Einmal Löwe – Immer Löwe / TSV 1860 München Official Thread 2010/2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only the German Cup match (DFBPOK) and the final two matches of the Bundesliga season have set dates.

All others are just the weekend/weekdays the match could take place on. All of the not yet set matches will take place either on the date shown or a day before or after.

[​IMG]

Opponent--------Comp-------MatchDay------Date/Time--------Home or Away

SC Verl---------DFBPOK--------Rd. 1--------Sa. 14.08.10 15:30-------A

VfL Bochum------2.BL----------1. Spt.------So. 22.08.10-------------A

VfL Osnabrück-----------------2. Spt.------So. 29.08.10-------------H

MSV Duisburg------------------3. Spt.------So. 12.09.10-------------A

Fortuna Düsseldorf-------------4. Spt.------So. 19.09.10-------------A

Erzgebirge Aue----------------5. Spt.-------We. 22.09.10------------H

FC Augsburg------------------6. Spt.-------So. 26.09.10-------------A

1. FC Union Berlin-------------7. Spt.-------So. 03.10.10-------------H

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen---------8. Spt.-------So. 17.10.10-------------A

Arminia Bielefeld--------------9. Spt.-------So. 24.10.10-------------H

Karlsruher SC----------------10. Spt.------So. 31.10.10-------------A

Alemannia Aachen-----------11. Spt.------So. 07.11.10-------------H

Energie Cottbus-------------12. Spt.------So. 14.11.10-------------A

FSV Frankfurt---------------13. Spt.------So. 21.11.10-------------H

SpVgg Greuther Fürth-------14. Spt.------So. 28.11.10-------------A

Hertha BSC-----------------15. Spt.------So. 05.12.10-------------H

FC Ingolstadt 04------------16. Spt.------So. 12.12.10-------------A

SC Paderborn 07------------17. Spt.------So. 19.12.10-------------H

VfL Bochum-----------------18. Spt.------So. 16.01.11------------H

VfL Osnabrück--------------19. Spt.------So. 23.01.11------------A

MSV Duisburg---------------20. Spt.------So. 30.01.11------------H

Fortuna Düsseldorf----------21. Spt.------So. 06.02.11------------H

Erzgebirge Aue--------------22. Spt.------So. 13.02.11-----------A

FC Augsburg----------------23. Spt.------So. 20.02.11-----------H

1. FC Union Berlin-----------24. Spt.------So. 27.02.11-----------A

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen-------25. Spt.------So. 06.03.11-----------H

Arminia Bielefeld------------26. Spt.------So. 13.03.11-----------A

Karlsruher SC---------------27. Spt.------So. 20.03.11----------H

Alemannia Aachen----------28. Spt.------So. 03.04.11----------A

Energie Cottbus------------29. Spt.------So. 10.04.11----------H

FSV Frankfurt--------------30. Spt.------So. 17.04.11----------A

SpVgg Greuther Fürth------31. Spt.------So. 24.04.11----------H

Hertha BSC----------------32. Spt------So. 01.05.11-----------A

FC Ingolstadt 04-----------33. Spt.-----So. 08.05.11-----------H

SC Paderborn 07-----------34. Spt.-----So. 15.05.11-----------A

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a re-posting of something I put in the old thread.

As you can see above, 1860 opens the 2010-2011 season with a match at VfL Bochum on the weekend of 20-23 August.

First home match is against VfL Osnabrück the weekend of 27-30 August.

1860 will have two "Oktoberfest matches" this season. The first will be a weeknight match against FC Erzgebirge Aue on 21 September (Tuesday) or 22 September (Wednesday).

1860 will have a home match on the final weekend of Oktoberfest (1-4 October) against Union Berlin.

I think it would be a safe bet to put me down for attending that Union Berlin match! LOL!! :D

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to be in Germany sometime this season.

4. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Whoops - didn't see the new thread.

Do we have an idea of this season's first team lineup yet?

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hell no.

If 1860 management has its way, there will still be some player movement.

Call me crazy, but here's what I would go with........

