie's celebration, but here's another video of the goal:

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2537123/cardiff_city_fc_vs_doncaster_rovers/"]Cardiff City FC Vs Doncaster Rovers - Video[/ame]

8. SAFC Yank

SAFC Yank Member

May 15, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    I'm hopelessly late with this, but my point was merely that EJ working "his socks off" was a sign of maturity, that he was growing up.

9. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.It does frustrate those of us who wish he'd started working that hard sooner.

10. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    hopefully true.