EJ & Adu: PAS Giannena vs Aris Salonica 17/1/2010

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Bellof-3, Jan 15, 2010.

1. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  2. kalnik3

kalnik3 New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    upssss
    my mistake:p
    i must stop drinking malamatina:rolleyes::D

3. kalnik3

kalnik3 New Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
  4. Bremas

Bremas Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I get "You’re not authorized to view the Torrents!
    Sorry... "

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You have to sign up and make an account.

And then either comment or hit the 'thanks' button to download the torrent.

6. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    any chance someone wants to upload to a public tracker/site?

7. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    send a message to kalnik3.

he is the admin in this tracker. He can invite you.

8. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Not to be (too) negative, but does anyone else get the idea that dealing with Freddy is like baking a souffle? That everything has to be just so, and then maybe we can consider him playing?

It seems like other players get playing time so they can learn. With Freddy, it's like (hah! another analogy!) we're waiting for just the right second to launch an IPO.

9. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    I didn't like at all what happened tonight...

We played really bad.

EJ was good, but the need for better defence made cuper not to choose adu.

Hope he plays with panathinaikos.

10. ARIS_SUPER3

ARIS_SUPER3 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    the refs arent good generally..

ARIS this year has ZERO penaldy..
    when a lot of PENALDIES happened FOR SURE..

watch that:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugtXw869WE"]YouTube- ??????..?? ????? penalty; Part.1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFQDttZxDQw&feature=related"]YouTube- ??????...?? ????? penalty; Part.2[/ame]

well it might not be all of this penaldies..
    but..NOONE OF THOSE WAS GIVEN..

so ...

DONT BLAME ARIS:mad:

ARIS is harmed by the refs
    more than ANY greek team...

11. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    correct spelling is penalty and penalties

soley for informational use, very glad for your contribution here

12. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, MLS isn't the only league with bad refs, eh?

13. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you ever met a fan that felt his team got good refs?

14. Bremas

Bremas Member

Sep 30, 2009
    France?:eek:

15. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's retsina, correct? I dated a girl from Santorini for awhile, and she tried to convince me that stuff was good. Worst swill I have ever tried to choke down in my life. Tasted like pine sap. After a few months I had to break up with her so I would never have to go to a dinner party that served it again.

16. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Uhm Uniteo, you do know that the goalkeeper counts as one of those 2 defenders so you have to look at the attacking players position and the last defender (not second to last defender, as the goalkeeper is also on the defending team) ?

;)

17. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about another analogy. Adu is like owning a Ferrari. You don't drive it in bad weather, on crappy, pot-holed roads, in bad neighborhoods, to pick up lumber at the hardware store, in city traffic jams, where known speed traps exist, or park in lots for owners of 25 yr old clunkers to bang their door into yours, etc., etc. But, when the sun is shining and with a smooth, open road in front of you, life is good.

18. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Adu is a hoopty, you leave it in the garage, cause you don't want anyone to see you driving that shiiite around.

19. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    PAS Giannena-Aris Salonica 0-1 @ Zosimades, Ioannina

0-1 Mehdi Nafti 51'

Stats
    >>

Photos
    >>
    [​IMG]

2,500 Aris' fans travelled to Ioannina and packed the stadium

[​IMG]

Aris' players run towards the fans to celebrate the goal

[​IMG]

Toni Calvo and scorer Mehdi Nafti celebrate the goal

More photos here: http://super3.gr/gallery.asp

Videos >>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVD_V6Wp5_8"]YouTube- PAS-ARIS Highlights[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MMFUGq51Hc"]YouTube- PAS-ARIS[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aJyiQbsX6w"]YouTube- S.L.2009-10.18hAgwn.PasGiannina-Arhs.17.01.10.ArisMania.JohnAris1914.Goal.Nafti[/ame]

Torrents >>

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just finished watching the game, man what a crappy field and condition!!!!

Not even long studs were helping these guys stay on their feet. Eveyr like 5 minutes a player would drop and possession would get lost.

Also the field was wierd, i couldnt tell if it was wet, but the ball was acting as if the field was flooded. Sometimes it would roll normally and other times it would bounce and act as if it landed in a puddle messing up players anticipation of where the ball will go.

Messy game, no possession for both sides, Giannena took advantage though of Aris being out of their element, often counterattacking when they lost possession cause of slips or wierd ball bobbles and came very close to tying it/ possibly winning it.

Aris was lucky to come away with a 1-0 win. Better game to come vs. Panathaniakos

21. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Exactly!!!

There are some teams that need a certain environment and special conditions to develop their talent and demonstrate their potential: pitch in a good condition, opponent which will try to open up and chase a goal, ground soccer.

Aris is one of them. On the other hand, PAS isn't. Just like half the greek teams, especially those in the relegation zone. Actually, I had "warned" you about the quality of soccer you would meet, in my previous posts. So, you 'd better get used to it and accept it as a standard "spectacle" from now on.

Of course, that's not excuse or allibi. Professional players must adjust to all kind of environments and try to win; everywhere and always. That's why we are so happy to have beaten PAS. Based on what we performed, we certainly didn't deserve the victory, but that's soccer. Throughout the first round we ALWAYS outperformed the opponents, created more chances than them but rarely got the victory we deserved. Now, it's obvious that Cuper has changed the psychology and mentality of the team, elements essential that we severely lacked.

To me, PAS' match was much more harder than the upcoming Panathinaikos' game. That's because Panathinaikos is kind of a similar team, which will try to challenge us and claim the victory. That means more open spaces for us to threaten their defence, more room for ground and quick-paced soccer and of course an incredible, passionate atmosphere. Prepare for smth extraordinary and definitely wake up early on Sunday! :p

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The funny thing is, the team they played today is the style that Adus old team played like, Belenenses.

They were about ugly soccer, werent effective when playing, and main goal was to counter attack and try to score that way with ugly, effective, soccer tactics.

Aris is a good team, the good teams play wtih style, possession, and confidence.

That PAS team seems to ahve been playing on edge just making the best out of anything they got.

Yes, it seems the aris-panathanaikos match will be good, both VERY good teams. I hope you guys shut down Cisse. :)

23. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but it's important to consider that PAS had just changed their coach and they hired a very passionate manager, Anastopoulos, who's famous for his ability to build strong, solid teams.

Actually, he's the coach we hired 4 years ago, when we were in the second division. Back then, he was perhaps the only coach in Greece with the guts to take charge of such a problematic team and lead it to the promotion.

PAS's previous games were not that good; the transaction to their new coach obviously lifted up their spirit and made them perform better than before.

That's another reason to appreciate yesterday's victory. With him in the bench, I don't think many teams will manage to escape from Giannena with the 3 points.

[​IMG]

24. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the PAO game going to be played?

25. Bellof-3

Bellof-3 New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Ιn our stadium, "Kleanthis Vikelidis"