---------------------------------Kiraly----------------------------------------------

Ruka-----------------Bülow-------------------Beda---------------------Holebas----

--------------------Ignjovski-------------------------Lovin-------------------------

----------Aigner------------------------------------------------Bierofka----------

-----------------Lauth------------------------------Savio-----------------------

But of course, I know they'll probably play Mate G. over Beda.

That is, if the rumors of Lienen wanting Mate G. and Holebas with him at Olympiacos are not true.

6. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do not completely dislike your Starting XI there, Keith.

Obviously there are some assumptions (Biero on health and Beda on staying, etc.)

But in reality, this is a club that can make some moves in the table. If there can be any sense of consistency (so long as it is not consistent in taking zero points), there is potential here.

I am trying not to free base the Kool Aid, but there are some pieces here.

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    The keys to this season:
    • Health to key players
    • Luck
    • More money
    • German High Court ruling in favor of 1860
    • Luck
    • Youth players stepping up
    • A billionaire dies and leaves his money to 1860

8. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We "may" hit 3 out of your 7 points... Any more than that and Sechzig could be nipping at the heels of the top three in the 2.BL.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think there might be too many pieces in some places and not enough in others.

There are way too many "good" midfielders on this roster. Someone is going to be unhappy.

Let's just hope they don't upset the apple cart.......

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Dude, the thing that may kill us -- which has killed us EVERY year since 2004 -- is the utter lack of depth. In year's past we have had a deep youth system on which to rely. No longer. If we are unlucky enough to blow through some of our key starters we are in deep, sodding trouble.

Here is what I think the line-up MAY be based on who we have so far. Mind you I have no clue what "system" Maurer will employ but given the notations on the 1860 website it appears they are going with a 4-4-2, having designated only 4 forwards (Lauth, Schaeffler, Cooper and Lushtaku). As always, our problems will be in central defense and up front.

[LINEUP-4-4-2]
    Lauth, Savio, Halfar, Lovin, Ignjovski, Aigner, Holebas, Ghvinianidze, Buelow, Rukavina, Kiraly
    [/LINEUP-4-4-2]

Center Midfield
    I am not as worried about defensive midfield, wing defense or outside midfield. In defensive midfield we have Stahl who, IMHO, might actually beat out Lovin (if he does not get more aggressive) or Ludwig (if he does not start playing with more heart). I think Ignjovski, if he stays, will be a starter until he screws up. I cannot see anyone beating him out right now. I think the open position is up for grabs between Lovin, Stahl and Ludwig. Everyone knows that Lovin and Stahl are natural DMs and Ludwig prefers playing forward in a diamond 4 midfield arrangement. The BIG question is: "What will Maurer play?" Frankly, I don't think Loving is up to playing a lone DM right now and Stahl is too inexperienced to play that role effectively, especially given how lazy Ludwig has played of late. The wild cards are Uzoma and Halfar. Uzoma was unimpressive last year. Where does Halfar fit in? Is he a wing? An attacking midfielder? DM? Can he play in the double 6? Where will he play his best. Frankly I don't know. This will be interesting to see where he plays. Like Holebas, he may play out of position and become good at it. Or, like Ludwig, he may play out of position and suck at it.

Wing Midfield
    This is the area of least concern for me as we have guys like Camdal, Kaiser, Biancucchi, Biero and now Savio. If Aigner and Halfar (assuming he plays outside left) have problems, I can see any of these guys stepping in and doing just fine. I don't know where Savio will end up either given he can play striker and MF. Since the 1860 depth chart has him listed as a midfielder I can only assume (for now) that is where Maurer wants to play him. We won't really know until the first few friendlies. Sadly, I think Biero is done. I think 1860 will carry him on the books for this season and will use him very, very sparingly. I hope he can come back and has a few years left, but the odds are against him.

Central Defense
    Here, we are screwed. Unless mgmt gets at leat one more decent player we have ZERO depth. Mate is wanted by Lienen and, frankly, I think we should take the money and run. Alas, mgmt loves this guy so I highly doubt he leaves. The only depth we have here is Beda...that's it. No one else on the roster is a natural central defender. The loss of Felhi will be rough. Hopefully mgmt gets someone who has experience, is good in the air and not lazy.

