EJ: Cardiff City vs. Doncaster Rovers [R] 03/07

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by schrutebuck, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for you Eddie...Good for you.

2. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for all the info from being at the match Blue Bird. Sounds amazing. I wish I could see some video of it. Not to really see the goal, but to see Eddie after it, just to see how much it meant to him. This story really has made my day/week.

Now I might have to consider coming down to Cardiff for a match sometime in the next few weeks, if Eddie is getting minutes and goals.

3. Principal Firebush

Principal Firebush Smorgy Borgy Borgy

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    That's the most important thing, just giving the effort. He may not be the most talented player but if he works hard, he can make things happen with his speed. I'm glad he got rewarded with a goal, maybe this is a breakthrough for him.

4. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like one of those "Rudy" moments. His play has increased, the fans adore him, his teammates are pulling for him, and he tops it off with a goal. The whole event sounds very surreal. I sure hope we can get footage of it.

5. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I must be the biggest baby in the world, this post gave me goose bumps. I just love when people get a second chance and rise.

From this Yank..

Thanks to you BlueBird fans for welcoming our boy with open hearts and minds, that's the real story here.

6. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    There are still bigger fish to fry.

With Boythrod injured, Eddie has a good shot to start one or two of the next games- taking place this Tuesday and next Saturday. Both on the road. Every game crucial now, and every 3 points means a ton. Eddie can become a folk hero here real quickly if he can continue to lead the line, score, and help his team win these matches.

7. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
  8. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    He looks so happy and I love how his boots match the kit.

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic all the way around. Just look at that smile...

Here's hoping to a few more real soon.

10. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that picture. I'm happy for EJ.

11. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rep. This picture makes me very happy. Can't wait till we get a video of the celebration. We've got some smart people on here, surely someone will find a way.

12. Barcasox

Barcasox Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE! He's still only 24, and yet people right him off. I'm not saying "call him up now" or anything, but you have to say he sounds like a different player. The goal description did not sound like a typical EJ goal. GO EDDIE!

13. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I'd be very, very surprised if it doesn't make it's way to Youtube in the next couple of days.

14. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
  15. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that is great to hear. thanks. congrats to ej. sounds like he coming out of a very tough situation a little bit tougher and smarter, good for him.

16. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "mattygp" I hope you're on the case!
    Well done Eddie....I was checking the results on BBC and was thinking "another Roger Johnson goal" until I read the match summary....

17. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    *Ahem*

"Description: For all of those who witnessed the magical moment at 16:16 on Saturday March 7th, 2009."

:p

18. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, I don't like EJ a lot, but just reading these posts and the celebration, makes me feel very happy for him.

19. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he really is a Grown Ass man now,instead of just saying he is.Well done.

20. mattygp

mattygp New Member

May 6, 2006
    Working on it. Realistically, it probably won't be until tomorrow, but I will keep looking.

21. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    Bluebirds said he was chasing and hustling and making good runs. I almost don't believe it, but it sounds like a whole new EJ. Let's hop he keeps it up, we don't have many strikers getting solid PT...

Just makes me smile, congrats EJ!

22. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    not for the next few games, but if ej can keep up his form, i can imagine him replacing ching for future wcq's. they'd be fouling him even more than they foul ching. he can win the same headers that ching wins, plus he can turn and take off with speed that ching does not have. he and ld up top could wreak havoc.

i guess i'm getting ahead of myself - or of ej. let's give him time.

23. Lobooho

Lobooho Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Cali
    First George H W talking about his beloved Barbara. And now this. I'm seriously in tears here.

24. USAin2006

USAin2006 Member

Sep 7, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    please. johnson can always be worked back in the team in winter. Let him have time to focus on club ball at the end of this season, rest over summer, then get into camp properly and start season well.

The worst thing in the world for this kid is to get his focus off club ball at the moment. The next 6 months are everything to his career.