EJ & Adu: Aris vs Levadiakos (Superleague) 3/28 19:00 Greek/12:00 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, Mar 26, 2010.

1. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. So you are saying "compromise" wasn't invented in Greece?

2. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Well, I don't know what they did 5 thousand years ago, but nowadays, that's an unknown word.

3. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    1st Half http://www.skai.gr/player/TV/?MMID=111359

2nd Hald http://www.skai.gr/player/TV/?MMID=111360

;)

It wasnt a good game and its logical because we played with just 4 players from first 11 and in last month we had a lot of hard games.
    EJ was really bad but i think that its happened because its hard to play together Campora and EJ. EJ plays better when has Koke behind him.
    Adu on the other hand was just OK. Before some weeks when Adu played 2-3 games in a row i told you that ''he cant run with the ball'' and a lot of ppl asked what i mean with that.
    I think that he was much better on this. He run 3-4 times with the ball and tried to dribble the defenders and not his self.:D
    Of course that's not enough to stay in first 11 because Calvo and Meriem so far play better.
    Lets hope that day to day both of them will be better because we need them for Final Cup and for play-offs and you need them on WC.;)

4. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    μλκ σαν αλβανός που μιλάει αγγλικά γράφεις... έχω κλάσει στο γέλιο...:D

sorry for the Greek line above...

keep up the good work...:rolleyes:

edit: μη μου στενοχωρηθείς...σε πειράζω...

5. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    ti na stenaxoritho re... mexri kai Reputation sou edosa:D.
    sorry for the Greek line above

Thanks for your good words my friend mich.

[​IMG]

Back on topic now....:mad:

6. FIREbradley

FIREbradley New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Anyone making a video of all his touches?

7. Metzengerstein

Jul 29, 2007
    Eh, ok, is the cup half full or half empty? For me, I can see why Freddy's feeling thirsty these days.

I agree he drew two fouls in dangerous positions, one of which was converted. But I also saw horrible touches and crosses in the first half, and better in the first 30 minutes of the second half. That's 30 minutes out of 90. I saw him hesitate often, both with and without the ball. Yes, he showed good tactical discipline, but saying that is really lowering the bar for Freddy. Good tactical discipline should be a given for a player who has been a professional for as long as he has. I saw him make long runs and get back to defend, but he does not cover a lot of ground in the midfield. Yes, he tracked back often, but compare him to the other midfielders, and his mobility is just more limited. That might be match fitness, lack of confidence, I don't know, but especially on defense, he just doesn't cover a lot of ground. I also saw him tire significantly in the second half. He took on some players with a few good results, but he got stuffed several times when he could have passed quickly.

I think Freddy's in a good place at Aris, but he's got some work to do. I hope the coach stays and continues to work with Freddy next year.

8. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to break it to you, but the fact that this is the YANKS abroad forum does not imply it's the uncritical cheerleading forum. We welcome a range of opinions (and there will always be a range, especially about a player like Freddy), and we also welcome the information and unique perspectives provided by overseas fans of YA clubs. Further, expressing an opinion with which you disagree is not "crapping all over" a player, and we don't take kindly to public accusations of trolling or flaming, either.

In short, please refrain from the armchair moderation. Thanks.

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I thought Freddy looked pretty good, but needs more PT to take it over and gain more confidence. He looked good when dribbling at defenders, but with freddy he depends more on 1-2 passing to get by players, and I didnt see many players making runs for him for a 'wall pass' back to freddy in open area.

Anyways, I hope this puts him back in rotation for PT.

10. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HaHa is right! I have a friend, last name Dakos, who was born in the US of Greek parents. He went back to Greece a couple of years ago and met a lot of relatives at a wedding. He hated it, saying they (the men) argued and fought all the time!

11. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    At least you're aware of the whole half empty thing. I mean, what exactly is the point of talking about his tiring significantly in the second half when it's his first full game in a long time? We might as well say he gets wet when it rains. "Being a pro as long as he has" is a comment that people sometimes tend to throw out there, but if anything, that's a handicap. He's 20 years old.
    If he were, say, 24, then "being a pro as long as he has" becomes relevant. But there's a reason nobody throws 14 year olds in to the pro ranks, and there's a reason 20 year olds are considered very young still regardless of having been at, say, the Barca Academy studying tactics for 6 years. Just because Freddy has been pro since 14 doesn't give him the experience level of a 24 year old.

Why should we worry about the horrible touches and crosses when we know Freddy has a gifted touch, and cultured passes and crosses? It's a temporary thing.

Limited mobility? Maybe. You can get that impression from his being told to stand on the touchline for width, and from the attack constantly going through the opposite side where Calvo is. I just hope his mobility isn't limited by all the muscle he's put on. That's an extra load to carry in an endurance sport.

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Doesn't look Brazilian to me.

[​IMG]

13. gabbar

gabbar New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So when is the next Aris game, this weekend looks to be off.

14. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Asteras Tripolis - Aris

15. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow that's a long time from now, perfect time to get more integration with the team and start working his ass off! Let's hope he trains with some renewed energy.

We can now at least agree that this is not Monaco or Beleshit, he actually got significant minutes after his first foray 3 weeks ago. Phewwww....:D

Now lets get this horse back on track and get some silverware!:cool:

16. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong Neto, Kremlin breath ;)

[​IMG]

17. Metzengerstein

Jul 29, 2007
    I'm a Freddy fan, ok? I'm just saying based on what I saw yesterday, I understand why he's not seeing the field right now. He's not in good form. On his age, I was responding to your point. Being tactically disciplined takes discipline, not experience. Regardless of his being 20 years old, he did seem disciplined yesterday, so what? Why should we congratulate him for that? Because he's 20?

Second, I'm not worried about his touch. Freddy's touch is amazing. But he had a bunch of horrible touches yesterday, and that contributed to my overall impression that his performance did not help him to move up the pecking order.

18. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Thanks for your support my fellow Americans to Aris and "your" players.
    24 thousand views shows that we are "thirsty" for these 2 guys and Aris.
    You are making me buy my next shirt with number 11 on it ;)

19. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And thank you for your analysis and patience with our crazy love/hate dysfunctional American family. We all love our players and just want to see them succeed.

Some of us have been following Adu for a very long time!:eek: And he still only 20 but it doesn't feel like it and now it's getting close to crunch time for Adu and we are getting antsy. Time to relax and start drinking...

So the more we argue the closer you feel to us right? We become more Greek? I think we can become quite close.:D

20. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    how about some tsipouro?

[​IMG]

Drink some of this tsipouro stuff and we will definitely be closer then...:p

21. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    It occurred to me that maybe we're saying different things when we say a player is talented.

tal·ent (tlnt)
    n.
    1. A marked innate ability, as for artistic accomplishment. See Synonyms at ability.
    a. Natural endowment or ability of a superior quality.
    b. A person or group of people having such ability: The company makes good use of its talent.
    3. A variable unit of weight and money used in ancient Greece, Rome, and the Middle East.

Or are you saying that their innate ability means nothing for how they'll turn out as players in the end?

(btw, see definition #3 for the Greek :) )

22. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I think that's the talanta (τάλαντα), but I didn't know that it was talent in english.

23. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    It's a different think what someone is capable of doing than what he turns out to be in the end. Let's see an example.
    Denilson was capable of being the next big brazilian because he had an enormous talent. He turned out to be a good player with many tricks in his sleeve but not world-class level.
    It is the same with those two. You say Adu is more telented, I say Calvo. Neither is this time Messi level. Most likely none will be like him. But in their 30's both of them have the skill to be considered awesome players. It's just a matter of how much they work, how mentally capable they are to play the game correctly and if they have luck on their side.

As for the last one it is τάλαντο in Greek (which means it should be talant(o) not talent(o)).

24. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    How about this....................... They are both talented.

25. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Of course... But Calvo is more than Adu...:D

I know...I know... I am a stubborn Greek...