Attack
    With only Lauth, Schaeffler and Lushtaku healthy, you might see guys like Savio playing up front if Halfar and Aigner are truly playing on the wings. Heck, I would even try Biancucchi up front as an option to Lauth. I think Lushtaku won't see much playing time...he has simply done nothing to warrant it. Given Savio is on a one year loan and knowing how Stevic hates to have loan players on the bench, I think Maurer will get pressure to play Savio up front from Day One with Lauth. I think Schaeffler will be used as a late "Joker" all season, as will Cooper when he gets healthy again.

Anyway, I have no clue who will play where until Maurer begins to show his cards during friendlies. The last one on the weekend saw him play a 4-1-3-2 with Lovin in CDM behind Aigner-Ludwig-Biero in midfield. I like this formation to be honest...I think it fits our personnel and leaves less of a hole than the double-6 formation Lienen had tattooed on his chest.

Well, that's my thoughts for now. I am sure we will see more to discuss in the coming days.

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Funny but you and I were almost the same on our formations and I did not even look at this before I posted. :D I left Biero out simply because I think they won't risk him too early in the season. Beda I left out simply because I think Stevic & Co. love Mate so much they will want him started. Maurer does not strike me as having the backbone to stand up to Stevic. Hope I am wrong and that Beda is the man to start. Also hope the double-6 goes out the window...we do not have ther personnel for it.

Damn, Keith....two eye-2-eye things we see so early in the season?? :D

12. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Germany's run to the WM title is over, unfortunately.

So, now, we can turn our full focus on to Promotion 2011!

I am insane, I know. But I also know I am looking forward to the club season.

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    They went farther than I thought they would. The good news is that they will be well positioned for EM 2012. That team was very young and have proven that they can play well without Ballack. All they need is someone to take over up top for Klose.

Side Note: Poldi and Khedira were not good today. Oezil as well was flat.

In club news, Cooper was in and out of surgery in 45 mins so sounds like it may not have been all that bad. Let's hope.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good news. I hope he heals well.

As far as the World Cup goes, tonight, the better team won.

But yes, this will be a team to reckon with as long as Sammer isn't the next coach.

15. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well said, Garry. I agree, finding a striker to replace Klose will be important.

Podolski and Khedira and Oezil were virtually invisible, but I think a lot of that was due to Spain's uncanny ability to control possession. Germany were running everywhere, trying to get and maintain possession.

Agreed on Cooper. That would be a solid boost.

16. Floormaster Squeeze

Sep 27, 2007
    Some Hill, VT
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Botswana
    Can Rukavina play central defense? I have seen Strobl's name come up in interviews so I assume he is going to get some time--probably at right back. (Maybe they just want to bring him up but why would they do that if he is not playing?)

Savio may be a preference at striker but I do not think Lauth has any guarantees right now. He will probably play but I cannot imagine any coach have too much patience with him if he is not working for position and/or scoring.

Edit my own post: Hofstetter and Schindler played right back today in the BlitzCup (which 1860 won!!) so maybe Strobl is already out of the running.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Not effectively. He is WAY too short.

Strobl and Ratei can play central defense and both have been with the U23 for years; Ratei being on his last year with the U23s unless they decide to keep him as one of their few over-age players, so he will HAVE to produce this season. I think the new guys brought in (Colak, Kurtovic) have been brought in to the U23s as possible central defenders.

Seems he was playing outside mid in the blitz games.

Results and formations for that blitz tournament are here.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1860 München: Lienen schnappt sich Holebas
    ...und auch Schäffler ist so gut wie weg

[​IMG]
    Lienen and Holebas at 1860​

von THOMAS ERNSTBERGER

Mit einem 5:0-Sieg bei Bezirksligist SV Aubing beendeten die Löwen am Samstag die zweite Vorbereitungswoche.

Für zwei Spieler war’s wohl das letzte Spiel für 1860. Linksverteidiger José Holebas (26) und Stürmer Manuel Schäffler (21) sind nach BILD-Informationen schon diese Woche weg!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

According to this report from "Bild", Jose Holebas will be sent to Olympiacos this week to join Ewald Lienen.

