Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    News...

• Ayguen has received a three match ban for his acts during a U23 match last week. The suspension covers all 1860 teams so he cannot play for the pro team either.
    • Beda has been sent to train with the U23s. Essentially he is no longer considered a first team option. Given his contract is out in June he will be with us unless 1860 lets him go for free in the Winter.
    • If you want to see just how focked Herr Stevic has made this team, just read this article about the position Niemann finds himself in now. Basically the fans who cried so much about Aigner leaving now need to STFU and go to the stadium and support the club. They can no longer say they are 1860 fans but still remain at home and not go to the games because they are angry about the stadium issue too.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: News...

Damn! What did he do?

I guess there's no money to buy him out now.

EEJOTS........

Doom your club to hell because you're mad about a stadium issue a guy who is dead and buried created.

Really smart. :rolleyes:

Garry, again, I'm not trying to "go political", but do you know how much a portion of our population in the USA are described as "living off the government and feeling entitled to do so?"

That's what I feel about the part of the 1860 fan base who are pure idiots.

They agree with the idiots who started the court case because they feel they shouldn't have to pay even though that's what the club signed up for. They just shouldn't have to in their tiny minds.

They shouldn't have to play at the AA even though the late and beloved Karl-Heinz Wildmoser got them into this. They should be allowed to leave because they want to. They're entitled to do so in their minds.

They feel they are entitled to the city spending a shitload of money to upgrade the Grünwalderstadion and the surrounding area because damnit, they're entitled to it!

What idiots.

Well, I'll still get to the AA and help whenever I can.

If I can't support Dortmund with my money, I can try to help 1860 stop the bleeding from a wound inflicted by its own stupid fans. :mad:

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

I don't know and have not seen any decent report. My guess is a "notbremse" with an altercation afterwards. That is usually good for 3 matches with the DFL. :confused:

Well, my guess is the teams that are looking to buy him right now know they can have him soon for nothing and are willing to wait. My guess is he goes somewhere in France or a mid-table 2.BL side at winter.

Yup....that's the mindset.

Yeah, a good 20% or more.

Well said. What gets me is that these guys piss on every topic: AA, selling players, GW, etc. They don't realize that they cannot keep players AND avoid going to the AA AND build the GW AND, etc. You just cannot have everything. But, as you pointed out, they feel an entitlement I guess.

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Probably.

Dude, honestly, I don't think there are any teams looking at Beda as an option.

They're like spoiled children who think their parents can get them anything they want.

And when the parents (The city and to a certain extent, Bayern) don't give them what they want, they pout (i.e. - all the shit talking and protests) and hold their breath until they turn the appropriate color of blue (i.e. - staying away from the AA).

But if they keep "holding their breath", it is the club they are going to turn blue.

"Blue" not in the true color or "blue" as in sadness, but "blue" as in no more blood running through its veins because it is dead. :mad:

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

Right now, I agree. But I think there may be teams in the 2.BL that, come winter, might see an experienced player like him as a good free option. I hate to name teams because one never knows who the really weak teams will be, but suspect anyone trying to avoid relegation may look at him.

But being French I am sure he has had his fill of Germany and wants to go home now. Cannot say I blame him.

It is sad when a fan 8,000 away spends more money supporting the club each year than the average fan based in the same damn city. I buy LoewenTV each year, I gave to the "fan fund" which was a huge flop, I buy kits and other fant articles online, etc.

6. Mattjv

Mattjv Member

Oct 27, 2008
    AZ
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone know if the fan shop on 1860's website ships to the US and if so how much will it cost me? Thanks in advance.

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten

They will but it will cost a fortune. For some reason shipping ANYTHING via die Post or DHL costs TONS of $$$$. For example, buying a jersey and a scarf which could fit into a FedEx package would cost you ~$40 just to ship regular ground + air delivery!!!! FedEx or DHL Global is even higher.

