EJ & Adu: Aris Salonica vs Panathinaikos 24/1/2010

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by aris-salonica, Jan 21, 2010.

1. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I know it is still early in their move to Aris - but if Freddy and EJ can't begin to get more time it really concerns me. A lurking concern is that it will be very natural for the two of them to bond and hang out. What I wonder is which of them will be the one who focuses them on doing the extra work, focusing on what they need to do to get better and 'keeping their nose to the grindstone'? They have both struck me as guys that can get a little too caught up in themselves or down rather than the ones who know how to fight through down periods. I hope they get time and I hope they build a constructive, supportive relationship that helps them both get even more time and success.

2. gemini3

gemini3 New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    We cannot do anything about these issues. Mr Kooper is responsible for the issues and as we say "Mr. Kooper" knows what to do".:cool:
    Our tasc is to help them and the team in general in difficult situations.

3. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Mr. Kooper can get these two to excell on Aris' first team than I say "Fire Bradley and Hire Kooper !"

4. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't see where this perception would come from. If anything Adu has seemed almost inappropriately positive as if not dealing in reality. Every week in Monaco he posted, "I'm playing the next game, my coach says I'm doing great". Every week at Beleneese, "watch the game" I'm gonna play. So far at Aries the same ultra positive communication has repeated. I can't know if he is crazy, being lied too, the best actor in the world or just gooey positive by nature but I would not describe Adu's outlook during these 2.5 hell years as being down. Heck at some point I almost wish he would get pissed.

5. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I know that every American wants to watch Adu playing, but Aris is not Belenenses or Monaco. Adu is really needed in our team and he will play, but make some patience. Cuper is not that type of Coach. He wants him 100% ready.

6. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007

The post was not comparing Aris to those other clubs. It was pointing out that the poster I responded too had no reasonable basis to suggest Adu hasn't maintained a positive outlook, despite the trials of the last 2.5 years.

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    since adu will be 100% ready when he debuts, can we expect a hat trick from adu?

8. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    @ Bolo ok i got it :)
    @ Smokarz Campora will do hat trick so he can pass Cisse and get the golden shoe 2010 :p Adu will make the assists !

9. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Should've known, saw GDT @ 26 pages a figured our boys did something noteworthy, nah. Just another battle of typical MLS fanboys overrating our league and condescending Euro fanboys slagging off on MLS.

10. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    EJ lost the biggest chance of the match :rolleyes:

11. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Saw that :rolleyes:

Also saw much more space spend slagging off on the quality of each others league. :rolleyes:

12. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    fair enough. i disagree that MLS players would get eaten for dinner top to bottom in the greek league, but your obviously entitled to your opinion, as long as it is an informed one which it seems to be.

far to many people knock MLS without seeing so much as a single game.

13. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh.

14. aris-salonica

aris-salonica New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Salonica, Greece
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfJMFJhXLZ4"]YouTube- ARIS - pao 24/01/10 (0-0) ??????? ??????[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hNrfh2jjo"]YouTube- ARIS - pao 24/01/10 ???????? ????????? - ???? 3 - ?????[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nreunmowjUU"]YouTube- ARIS - pao 24/01/10 (0-0) ???? 1 - ?????? ???????????[/ame]

1 person likes this.