They also report that Manuel Schäffler is not in Maurer's plans for the team and will be loaned to either Ingolstadt or Duisburg.

The article suggests Schäffler will most likely be sent to Duisburg.

Loaning him to a fellow 2. Liga competitor tells me a lot about what 1860 thinks of Schäffler now.......

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Not surprised bu the Schaeffler thing...he is seend as a Kurz/Reuter "boy" and we know who Stevic treats them.:rolleyes:

I am VERY surprised about Holebas given we have ZERO depth in that position. I wonder why 1860 is selling a player in a position where we have no depth. Makes not sense to me. I cannot fathom why the club would do that.:rolleyes:

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Schäffler just isn't good enough and they're going to get what they can for him.

For the same reason whores sell their bodies....... :cool:

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Loewen News

Not a ton out there but here are the latest rumblings:
    • German Only: Rainer Maurer is insisting on German only during training sessions. He will only be speaking German and insists that the players all learn German and use it in training and during games. He is quoted as saying that Lovin and Biancucchi are picking it up just fine.
    • Savio on Savio: Here is an interview with Nsereko where he talks about his travels, injuries (too many for such a young guy with not much playing time IMHO) and the fact Bayern "wanted" him.:rolleyes: The funniest bit is in the comments section where a fan states his belief that with such a player he is looking forward to promotion; to which another fan writes, "Promotion? Hahahahahaha...and here comes another Ground Hogs Day". As an 1860 fan I have to agree I have felt like Bill Murray in that movie the past 6 years.
    • Tschauner and Vaseline: What do the two have to do with each other? Well, Tschauner is feeling a bit ill-done by Stevic & Co. Seems Coventry City is interested in him, however, having let go of Michi Hoffmann and both young U23 keepers not being ready to step in should Kiraly get injured, Stevic is reluctant to let Tschauner go. What sucks for Philip is that Michi Hoffmann would have been MORE than capable of stepping in for another year or two if Kiraly got injured. What's more is that Michi would have been the PERFECT guy to help train up the two young keepers to take over one day. Oh well, I guess Stevic knows best.:rolleyes:
    • More on Holebas: Jose is gone and on his way to Athens. We got 900k for him. Clearly we needed the money to sell a player in a position we have ZERO back-up. The article notes that we only have Rukavina (who still may be up for sale) and Schwarz (who is not fully fit) as natural wing defenders. The article goes on to say that Sandro Kaiser and Tarek Camdal may need to be used to fill in either wing defensive roles. Also that ex-Hachinger Necat Aygun (an central defender) has received a contract for the U23s and is training with the pro team; and that youth talents Daniel Hofstetter and Christopher Schindler are also central defenders from the U23 team training with the big boys....none of which have enough experience to really give Maurer much comfort about his defensive depth.
    • Schaeffler: Maurer confirms that "a change of air" may be needed for Schäffler and that he may go on a loan to Duisburg or Ingolstadt. This would leave 1860 with just Lauth, Savio, Lushtaku and Cooper up front. Young prospect Mathias Fetsch left for Braunschweig. Of course the press is not saying a thing about the fact our mgmt missed the chance to sign this kid and get money for him. More talent out the door without any money back in our pocket. This cannot continue.
    Anyway, that's what's in the news today.

22. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Loewen News

Pass the bottle of Baerwurz.

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't believe the fall from grace from Nsereko.....And to think that I really thought he would make it early on.

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Perish the thought...
    [​IMG]

No kidding. What gets me is the injuries. The kid is what, 20? And he has had very few senior games (12) and yet two very big injuries. I am starting to wonder if he is not a Deisler want-to-be in disguise.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Loewen News

Not unreasonable at all.

I read that interview earlier. Actually, both Bayern and BVB had interest in him a couple of years ago, but his price tag was too steep.

They could have got a bit of cash for a keeper who is probably a "never will be" and Hoffmann would have stayed for peanuts.......

Andi Goerlitz is still looking for a new club. He'd just have to learn to play on the left. LOL!!

Oh, it can continue. And we know how that story ends.

If this team doesn't win promotion and the club doesn't win the court case, they're going to need a miracle to survive.

But of course, you know that and others won't want to acknowledge it.