Best bet is to find some online shop that will ship inside the US that carries it. Or maybe ask your local retailer if they can do it. Another way might be to buy from someone like Kaufhof...but I am not sure how much they charge for shipping.

8. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

anything new happeneing with the fight against the debt probs ? ..
    i would have thought with that amount tptb (the powers that be) would be moving as quick as to get smth done.. deals or pay plans etc ... but ive not read anything new in many places thoguh i dont know all sources ... just seems strangely quiet for such a big prob
    just curious

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There is no fight. 1860 was dead wrong and they owe Bayern the money.

This was never any fight against "the powers that be."

This was a bunch of f#cking scumbags (the 1860 management) trying to get out of paying legal debts the club got itself into.

If these scumbags had just followed the plan of the guys they forced out, 1860 would be a lot better off.

Now, the very future of the club is in serious danger.

Not because of Bayern. Bayern has made it clear that they have no interest in burying 1860.

If they did, 1860 would be dead already.

This is because this team will almost have to win promotion to get a license for next season with these debts.

I really cannot see the DFL giving 1860 a license even with the strictest conditions if these guys can't find an investor or sponsors willing to put up some serious cash.

There are none of those. LB has explained why many times in the past.

He'll have to explain that again, because I know I'll mess it up.

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    While I have not read of any concrete plans by Stevic or Niemann to reduce or restructure the debt, one could infer from Niemann's mtgs with Bayern and the fact we have no money to give that he has focused on setting up a payment plan that will not kill the club. The problem is we have no cash flow, no new income from either sponsors or player sales so we need to find money somewhere. Look for players to be sold in winter as well as other operational cuts to be made so we can find money anywhere to pay our debts.

Think of it his way: you have a job, you rent a house and more debt than you can pay. You cannot sell your house because you don't own it. You have possessions you can sell but have few buyers. You owe money that is due now but have restructured you debt, for the time being, by paying a minimum amount but your creditors won't take the minimum for long. Add to that you may not have the money to pay your rent or other bills.

That's pretty much the situation.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone see this kicker article?

The gist of it:

1) At an average age of 23.5 years, 1860 has the youngest roster in the 2nd Bundesliga.

2) Maurer says Nsereko can only work his way back into the lineup through performance. Maurer blasted Nsereko, saying, "The competition is great and he has to find his way back in. I cannot waste anymore time on him just because he had an outstanding season two years ago."

3) On the other hand, "Cubic Zirconia" (Ignjovski) seems to have a line right back into the starting lineup. Maurer says of him: "I cannot look past him. He has shown great qualities." The kicker reporter thinks this was a direct message to Stahl, Lovin and company.

4) I think Maurer might have had a "slip of the tongue" when talking about Beda's banishment to the U23 team. Maurer said: "He wanted to leave the club and that did not happen. I can't change anything. His situation is no longer in my hands."

Beda said of the situation, "I've never been lower than I am now. I am simply finished here. I would have never thought this would be the case as I've always acted correctly."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

My comments: From where I sit, Maurer's Beda comments tell me the front office (read: Stevic) is telling Maurer who to play. I said all of last season that I suspected Stevic was telling Lienen who to play. I believe this is one of the reasons Lienen jumped ship so quickly.

When Maurer says Beda's situation is no longer in his hands, it makes me think he would play Beda, but Stevic won't let him.

I believe Beda is somehow being punished for wanting to leave.

What gets me is that 1860 still has to pay Beda his contracted salary.

Are they trying to say that this team is so far along that a player like Beda can't help them?

If they are, I think that's a f#cking joke of the worst kind.

No, I'm not saying Beda is some kind of fantastic player. If he were, he'd be gone.

But I am saying he's better than some of the guys who continue to get playing time on this 1860 team.......

On the other hand, I think Maurer is spot on in his dealing with Nsereko.

1860 were right to take a chance on Nsereko, but I did tell you guys there was a reason he's been loaned out so much in the past two years.

He's a classic head case. One good season and he thinks he's already a superstar.

I absolutely believe Maurer is doing the right thing by making the snot-nosed little f#ck EARN his way back........

BTW, I had translated the entire article, but lost it when I hit "submit reply". Never do translations directly at BigSoccer. :mad:

:cool:

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yup, that's it. In fact, I think we have had the youngest starting line-up by an even wider margin if you count the guys in the Stammelf.

Long overdue. Savio just sees himself in a different light. I think the PK issue with Ludwig showed more than anyone wanted to see. The incident in Bochum simply sealed it: the guy is a diva without the skills to back it up. When he gets punished he simply implodes and Maurer won't spend any more time trying to get this candy-ass to stop sulking and be a professional. Perhaps we are now seeing why this kid has been to soooo many clubs, been given soooo many chances and simply has failed each time. I love the phrase from Top Gun, "Son, your mouths writing checks your body can't cash."

From what I understand there are a few things at work here: First, Maurer is saying that Ignjovski, despite being on the bench (assumed through injury) is still bringing his "A" game and playing very hard, where as Savio is just going through the motions. Second, Maurer is saying that no one is above being benched....not Lovin, Lauth, even Kiraly...so any player laboring under the misconception that just because they started or were subbed into a previous game does not mean that will always happen. I think this was a shot at Ludwig as well given his last outing. Stahl, not so much...from what I hear he is the reason, along with Leitner, that Lovin and others are sitting.

Agree.

Stevic said last week that Beda's problem was that he was always "too nice" and did not show fight, but deference. His salary does not help either. Cooper better be watching what is going on with Beda because that will be his fate if he comes back and does not totally tear-arse.

Yeah, we agree on this. Stevic loved Rosler and I cannot imagine Lienen would have stuck with him so long otherwise.

A few reasons: he was a Reuter acquisition, he has been tagged as not performing up to expectations, Stevic tried to force him out in a pathetic attempt to reduce costs which failed and now he is being punished. Makes no sense.

I am confused too. One would think if you had a high-salary player you would put a boot up his arse and say, "if you want out you need to perform." And then you give him a chance to show what he can do so you can get SOMETHING for him. By banishing him we do nothing to increase his value and *IF* someone comes for him in the Winter we will get little or nothing for him, just his salary off our books. Very poor management here.

Ghvinianidze? :D

I would have done it after the PK incident....but at least he is doing it.

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Sechzig gg. MSV

Schaeffler will be back at the AA but in another color blue this weekend. While he likely won't start he will likely play. Good interview here.

Hey Keith, I was playing FIFA 2010 the other day and Schaeffler could not score there either.:p:rolleyes::cool:

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No time to translate, but the title of this Bild article is:

"Only 4 of 8 new players are starters. Did 1860 choose (new players) badly?"

Hmmmm...... :eek:

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Will paraphrase:

- the accusation that the team has made poor purchases by the fact only four new purchases are playing, let alone starting.
    - Buelow is third choice behind Bell (who had to be brought in because Buelow sucks) and Buck (who plays left back but was moved to center to cover this hole) and even Ghvinianidze.
    - Savio has become simply a diva. He is not first
    choice up front or even in midfield.
    - Halfar has only seen 26mins of playing time.
    - Uzoma is another one who is third choice. They even jest that he is not on the bench but rather at home In front of the TV.

That's a GREAT track record for Stevic the "fussball gott".:rolleyes:
    -

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn!

And one can't even write this off as "Bild Bullshit" because it is all true!

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, we both know if this was Reuter they would be beating the crap out of him in the fan blocks for such poor acquisitions. Truth is though, this has happened EVERY year to us. Reuter actually spent less money to bring in outside players than Stevic did; hence why we are in the financial problems were are in today. Under Retuers approach we used our youth, gave them chances to play and show what they could do, and then (regretably) had to sell them later. Using that approach Reuter was more successful than Stevic.

Stevic, on the other hand, has relied on brining in players only to sit them on the bench in favor of youth from within our own system. The DIFFERENCE is that Stevic has increased out operational costs TREMENDOUSLY since these experienced professionals who are sitting the bench cost WAY more than the youth players we bring up.

But let's look at transfers in over the last few years and see how successful they have been:

Reuter:
    • 2008/09:
      • Beda: Despite runs of decent form, he has been a bust under Lienen and Maurer. Under Kurz he was finind his form but slowly.
      • Lauth: Seen as a fan favorite but his form has varied greatly.
      • Aigner: Fanboy and great performer.
      • Roesler: While he suffered under Kurz/Wolff, he hit his stride under Lienen. Was a fan favorite too.
    • 2007/08:
      • Schroth: Never got a game, waste of $$.
      • Kusuckovic: As the name said, sucked.
      • Goektan: Was a HUGE gain until his coke habit kicked in.
      • Gebhart: Was a huge success and sold for much $$$.
      • Holebas: A success at left back last year and sold for 900K.
      • Pagenburg: Bust. Let go by Reuter.
    Stevic:
    • 2009/10:
      • Kiraly: Huge success.
      • Pappas: Margin contributor. Let go.
      • Ludwig: Has yet to live up to expectations.
      • Djokaj: Total flop.
      • Lushtaku: Total flop.
      • Lovin: Injured most of the year.
      • Cooper: Initial success then injury.
      • Ignjovski: Huge success.
      • Felhi: While a success, 1860 did not try to retain him.
      • Uzoma: Has yet to show what he can do.
      • Antonio: If flop had a poster child it would be him.
      • Rakic: Marginal contribution last year.
    • 2010/11
      • Halfar: Only getting amrginal playing time.
      • Buelow: Already relegated to the bench and third choice.
      • Rakic: While I am not ready to call him a success, he is not playing as lazy and stupid as he did last season.
      • Ayguen: A red card with the U23s and a three match ban is not making him a success at the moment.
      • Uzoma: Sitting the bench and not performing well, again.
      • Buck: A success IMHO. He plays well outside or inside.
      • Savio: Already proving to be this year's Roesler or Beda but with the diva personality of Michael Jackson.
      • Bell: In just one game I am ready to call him a success. Yes, I know it is early but if he plays consistently the way he did two weeks ago he will be a great short-term find.
      • Barros: Cannot evaluate yet.
    I think the BIG difference is that Stevic has YET to bring us anyone (or develop anyone) whom the club can make money from. If we end up making a profit on Ignjovski then we can add him to the list. But so far Reuter is wiping the floor with Stevic in being able to generate money for players. All Stevic has shown is that he can spend (and lose) money on players.:rolleyes:

Pourie
    Rukavina
    Gulan

18. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, on the business side of things, it seems TSV picked up two new sponsors in Lagnese (some sort of foods manufacturer) and FTL which is a travel firm. Can't see them putting 1860 out of debt. However, every little bit helps.

How is Cooper doing in training? What are the chances of him working back to a bench sub position in the Herbstsaison? Will he be gone in the Winter pause?

19. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a good note; Oktoberfest is just around the corner! I expect to see plenty of scantily clad 1860 women from the locals. Last year's debauchery "bilder" was outstanding!
    I imagine that the Englischer Garten, Perlacher Forst and Maximialanlagen will be "interesting" sites very soon! Drink a few steins for 'ole Woody!:eek:

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get this. Ewald Lienen is in the stands at the Duisburg match.

But I think he'll a candidate for the Duisburg job if the team doesn't come around under Sasic.

NICE GOAL!! :D

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I wonder if he is picking up "trinkgeld" from teams to scout 1860 before their matches. Duesseldorf is their next opponent and is only 29 miles up the road.

They look pretty good at 3-0. They are not a sexy team, but they are strong, play hard and get the job done. They were lucky today but finished what they needed to.....unlike Rackic.:D

Two nice goals from both teams, then that lucky patzer goal for MSV. Bell was hard done but we simply dod not do much today. Deserved win for MSV? Hmmm, yes...but just barely.

22. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough game and result. I don't think Sasic will be leaving anytime soon with Duisburg (and David Yeldell) at 3-0-0 and looking like early promotion favorites. I am sure Ewald will surface as the management candidate for a 1 or 2 Bundesliga struggler.

Maybe 1860 gets him to return on the cheap in the near term . . . :eek:

Cheers . . . Woody

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sasic's teams are known to spectacularly crash and burn after good starts.

It happened to MSV after he took over last season and he started this season on the hot seat.

Don't let a 3-0-0 start make you think his job is secure. They can just as quickly drop three in a row as win three in a row.

Or are you one of those people who truly thinks Hoffenheim and Mainz are going to battle it out for the Bundesliga title???

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yeah, I think we pretty much got back what we put out. Leitner and Stahl were no where to be seen. In fact, I think they made more mistakes this week than they did things right, but that's football.

Four words: "Union Berlin last season." I think they went something like 7-1 or were at the top of the table for most of the first 5-8 games, no? Remember people were talking like they would pull a worst to first thing after only playing the really BAD teams in the 2.BL? I think they ended up 14th or so. Naw, WAY too early to be calling that one.:D

Naw, MSV has played three VERY weak teams: Osnabrueck on the road and 1860 and Ingolstadt at home. Hardly tough games.

Augsburg is only slightly more impressive in beating Ingolstadt (away), Paderborn (home) and Bochum (away), but the are getting it done where it counts.

Hertha is a bit more impressive in having beaten RWO (home), Fortuna (home) and Armenia (away). That's a more impressive schedule IMHO than what Augsburg or MSV have played.

For my money the early favorites still look like FCA, Hertha and MAYBE Bochum. I think the rest is up for grabs. The only real shiite looking team so far is Ingolstadt. I think Armenia and the rest in the kellar can pull it together for a mid-table run.

Yup. Agree. One of those perennial replacement coaches.

I think he left for a good reason: The club was in financial crisis, he was getting pressure from the mgmt to do certain things and he was not allowed to do what he wanted to do. At his age and with his reputation he simply pulled a Cartman as said, "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home." Naw, unless Stevic goes and the finances are cleared up Lienen is not an option for several years.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Below are the Kicker ratings for Sunday's match:
    • Kiraly (3): Have to agree he was pretty average but did come up big with a few key saves...but that is average for him. :D
    • Rukavina (3,5): Tony just could NOT flank at all Sunday. Don't think he got one decent overlapping cross in all game. Unusual for him.
    • Bell (5): I think this is harsh. Sure he had a patzer but there were a series of patzers that lead to that first goal.
    • Buck (3,5): Agree.
    • Barros (5,5): Harsh IMHO. The guy is only 10 days on the team and brand new to the system. I would have said 4.
    • Aigner (3,5): Like Rukavina, Stefan was just not allowed to be himself.
    • Leitner (4): Would agree.
    • D. Stahl (3,5): I though Stahl was worse than Leitner. Had he marked Baljak better that second goal would not have happened.
    • Bierofka (3,5): See Aigner...just never set in the game. Made silly mistakes he normally does not. Lost his head on a challenge which he should never have made.
    • Lauth (3): Heck of a goal. Agree he was just average.
    • Rakic (4,5): I think this is fair. Missed two open chances and came up very short and several steps behind on a few other opportunities.
    As a team they were just flat. Biero is in the press as saying it is hard to "settle" when the formation keeps changing every week. He's right. I think they need to stick with the back 4 of Ruka-Bell-Buck-Barros and leave it to gel. It will come. I also think the shine might be coming off of Stahl too. If he has another game like this you might see Lovin back. I also think Rakic's days are numbered if he has many more games like this. Volland is just waiting for his chance.